Fall 2016 New TV Season

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's a list of what is coming in the new season -- keep in mind a bunch of these are midseason premieres and probably some for next summer...

24: Legacy
American Housewife
APB
The BlackList: Redemption
Bull
Chicago Justice
Conviction
Designated Survivor
Doubt
Downward Dog
Emerald City
The Exorcist
Frequency
The Good Place
The Great Indoors
Great News
Imaginary Mary
Kevin Can Wait
Kicking and Screaming
Lethal Weapon
MacGyver
Making History
Man With a Plan
Marlon
The Mick
Midnight Texas
No Tomorrow
Notorious
Powerless
Prison Break
Pure Genius
Riverdale
Shots Fired
Son of Zorn
Speechless
Star
Still Star-Crossed
Taken
This is Us
Time After Time
Timeless
Training Day
Trial & Error
The Wall
When We Rise

Only a very few that I'm interested in this year.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched a little of The Good Place last night and it was pretty meh. Some cute/funny parts and an interesting premise, but by the second half I was falling asleep.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife loved Jack Bauer so she can't wait for Designated Survivor.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Good Place was mildly entertaining--Bell is always gold--so I'll give it a go. Son of Zorn had an awesome concept that fell so freaking flat. I hope Timeless pans out.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Good Place was mildly entertaining--Bell is always gold--so I'll give it a go. Son of Zorn had an awesome concept that fell so freaking flat. I hope Timeless pans out.
Lol

Agreeing on things so far... Must be a full moon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thought the same thing about Zorn which is a shame because it was one of the better pilots I read last year.

Can't wait for Lethal Weapon! :sarcasm:

Stout

Reaction score
Thought the same thing about Zorn which is a shame because it was one of the better pilots I read last year.

Can't wait for Lethal Weapon! :sarcasm:

That reminds me--I have to put the movie on right now.

Edit: Holy cow! There's a whole scene in this (the DVD) I never knew existed! A cheesy school sniper scene. I mean, I can figure out why it's been excluded, but dang.

Well, I guess I'm glad for the TV show, because it made me watch the DVD, and I got to see something new.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually liked The Good Place. I doubt that it can hold onto an audience for long though.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but did anybody catch Designated Survivor last night? Looking forward to that one.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but did anybody catch Designated Survivor last night? Looking forward to that one.

Yes - good pilot. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here. There is a potential storyline with a stereotypical character that could ruin the show for me, if allowed to dominate the show.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We pretty much throw everything at our DVR or add all the new stuff to our streaming queue to take a look. Most won't stick but will probably catch up on a few things this weekend.

Chap, I wish you had broken out that list by Fall premier vs mid season but I found it online. Thanks.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not a complete list, but just a list of stuff I'm most interested in (includes new and returning shows):

Friday, September 9
Quarry Cinemax 10:00 PM

Sunday, September 11
Son of Zorn Fox 8:30 PM

Wednesday, September 14
Blindspot NBC 10:00 PM

Monday, September 19
Gotham Fox 8:00 PM
Lucifer Fox 9:00 PM
The Good Place NBC 10:00 PM

Tuesday, September 20
Agents of SHIELD ABC 10:00 PM

Wednesday, September 21
Blindspot NBC 8:00 PM
Lethal Weapon Fox 8:00 PM
Modern Family ABC 9:00 PM
Designated Survivor ABC 10:00 PM

Thursday, September 22
The Good Place NBC 8:30 PM
Pitch Fox 9:00 PM
The Blacklist NBC 10:00 PM

Friday, September 23
Longmire Netflix
MacGyver CBS 8:00 PM
The Exorcist Fox 9:00 PM
Hawaii Five-0 CS 9:00 PM
Van Helsing Syfy 10:00 PM

Tuesday, September 27
Channel Zero Syfy 9:00 PM
Friday, September 30
Luke Cage Netflix

Saturday, October 1
Versailles Ovation 10:00 PM

Sunday, October 2
Ash vs. Evil Dead Starz 8:00 PM
Westworld HBO 9:00 PM
Elementary CBS 10:00 PM

Monday, October 3
Scorpion CBS 9:00 PM
Timeless NBC 10:00 PM

Tuesday, October 4
The Flash CW 8:00 PM

Monday, October 10
Supergirl CW 8:00 PM
Scorpion CBS 10:00 PM

Thursday, October 13
Legends of Tomorrow CW 8:00 PM
Supernatural CW 9:00 PM
Falling Water USA 10:00 PM

Friday, October 14
Goliath Amazon

Saturday, October 22
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency BBC America ??

Sunday, October 23
The Walking Dead AMC 9:00 PM

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the first episode of son of Zorn, the "car" scene was hysterical. Tim Meadows too.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Was very underwhelmed by it, certainly not enough to continue watching.

I'll watch at least one more and see where it goes. I chuckled out loud a few times. I love stupid comedy shows though.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Wife is home on maternity leave so is dvring every show on tv. I prefer to wait at least a year to see if they survive.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, all you posters that are mocking Lethal Weapon, is it sight unseen? We DVR'ed it and finally watched the pilot tonight and we both like it quite a bit.

Stout

Reaction score
Coming from the schmoe who wants to remake Buffy, I won't take that as high praise :)

The previews were quite bad enough--they were literally mouthing the same lines from the movie. I mean, it's bad enough we have all these terrible new shows and movies coming out--now there's going to be a show about Magnum PI's daughter--but don't expect me to actually watch them.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was always a BIG Lethal Weapon fan. Had the movie posters up in college, the whole shebang. Loved the movies. I was skeptical of rebooting it at all, let alone as a tv series. Still, I gave it a shot.

I really liked it. I think they captured everything that made the movies good, namely the characters and the relationship. I'm constantly underestimating Damon Wayans' acting ability. I think they nailed it, and I'm averse to remakes in general.

I say if you liked the movies and are interested, give it a shot. The worst thing is you waste 42 minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from the schmoe who wants to remake Buffy, I won't take that as high praise :)

The previews were quite bad enough--they were literally mouthing the same lines from the movie. I mean, it's bad enough we have all these terrible new shows and movies coming out--now there's going to be a show about Magnum PI's daughter--but don't expect me to actually watch them.

See, I knew you'd misunderstand me. I don't want to remake Buffy, I want THEM to remake Buffy. I want to lean back in my oversized recliner, take a sip of my green tea, and watch Buffy episodes I've never seen before. If they come up with a (well tested) zapper that wipes out specific memories, that would work too. I just want more Buffy. And when I get what I want with Buffy I'll go to work on Get Smart, WKRP, Bob Newhart show, Taxi, Wiseguy, Space: Above and Beyond, Stargate SG-1 and about a hundred other shows.

I wouldn't try to change anyone's mind about Lethal Weapon. But I do believe that those who watch it and want to like it, probably will.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know it's sacrilege, but I thought Lethal Weapon was nowhere near the dumpster fire I thought it would be. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Stout won't watch on principal, so more power to him, but it's not nearly as bad as you would think. It appears to be more generic and average than anything IMO.

I really enjoyed Designated Survivor, but can't for the life of me think how they will extend this story. The most exciting stuff is in the pilot, and then they'll fall into a West Wing/Madame Secretary vibe. Not necessarily bad, but doesn't seem to be in Kiefer's wheelhouse.

The Good Place was suitably weird, but there were very few moments I laughed out loud. We currently are using Friends as our filler show and we laugh a lot more per episode than with anything else on television. RIP Parks and Recreation! :)

Stout

Reaction score
See, I knew you'd misunderstand me. I don't want to remake Buffy, I want THEM to remake Buffy. I want to lean back in my oversized recliner, take a sip of my green tea, and watch Buffy episodes I've never seen before. If they come up with a (well tested) zapper that wipes out specific memories, that would work too. I just want more Buffy. And when I get what I want with Buffy I'll go to work on Get Smart, WKRP, Bob Newhart show, Taxi, Wiseguy, Space: Above and Beyond, Stargate SG-1 and about a hundred other shows.

I wouldn't try to change anyone's mind about Lethal Weapon. But I do believe that those who watch it and want to like it, probably will.

I didn't misunderstand--this is exactly what I thought you meant. And it's you feeding into the problem, in my estimation. We keep getting this retread pap because people like you revel in it and make money for them.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to like it, or want so much more of it (the remakes in your quoted post? :barf:); I just have a diametrically opposed viewpoint on more of this stuff. It saddens me that people don't want good original stuff, that they just want the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over again. This hinders the possibility of my getting more quality TV.

We disagree, and we'll always disagree. But that's cool. How fun would it be if everyone always agreed? Not fun at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard