Would you trade for Eli Manning?

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm still involved with a Giants' board and there's a lot of talk about whether there will be a big shakeup- coach and/or GM after this season. Also a lot of talk about Eli Manning's future. Eli is about 34 and on the next to last year of his contract. Lots of people there think that except for the top 5 or so QBs, many teams would kill to get a 2-time SB winning QB. Would you trade to bring him here, and if so, what would you give up for him?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Damaged goods at this point.

Maaaybe if we are talking about a 6th or 7th round pick....... maybe. He would demand more than that though.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I too would rather stay with Palmer. RG3 or Cam would be more interesting to me.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
one thing I can't stand is QBs who turn the ball over. Eli does that more than anyone. no thanks

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I too would rather stay with Palmer. RG3 or Cam would be more interesting to me.

Based on what Gruden said about RG3 you have to wonder if he will ever get it. If he is still having issues with the number of steps to take on drops, then his attention to detail and work ethic are questionable. As far as Newton is concerned, after seeing him on the Monday night game and after throwing that really poor INT in the first quarter and then wandering around the sidelines smiling and talking instead of sitting down with his coach and figuring out what went wrong just rubs me the wrong way.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
When Palmer throws a pick he isn't worried about. You can see it in his face. He has a short memory.

When Manny throws a pick he gets a big fat sour-puss face and it messes with his head...

I say 'no'...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Giants should trade Eli Manning to the Titans for a 2nd round pick and their best offensive lineman.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I would rather have Cooper Manning than RG3 or Newton.

Neither of the above will ever be leaders, and it's kind of a prerequisite of the position.

seesred

Reaction score
Had some good years. But looking at him now. The answer no way. Would not be interested in RGIII, but would love to take Cam if ever is available.

GBR

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Palmer has led the league in interceptions and threw a career high 22 last year (Eli had a league high 27). After a year in the system, Palmer saw a drastic reduction in picks this year. There is no reason not to believe that Eli Manning couldn't see similar results.

The Cardinals can't outscore anybody. Arguably the best receiving corps, a talented running back, decent pass protection, but the points aren't coming. The problem may be the quarterback.

If we are redrafting the league, I'm taking Manning before Palmer. Manning is inconsistent, but he has those rings.

As to what the Cardinals would give up for Manning. That's easy: Carson Palmer. They can't afford to pay both of them so a swap is the only way Manning could come to the desert.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Palmer for Eli YES and YES again

Eli working with BA would be perfection
Deal would be signed sealed delivered if I was GM
but I'm not

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I think that eli would do VERY well behind our o-line. That being said it will take him a season to fully grasp the offense and I dont think he has the arm strength BA wants. I wouldn't give up much for him and even then he would sit behind Palmer for at least a year.

AzFan13

Reaction score
I'm still involved with a Giants' board and there's a lot of talk about whether there will be a big shakeup- coach and/or GM after this season. Also a lot of talk about Eli Manning's future. Eli is about 34 and on the next to last year of his contract. Lots of people there think that except for the top 5 or so QBs, many teams would kill to get a 2-time SB winning QB. Would you trade to bring him here, and if so, what would you give up for him?

Never thought he was that great to start with. So that's a pass.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chances of Palmer coming back? And if he does, how good will he be?? Let hope Stanton is the answer, but if not, we are for sure in the market for a QB. Eli, not so sure. Cam, I would be open for that. RGIII, maybe.... Would rather have a veteran QB than drafting another if DS doesn't work out.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
People aren't suggesting Drew Stanton be kept over the chance to acquire Manning, Newton, or RG are they?

That's beyond crazy.

Manning isn't going anywhere until Coughlin is gone and I think it was a bad decision on the Giants part to change the way Eli does everything this late in his career. I'm not saying he can't do it but they've won 2 SB's with him and the system could have been tweaked rather than a complete overhaul. People were questioning Rivers a couple years ago and then they brought in a system that fits his style and he's back among the top QB's in the league. The same, I think, would be the case with Manning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn