Al McCoy Nearing End of His Career

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope not. I want to keep hearing "Shazam" and "Oh brother." Now if the Suns win the championship this year then I wouldn't mind it that much. It would be a great way for him to leave. He could go off the air saying "Put this one in the ol' deep freeze."

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
OH MY GOD AL!!!

Please.... Do this forever.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is hard to imagine listening to another broadcaster for the Suns game. How many years has he been doing this. He pretty much is the face of the Suns.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just had a sick feeling in my stomach

What if.....Tom Leander took over??

:stick:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some announcers who are icons. In so many ways Al McCoy is the voice of the Suns and represents the Suns image. I can live with some slippage as long as he wants to be the Suns announcer.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and not so long ago, some folks were calling for him to retire because of the mistakes he was making while calling the game. :)

Regardless, it will be odd not seeing him courtside.

Hot Rod Hundley was the radio voice of The Suns prior to Al, and he recently retired from his long career with the Jazz one or two seasons ago.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
He IS the face of the suns IMO.. I honestly haven't heard Al announce in a long time. Once I put on the radio 620 am to listen to game 3 my heart sank when I heard Al's voice.

SHIZZAM!!!!

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone read his book, The Real McCOy? Ive been wanting to pick it up for a while but for some reason I havent.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I don't know how long it's been since I saw a game with Al commentating. All I get is Leander and Gary Bender. And that really bothers me.

Maybe back when we had Kevin and Chuck. LOL "there's no D in Charles Barkley." That's great.

If we get the Championship this year then he can quit. :)

Last edited: