The Wire

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just a reminder;
The season finale is on one hour earlier due to Daylight Savings Time.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I still hear the ending credits in my head. I miss this show...... shieeeeeeeeeeet

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 episodes in now...man, Omar is going to ef some people UP for messing with his boy.

I love this show.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:notworthy

Thanks for finally dusting it off Donald. :)

Obama called Omar his favorite TV character. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished season two and just started season 3 last night.

I loved the docks season. Frank Sabotka is one of my favorite characters from this show--gave everything he could to his union. Everything about that guy was that he was all about his guys. Love that character. Also liked D'Angelo too.

And of course, they smoke both of them in the same season!! :bang:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished season 3!

First things first...YES!!!!

Muffing Stringer Bell, bitch got what was coming to him. Brother Mo and Omar walking down the street together was awesome...two bad dudes. Loved that Avon gave up Bell, and justice prevailed.

I miss Bunny already. Hamsterdam was a great social experiment and though it had its problems, it was successful in its own right.

Marlo is going to get his, can't wait.

McNutty set to hook up with Beadie Russell is fantastic. I love her.

I like Carcetti a lot, too. Great character.

String wanting to put a hit on Clay Davis was great. Way in over his head. Slim Charles (another favorite character of mine) saying "that's not a hit, it's some assassination ish" was great. String was way out of control.

And Dennis Wise, love that guy too. He and Marlo's crew are gonna beef in Season 4, I guess.

Bring on the fourth season! I already have disc 1 locked and loaded.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Midway through season four and

Yeah Carcetti!! Royce conceeding is great stuff. I like him. Probably means he will get killed, since those I like seem to get offed. Maybe Omar will survive, but I don't know about that either.

Nice to have Bunny back doing something.

I dislike Marlow greatly. As much as I liked Bell and Avon for the way they handled things, I dislike Marlow's cocky attitude and demeanor. I will be very happy when he goes down. More happy than I was for Bell.

I love Happy McNutty, but that won't last long I fear. :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i always heard great things about this show but never watched. well, i've had A LOT of time on my hands recently and decided I might as well give it a shot and good lord. this show is brilliant. the first season was just a knockout. the second season was a bit of a slow burn that just got hotter and hotter as the season went on. season 3 seemed to be the culmination of both seasons 1 and 2, while opening the door for season 4, which was pretty heartbreaking and then there's season 5, which has just been disturbing from pretty much ever angle. I just finished episode 6 and it's simply rivetting storytelling. The show makes choices that you just don't find on network TV or even movies for that matter. The heroes are scumbags and scumbags are even bigger scumbags and everything seems to be folding into itself. can't wait to see how this finishes.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i always heard great things about this show but never watched. well, i've had A LOT of time on my hands recently and decided I might as well give it a shot and good lord. this show is brilliant. the first season was just a knockout. the second season was a bit of a slow burn that just got hotter and hotter as the season went on. season 3 seemed to be the culmination of both seasons 1 and 2, while opening the door for season 4, which was pretty heartbreaking and then there's season 5, which has just been disturbing from pretty much ever angle. I just finished episode 6 and it's simply rivetting storytelling. The show makes choices that you just don't find on network TV or even movies for that matter. The heroes are scumbags and scumbags are even bigger scumbags and everything seems to be folding into itself. can't wait to see how this finishes.

Awesome man, so glad you have caught up. :)

I cant wait to watch Season 5, but will be sad when the series is over.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The heroes are scumbags and scumbags are even bigger scumbags

And sometimes heroes as well, relatively speaking.

The best part of this show is the layering of everything...everyone has good qualities and bad qualities, all the bullsh is the same, no matter whether on the corners, on the beat, in the school, in the union, in the government. "The Game" applies to every environment...over and over again, and you see the same motivations and circumstances. You like/hate characters, but rarely do you do so completely. I didn't hate String until he went at Omar. I love Omar, but his obsession with revenge blinds him and hurts those around him.

I love this show...where nobody is good yet everyone is at the same time.

And I've never been so invested in so many characters...ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
string was an incredible character. and as twisted as season 5 was (finished the whole thing yesterday... thank you insomnia), my favorite seasons were probably still 1 and 3, only because the Barksdale storyline (and String in particular) actually made me care about both sides of the game, as opposed to just loathing Marlo's gang throughout seasons 4 and 5.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't help but hate Marlow and his gang, after how tightly the Barksdale crew was run, with the brains and brawn of Avon and String meshing. Marlow's crew is thuggish and careless...and cocky. The barksdales were thuggish and cocky, but never careless. You had to respect their dedication to their business.

I agree...Stringer Bell was a great character, who just dug himself in too deep. Avon nailed him with one line about how he was too smart for the street and not smart enough for the political game he was in (paraphrased, of course).

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Finished season two and just started season 3 last night.

I loved the docks season. Frank Sabotka is one of my favorite characters from this show--gave everything he could to his union. Everything about that guy was that he was all about his guys. Love that character. Also liked D'Angelo too.

And of course, they smoke both of them in the same season!! :bang:

There was a quote from Sobotka that I absolutely love in season 2. It was when he was talking to a lobbyist to pay him for his services. I think he said something like:

"You know what the trouble is, Brucey? We used to make **** in this country, build ****. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket"

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Donald;

Pearson Arrested On Drugs Charges
22 August 2008 12:05 PM, PDT

The Wire star Felicia Pearson has been arrested on drugs charges, after police discovered marijuana in a bedroom at her house.

The actress, who plays Snoop in the U.S. drama, was arrested on Wednesday at her home in Baltimore, Maryland.

Pearson was charged after police went to her home when she refused to co-operate as a witness in a murder trial

They discovered two cigars containing suspected marijuana in a bedroom, as well as loose plant material.

Pearson is required to testify as a witness to a 2005 murder.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you able to translate it? It's tricky. the first part and the last are not the same.

yes, I also got it.

Yep, I was able to determine that the beginning and end were different.

I am a regular Chris Partlow.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not. buying. it.

I demand a snoop to english translation...stat!

kna ma, i inna eun ha em cigas wiuny muhiana innem, kna ma?

"Why no kind sir, I have never in all my life possessed cigars, Cuban or otherwise, that contained marijuana, might you know what I am talking about?"

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said snoop to english, not the queen's english.

You are the winner.

To translate your translation more directly (bad grammar and all):

No, man. I didn't never even had them cigars with any marijuanna in them, you know what I mean?

I hate her.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort