Interesting Comments

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what you call being mentally weak. Amare has owned up this series and said that the Spurs were simply the better TEAM while Shaq/Dantoni and company want to try and say that game 1 was actually a win for us.

amare was saying the same thing, or don't you remember his "Happy B-day Tim" comment as the reason they won the game, as if we gave them a gift.

what I call mentally weak is missing clutch FTs in the fourth quarter (happened all season and in Game 1), turning the ball over at the end of games (last 2 minutes Game 1), not playing D or switching on a wide open three (Game 1) and taking horrific charging fouls which put you out of a game (OT Game 1). THAT'S mentally weak.

I agree with what you're saying about DA and Shaq. I just think it's comical that you don't see Amare's guilty of the same thing.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Yes I called people morons. Maybe its because you cant read. I never said Game 1 wasnt important. I just said close out games are the most important because everything is on the line.

So in two close out games, Diaw came to play, when the spurs defense was playing to kill off the suns. You might benefit from reading the NBA scouting reports, they predicted that Pop would try to force amare to handle the ball because he makes bad decisions, led the team in TO's in the series, and cant pass well out of the double team. DA's counter in games 4,5 was to go through Diaw and not have amare handle the ball, while having amare and shaq concentrate on defense in the lane to decrease the spurs scoring in the paint. It worked, amare and shaq held the spurs to 39%(vs 52% in the first 3 games) with amare NOT concentrating on scoring, and Diaw defending parker. those games the suns outshot the spurs, not so in the first three games when amare was "getting his." Amare was more valuable to the team when he wasnt the main scoring option.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job. When one post of yours gets dismissed move on to another garbage post.

Nash cant be a pesky defender because of his physical handicap? He doesnt even need to be a good defender. At least make some effort on the perimeter. Amare does that every once in a while down low.

jeez man, can't you talk basketball without being insulting? Are YOU Amare or a relative or something. You're taking this discussion WAY too personal. But you credit Amare's blocks as proof of him putting out effort on D, but at the same time, you completely discredit Nash's charges... they're the same thing in my eyes. Individual plays that either side can point to as proof they're not really THAT terrible, but they really just hide the fact that both of them are just horrendous defenders - one limited physically and the other seemingly by choice.

I'm not saying Amares a good defender, I'm saying that everyone wants to hate on Amare for every single negative thing about him. He said he is gonna focus on his defense this summer. Instead of trusting him considering he always does what he says in teh summer, you want to call him a liar and a joke. Its pathatic.

I'm not gonna go dig up that quote he had last summer about him being the MIP this year and becoming a better defensive player. Everyone here except you remembers him saying it and saw what happened this year.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
amare was saying the same thing, or don't you remember his "Happy B-day Tim" comment as the reason they won the game, as if we gave them a gift.

what I call mentally weak is missing clutch FTs in the fourth quarter (happened all season and in Game 1), turning the ball over at the end of games (last 2 minutes Game 1), not playing D or switching on a wide open three (Game 1) and taking horrific charging fouls which put you out of a game (OT Game 1). THAT'S mentally weak.

I agree with what you're saying about DA and Shaq. I just think it's comical that you don't see Amare's guilty of the same thing.
Making that comment is = to saying we lost the series because of game 1. Once again you turn something into something entirely different when it comes to Amare.

Once again Amare made mistakes. No doubt about it. But at least he was there on the defensive end when werent giving him the ball in game 4 and 5. What people should be complaing about is how Dantoni and the rest of the team managed let Amare not even shoot the ball in the 4th quarter of game 5. Amare even started demanding the ball but he wasnt given the oppurtunity to do anything. Name me another team that would allow a top 10 scorer to not even shoot the ball in the last quarter of the last game of the season?

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
So in two close out games, Diaw came to play, when the spurs defense was playing to kill off the suns. You might benefit from reading the NBA scouting reports, they predicted that Pop would try to force amare to handle the ball because he makes bad decisions, led the team in TO's in the series, and cant pass well out of the double team. DA's counter in games 4,5 was to go through Diaw and not have amare handle the ball, while having amare and shaq concentrate on defense in the lane to decrease the spurs scoring in the paint. It worked, amare and shaq held the spurs to 39%(vs 52% in the first 3 games) with amare NOT concentrating on scoring, and Diaw defending parker. those games the suns outshot the spurs, not so in the first three games when amare was "getting his." Amare was more valuable to the team when he wasnt the main scoring option.
Diaw came to play becuase he was given the chances. Amare wasnt given those chances in game 4 and 5. Ive already shown the offensive stats that prove taht the SUns are still a better offensive team even with AMare turning over the ball occasionly.

You are really clueless if you think DAs counter was having AMare and Shaq concentrate on defense in the lane. His counter was putting Diaw on Parker and fighting through screens and playing more aggressive on those pick and rolls. It had nothing to do with telling AMare not to worry about scoring.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I think this discussion has become a little extreme on both sides.

I just thought it was really strange that someone who had been so butchered all year in Boris, is suddenly going to be an answer for us going forward, while at the same time we bash the guy who we proclaimed to be the answer for us all along.

I really feel bad for those that are counting on Boris to up his play next year.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Making that comment is = to saying we lost the series because of game 1. Once again you turn something into something entirely different when it comes to Amare.

Once again Amare made mistakes. No doubt about it. But at least he was there on the defensive end when werent giving him the ball in game 4 and 5. What people should be complaing about is how Dantoni and the rest of the team managed let Amare not even shoot the ball in the 4th quarter of game 5. Amare even started demanding the ball but he wasnt given the oppurtunity to do anything. Name me another team that would allow a top 10 scorer to not even shoot the ball in the last quarter of the last game of the season?

I don't know, I felt like everyone but Nash was scared to shoot at the end of game 5, including Amare and let's not forget our new All Star Boris coughing up that TO into the spurs bench in crunch time while in the post on a much smaller player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a) I've wanted DA out of here after we lost last year.

b) we're gonna put the ball in the hands of the guy who this year has NEVER been clutch in the fourth quarter? Did you watch Amare at the line all season? Did you see him completely melt-down in a variety of ways in Game 1? Did you see him get completely shut down in the second half of Game 2?

I don't blame them for not getting the ball in his hands because unless Nash was feeding him for a dunk on a pick and roll, Amare hasn't shown that he deserves the ball at that point in the game yet. Problem is, no one else deserves it on this team either, which is why we lost this year. We had no go to guy down the stretch most of the season. We saw that in amost eery close game we played, especially post Shaq... close loss that we blew to the Pistons, Mavs, Denver and 3 games against SA.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think this discussion has become a little extreme on both sides.

I just thought it was really strange that someone who had been so butchered all year in Boris, is suddenly going to be an answer for us going forward, while at the same time we bash the guy who we proclaimed to be the answer for us all along.

I really feel bad for those that are counting on Boris to up his play next year.

I have my reservations about Amare being "the man" but I do know Amare will work his ass off in the offseason and I also know that I have zero faith Diaw will do the same.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
jeez man, can't you talk basketball without being insulting? Are YOU Amare or a relative or something. You're taking this discussion WAY too personal. But you credit Amare's blocks as proof of him putting out effort on D, but at the same time, you completely discredit Nash's charges... they're the same thing in my eyes. Individual plays that either side can point to as proof they're not really THAT terrible, but they really just hide the fact that both of them are just horrendous defenders - one limited physically and the other seemingly by choice.
Cant you discuss basketball without insulting? 8 out of 10 posts of yours are calling Amare names. Tell me how many combined steals/charges/blocks Nash got this year and then go compare those to Amares. Or you could just admit that Nashs defense is WORSE and that it is just as sad if not sadder than Amares.

I'm not gonna go dig up that quote he had last summer about him being the MIP this year and becoming a better defensive player. Everyone here except you remembers him saying it and saw what happened this year.

And he did get better as a weakside defender. Clearly he focused on the wrong thing though or didnt give enough time to complete defense. Lets see if that changes this year. No reason to call him a liar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I felt like everyone but Nash was scared to shoot at the end of game 5, including Amare and let's not forget our new All Star Boris coughing up that TO into the spurs bench in crunch time while in the post on a much smaller player.

exactly. Amare got the ball SEVERAL times right at the FT line open for a jumper and hesistated. EVERYONE on that team was afraid to shoot, except Nash who couldn't throw it in the ocean. I don't know why Bayless can't see that.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Yep Amare seemed timid on offense at the beggining of the 4th but he seemed to get more aggressive as the quarter went on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant you discuss basketball without insulting? 8 out of 10 posts of yours are calling Amare names. Tell me how many combined steals/charges/blocks Nash got this year and then go compare those to Amares. Or you could just admit that Nashs defense is WORSE and that it is just as sad if not sadder than Amares.

are you Amare Stoudemire? If not, how am I insulting you? And no where did I say Nash's defense WASN'T worse. I've said he's horrific as well. As to who's worse? I don't know, both guys get lit up like pin ball machines. My problem is that Amare has the physical tools to do something about it but doesn't. But again, I don't see why you're taking criticism of Amare personally.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score

b) we're gonna put the ball in the hands of the guy who this year has NEVER been clutch in the fourth quarter? Did you watch Amare at the line all season? Did you see him completely melt-down in a variety of ways in Game 1? Did you see him get completely shut down in the second half of Game 2?

I don't blame them for not getting the ball in his hands because unless Nash was feeding him for a dunk on a pick and roll, Amare hasn't shown that he deserves the ball at that point in the game yet. Problem is, no one else deserves it on this team either, which is why we lost this year. We had no go to guy down the stretch most of the season. We saw that in amost eery close game we played, especially post Shaq... close loss that we blew to the Pistons, Mavs, Denver and 3 games against SA.
Amare has said he wants to work on becoming that go to guy. No matter what happened in the past, he is the only one on our team capable of that. Yet people want to hate on him for wanting to be the man of a team that clearly needs him to be that man. Amares work ethic combined with Steve Kerr bringing in someone that will focus on that gives me hope.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score

I agree here. Amare has not been clutch in the fourth, but because he not the player you just give the ball to and say "do something with it", you need to find ways to find him, just as they had done most of the year. By making Boris the primary ball handler/decision maker on offense, you take the ball away from the person who does that the best in Nash, and he becomes useless on the floor as he can't defend a lick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And he did get better as a weakside defender. Clearly he focused on the wrong thing though or didnt give enough time to complete defense. Lets see if that changes this year. No reason to call him a liar.

you want to show me where i called him a liar? All I said was he said the same thing last year and came back worse in almost every area.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
are you Amare Stoudemire? If not, how am I insulting you? And no where did I say Nash's defense WASN'T worse. I've said he's horrific as well. As to who's worse? I don't know, both guys get lit up like pin ball machines. My problem is that Amare has the physical tools to do something about it but doesn't. But again, I don't see why you're taking criticism of Amare personally.
Think about it. I came in with 8+ pages of stupid comments about the comments he made that were perfectly fine except the Dantoni one, which he should have just gave the typical answer to so he could please you guys.

Dont tell me not to insult you when you are insulting someone else. Its gone beyond construtive critisicm for you guys. Its just flat out hating now especially since almost every post is filled with insults. If you dont want me to insult you, dont insult anyone else. Just giving you pricks a taste of your own medicine.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare has said he wants to work on becoming that go to guy. No matter what happened in the past, he is the only one on our team capable of that. Yet people want to hate on him for wanting to be the man of a team that clearly needs him to be that man. Amares work ethic combined with Steve Kerr bringing in someone that will focus on that gives me hope.

i just don't think basketball IQ is something that can be changed.

and Amare hasn't said he wants "to work" on becoming that go to guy. He's said he SHOULD be that guy... "absolutely" even though he's done nothing to earn being that guy. I don't hate on him wanting to be the man. I "hate" on him already thinking he IS the man without having ever done anything to prove it.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

and Amare hasn't said he wants "to work" on becoming that go to guy. He's said he SHOULD be that guy... "absolutely" even though he's done nothing to earn being that guy. I don't hate on him wanting to be the man. I "hate" on him already thinking he IS the man without having ever done anything to prove it.

I don't think he has been given the full chance to be "the go to guy." The offense isn't built around him, I think that is going to change, Kerr is going to demand it or D'Antoni, his brother, the coke head and the greasehead are gone.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score

This is what he said.

There's a big difference between living with it and supporting it. Stoudemire said that next year the Suns should "find out who our go-to player is, find out who's going to have the ball in their hands, then go with it."

Asked if he wanted to be that go-to guy, he said: "Absolutely."

Once again you made something out of nothing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree here. Amare has not been clutch in the fourth, but because he not the player you just give the ball to and say "do something with it"

right there is the reason he can NEVER be a go-to-guy. Every go to do guy in the league worth a lick of salt is someone who you can give the ball and say "do something with it". That's why they're a go-to-guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what he said.

Once again you made something out of nothing.

if you don't think that comment along with all his other comments about doing things differently in the playoffs versus the regular season doesn't add up to him thinking he's already the man, I don't know what to tell you.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
if you don't think that comment along with all his other comments about doing things differently in the playoffs versus the regular season doesn't add up to him thinking he's already the man, I don't know what to tell you.
What comments? The one about they shouldnt have switch up the offensive gaem plans?

Once again, when the facts are laid out, you want to ASSume things becuase of your hatred.