Interesting Comments

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
did you just call a bunch of people morons while throwing this statement out? When the series was on the line, he was nowhere to be found on defense. But, yeah, games 1 and 2 when we desperately needed a split and a MUST WIN HOME GAME 3 weren't as important as the hail mary games 4 and 5.

pot, this is kettle, you're black.
Close out games are always the most important.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Last time i looked... all the games were important. You call people morons? How can you deny the importance of game 1? Seemed pretty pivitol to me.... but what do i know... being a moron and all.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. I just don't get it. We've crucified Boris all year and praised Amare, and now Boris has two good games in a row, and we now say he needs more.
People here are just waiting to pounce on Amare for ANYTHING. Its actually pretty funny. Amare has had the most mature quotes out of everyone this series but people want to make something out of nothing.

Amare says he wants to work on his defense. People say hes lying. Its just ridiuclous now.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Too bad Boris won't be going up against Finley in his natural position all year. A lot of SF's are going to tear him apart. But fine, if you want to build around Boris I guess that's your opinion, Kerr isn't going to, and that's all that really matters.

OMG, what is it with you? Who said build around Diaw? I said maximize your advantages and minimize your disadvantages. That means use Boris as a 3 because he is stronger, taller, and smarter than just about any small forward in the league, and better play maker and passer than ANY SF in the league. Don't use him as an undersized PF/C on D, standing on the perimeter on offense.
There is NOTHING unreasonable about that.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Last time i looked... all the games were important. You call people morons? How can you deny the importance of game 1? Seemed pretty pivitol to me.... but what do i know... being a moron and all.
Yes I called people morons. Maybe its because you cant read. I never said Game 1 wasnt important. I just said close out games are the most important because everything is on the line. You cant make up for a bad performance in a make up game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close out games are always the most important.

uh, wrong. once in you're in a 0-3 hole, nothing matters because you're screwed.

if you think Games 4 (when the Spurs basically rolled over and died) and 5 were more important than us getting down 0-3, well, then I don't know what to tell you.

i mean the entire team said the series was lost when we blew Game 1, but yeah, i guess you're right.

sheesh.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, what is it with you? Who said build around Diaw? I said maximize your advantages and minimize your disadvantages. That means use Boris as a 3 because he is stronger, taller, and smarter than just about any small forward in the league, and better play maker and passer than ANY SF in the league. Don't use him as an undersized PF/C on D, standing on the perimeter on offense.
LeBron James ring a bell?

This is why its hard to take anything you idiots have to say seriously.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

If you dump Amare and keep Diaw, that is building through Diaw. No?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

The problem is that you and a few of us don't wear our Amare goggles. Anybody who claims Amare is not the best player in the league is a moron, according to the other side. It's like living in a twilight zone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare says he wants to work on his defense. People say hes lying. Its just ridiuclous now.

amare said the same thing last year and came back as the worst defensive player on the entire team... even worse than Nash, which shouldn't even be physically possible, but comically was.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

amare said the same thing last year and came back as the worst defensive player on the entire team... even worse than Nash, which shouldn't even be physically possible, but comically was.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
uh, wrong. once in you're in a 0-3 hole, nothing matters because you're screwed.

if you think Games 4 (when the Spurs basically rolled over and died) and 5 were more important than us getting down 0-3, well, then I don't know what to tell you.

i mean the entire team said the series was lost when we blew Game 1, but yeah, i guess you're right.

sheesh.
I said close out games. Meaning 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 3-0. The series wasnt lost when we blew Game 1. The series was pretty much lost before it even started because of the mindset of this team.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
LeBron James ring a bell?

This is why its hard to take anything you idiots have to say seriously.

OK, you got me, I didn't feel it was necessary to specifically say that 3rd best player in the league is better than Diaw. For some reason I thought it wasn't necessary to include "With the exception of Lebron James, and possibly McGrady if you count them as SF and not SG." Damn, you got me.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Find me the quote where he said that last year.

Comparing Nashs defense to Amares defense is a joke. Amare can occasionly body up his guy and can block shots with teh best of them while Nash NEVER bodies up his guy or stops him from penetrating. Oh but hes good at taking charges. :bigyawn:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said close out games. Meaning 3-3, 3-2, 3-1, 3-0. The series wasnt lost when we blew Game 1. The series was pretty much lost before it even started because of the mindset of this team.

okay, so when Amare says something, it should be taken as gospel, but when other players say we lost the series when we lost Game 1, that's just a bunch of BS?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

No it wasn't, but it set the tone for the remaining games and losing in such a way (double overtime after having the game in the bag 3 times) is a real emotional let down.... as seen by their play in game #2

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
OK, you got me, I didn't feel it was necessary to specifically say that 3rd best player in the league is better than Diaw. For some reason I thought it wasn't necessary to include "With the exception of Lebron James, and possibly McGrady if you count them as SF and not SG." Damn, you got me.
That wasnt your problem. You werent even thinking about them because you were too focused on Diaw and his beautiful kickouts when he has a wide open lay-up.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
...and Arizona Wildcat fans wonder why people heavily dislike them

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find me the quote where he said that last year.

Comparing Nashs defense to Amares defense is a joke. Amare can occasionly body up his guy and can block shots with teh best of them while Nash NEVER bodies up his guy or stops him from penetrating. Oh but hes good at taking charges. :bigyawn:

here's the problem... BOTH guys are a joke. Nash physically can't stay with anyone and that's what makes him terrible. But you know what's the bigger problem... Amare's not physically challenged and he's STILL HORRIFIC.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
okay, so when Amare says something, it should be taken as gospel, but when other players say we lost the series when we lost Game 1, that's just a bunch of BS?
Thats what you call being mentally weak. Amare has owned up this series and said that the Spurs were simply the better TEAM while Shaq/Dantoni and company want to try and say that game 1 was actually a win for us.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If you dump Amare and keep Diaw, that is building through Diaw. No?

Oh, I see what you mean. I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that. Diaw is by no means someone you can build around, at this point in his career anyway.
You can get some serious talent in return if you trade Amare.

Nobody is going to take Diaw at this point. If he proves he can play like he did last two games and he can average 21, 9 and 8, while shooting close to 60%, you'll probably not want to trade him. If you did, you could get some talent in return, but still not as much as you could for Amare.

I know it's a pipe dream, but let's say somehow we manage to get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard in a multi player deal. You're building around Chris Paul or Dwight Howard with Boris being a very important role player, you're not building around Diaw.

Sorry for misunderstanding. In no way shape or form am I saying that Diaw is a player we should build around, nor that Diaw is better than Stoudemire.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
here's the problem... BOTH guys are a joke. Nash physically can't stay with anyone and that's what makes him terrible. But you know what's the bigger problem... Amare's not physically challenged and he's STILL HORRIFIC.
Great job. When one post of yours gets dismissed move on to another garbage post.

Nash cant be a pesky defender because of his physical handicap? He doesnt even need to be a good defender. At least make some effort on the perimeter. Amare does that every once in a while down low.

I'm not saying Amares a good defender, I'm saying that everyone wants to hate on Amare for every single negative thing about him. He said he is gonna focus on his defense this summer. Instead of trusting him considering he always does what he says in teh summer, you want to call him a liar and a joke. Its pathatic.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
I did not find a huge problem with Amares defense in game 4 & 5.

Too bad too late

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort