The Bumbling Bender......

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
After watching last nights game, I was blown away by just how many calls Gary Bender gets wrong. It got to the point where I was just laughing at how awful he was. I thought maybe we should start a drinking game for anytime he calls a game.

1. If he incorrectly states which player a foul has been called on, you take a drink.

"Thats on Stoudemire, thats his fifth!!!" - Bender

"No...I think they're gonna call it on Hill" - Majerle

2. If he incorrectly states which TEAM a foul is on, you take two drinks.

"And Barbosa to the hole, and he got it and he'll go to the line!" - Bender

"No...I think they're gonna call on an offensive foul there. " - Majerle

3. If he incorrectly states what type of call is being made, you take three drinks.

"And theyre saying its an offensive foul."

"No three second call".

Not sure how to handle simultaneous infractions:
"And its out of bounds off Artest."

"No. Loose ball foul on Marion."

And we got to have everyone drink for everytime he says "And all of a sudden...."

Can anyone else think of a good rule?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Because it was on Fox Sports. Leander only does play by play for the My45 games.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
how about a drink for every time EJ says "it really is" or "he really is" I love when he says that, it's funny.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
They say "axe" in it. Indeed random, but classic.

Garbage? Thats one of the pioneers in internet chainmail comedy.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've always hated Bender, Leander isn't much better, though. Majerle makes up for Bender's horrific play by play.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe we could do a game and guess how many blunders Bender does each game. Then everyone submits their blunder examples to set the number (people who guess high will have an incentive to pay close attention")

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Watching the boston-GS game right now. Dear god almighty the boston commentators are horrid. I'll take 5 Leanders and 3 benders over these useless wastes of space they have in boston.

No passion, no analysis, it sounds like they just watch the game and chit chat with each other when they feel like it. Absolutely ridiculous.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
Watching the boston-GS game right now. Dear god almighty the boston commentators are horrid. I'll take 5 Leanders and 3 benders over these useless wastes of space they have in boston.

No passion, no analysis, it sounds like they just watch the game and chit chat with each other when they feel like it. Absolutely ridiculous.

and they get paid for it