Zito might be available

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the D'backs could easily obtain this guy, he is really struggling and the A's have dismissed its because they traded away Ramon Hernandez and got rid of his pitching coach.

I love Zito's game (he was on the board when the D'backs took Corey Myers!!) He is only 26 and is due $3,000,000.00 and he is in the second year of a four-year, $9.3 million extension; with incentives, the contract could total $18 million. Who would you trade for him?

I would trade:

Brandon Webb
Cintron or Kata
some prospect

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
I would give up anyone on our team Excluding Gonzalez. Webb could be a decent trade for him but I wonder how willing the Dbacks are to trade with Beane

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could see Zito go to Boston. Beane loves Youlkis.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Rich Harden would be a better pickup than Zito.

But, who could the A's get in return that would help them win a pennant? They are in first place with a bullpen that has been almost as bad as the D-Backs and an offense that has been weak most of the year. I don't see the D-Backs being able to entice a pitcher of that magnitude from the A's from either area of the D-Backs roster.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I think Rich Harden would be a better pickup than Zito.
I think so too, but Harden isn't going to be available anytime soon...I think Zito is gone midseason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose