Zinter on ESPN Show

AZZenny

Reaction score
Fans of UA baseball and the Sidewinders are well-versed on the story of former Wildcat Alan Zinter, who has spent almost all of his 17-year career in the minor leagues.

Now the world gets to view his story.

Zinter will be the focus of 'Timeless,' an ESPN show that features stories in sports overlooked by main coverage, according to a press release issued by the Sidewinders.

The episode is scheduled to air Saturday at 8:30 a.m. on ESPN2.

"I'm interested to see it," said Zinter, who was followed around by a camera crew for three days in early April. "It's a story on minor-league baseball and how I've persevered. I've persevered for a long time, and I'm still going. There's not a lot of guys out there like that."

Zinter, 37, is on the disabled list with a left shoulder injury. He was hitting .216 with two home runs and 14 RBIs but has not played since June 23.

"Some muscle in there has been nagging me," said Zinter, who is eligible to come off the DL today but does not know when he will be activated. "It's a day-to-day thing."

Sidewinders manager Chip Hale said: "He's not 100 percent. When he gets back to 100 percent then he'll come off. He's just not ready right now."