Zack Greinke reportedly was frustrated by Shelby Miller trade

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zack Greinke reportedly was frustrated by Shelby Miller trade

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/zack-greinke-frustrated-shelby-miller-trade/299299

The Arizona Diamondbacks made some big moves this offseason to turn themselves into contenders for 2016, but Zack Greinke apparently was concerned about the cost of one of the moves.

Signing Greinke was the biggest transaction by Arizona, as they committed $205 million to the former Dodgers pitcher. The second-biggest move was acquiring Shelby Miller in a trade with the Braves. Though Miller has been a good starter the past three seasons, his addition came at a hefty price; Arizona gave up former No. 1 overall draft pick Dansby Swanson, as well as other prospects Ender Inciarte and Aaron Blair, to get him.

According to a Bill Shaikin article in the Los Angeles Times, Greinke was “frustrated and disappointed” by how much the D-backs gave up in the trade.

The Diamondbacks weakened their depth, by a little or by a lot, with the Miller trade. Greinke was said by friends to be frustrated and disappointed at how much talent the Diamondbacks lost in getting Miller. Greinke, asked whether he liked the trade, deflected the question without a yes or no.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
If true, that is an odd thing to be frustrated about. I have my doubts as to the accuracy of this story....

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
If true, that is an odd thing to be frustrated about. I have my doubts as to the accuracy of this story....

That definitely seems weird. Greinke isn't worried about prospects that may not even make it to the roster while he's in a D'back uniform. Ender? Maybe. Especially now with AJ out for a good long while. You would think he'd like having a good #2 starter on the team as well.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Pretty much everybody with a pulse thinks the Dbacks gave up too much for Miller.

So what?

sent from a fone

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's got $205M reasons not to be frustrated. I am frustrated over the turd of a performance he had yesterday.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Apparently Greinke wants to be Number 1 without a 1a.

He should take a lesson from Randy and Curt. And the results.

Or Koufax and Drysdale. And the results.

They competed, but they had each others' backs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

It has nothing to do with that. Greinke is a different cat and seems to care about his team making horrible trades. It's easy to forget he's under contract longer than any current player and wants to be a good team for 6 years not three. Probably should've kept his opinion on this quiet though.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LOL at Miller being a 1a on par with Schilling or Drysdale.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
LOL at Miller being a 1a on par with Schilling or Drysdale.
I referred to them as examples of cohesiveness between the top two starters in the rotation.

OK, #1 and #2, brought in to bump our previous #1 to #3.

Same concept. One of them should not be talking negatively about the other's trade to the Press.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score

Or Kershaw and Grein.....

Oh nevermind.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Or Kershaw and Grein.....

Oh nevermind.
The title to this thread is, "Zack Greinke reportedly was frustrated by Shelby Miller trade".

The reaction is not about when Greinke was a Dodger backing up Kershaw. It is about his comments now about who is backing him up. On our team.

As a D-backs fan, doesn't that bother you at all? Especially the way they both started the season. Greinke wasn't brought here to second-guess the GM.

It is known that he has a fragile psyche. I hope Tony La Russa and the gang can get him on track quickly. So far, it has rolled downhill.