DCU: Zach Snyder’s Justice League

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t understand how they can make it look like an entirely different movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand how they can make it look like an entirely different movie.

whedon apparently rewrote and reshot almost 70% of what Snyder had already done when he replaced him. So, the movie that hit theaters was a much much different movie that Snyder originally shot, much of the footage then never used (or so the story goes). Also, WB gave Snyder 70 million bucks for extra shooting once they decided to green light his original version.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
whedon apparently rewrote and reshot almost 70% of what Snyder had already done when he replaced him. So, the movie that hit theaters was a much much different movie that Snyder originally shot, much of the footage then never used. Also, WB gave Snyder 70 million bucks for extra shooting once they decided to green light his original version.

So it’s technically not the original Snyder Cut?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
So it’s technically not the original Snyder Cut?

Snyder technically never had a cut before. It was a conceptual cut. He was fired before it was finished. So it's always been about a cut that shows his vision and not what Whedon did after he took over.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Snyder technically never had a cut before. It was a conceptual cut. He was fired before it was finished. So it's always been about a cut that shows his vision and not what Whedon did after he took over.
He wasn’t fired. He “quit.” But then returned.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I thought he left for a family matter and WB had to meet a deadline so they brought in Whedon to finish. He brought a different touch to it making it not as “dark”.

My question had to do with the new one and whether Snyder did reshoots or just editing/CGI. I think we wouldn’t heard of the main cast coming back for reshoots...

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
He wasn’t fired. He “quit.” But then returned.

I don't know if he really quit either. From what I've seen it seems like he had to take a leave due to a family tragedy and Warner Bros. used that opportunity to bring someone else in for the franchise. But like @cheesebeef said, who really knows. It's probably somewhere in the middle and we're only getting bits and pieces of the true story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he left for a family matter and WB had to meet a deadline so they brought in Whedon to finish. He brought a different touch to it making it not as “dark”.

My question had to do with the new one and whether Snyder did reshoots or just editing/CGI. I think we wouldn’t heard of the main cast coming back for reshoots...

his daughter died I think either towards the end of shooting or beginning of post, but after the critical drubbing Bats v. Supes took, word was they were already changing Justice League on the fly during production so it wouldn’t be as grim as the the previous movie was.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
his daughter died I think either towards the end of shooting or beginning of post, but after the critical drubbing Bats v. Supes took, word was they were already changing Justice League on the fly during production so it wouldn’t be as grim as the the previous movie was.

Pretty incredible. Has a studio admitted they screwed up this bad since Star Wars?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty incredible. Has a studio admitted they screwed up this bad since Star Wars?

i actually don’t think they see it as a screwup as much as it is an incentive to get more subscribers to their struggling streaming platform.

if not for HBOMAX, I’d be super skeptical that they’d even think about revisiting that mess.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i actually don’t think they see it as a screwup as much as it is an incentive to get more subscribers to their struggling streaming platform.

if not for HBOMAX, I’d be super skeptical that they’d even think about revisiting that mess.
Probably a lot of truth to this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This isn't his Justice League; it's his "oh, I've listened to the criticisms over the intervening years so I can fix it and do all sorts of things I never would have originally done" Justice League. Yawn. Pass.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't his Justice League; it's his "oh, I've listened to the criticisms over the intervening years so I can fix it and do all sorts of things I never would have originally done" Justice League. Yawn. Pass.

If it didn't wow someone at 120 minutes, I doubt they're going to invest 240 minutes for this version. Meh.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's not going to be in theaters? I don't have HBO Max so I guess I'll have to Arrrgh it.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Just a heads up that there's a Celebrate the Snyder Cut live stream coming up on March 17th at 5pm that Zack is going to be on. It's a charity stream to raise money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. They're going to be auctioning off some cool stuff as part of it if any of you guys are big DCEU fans and looking for any unique stuff.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just a heads up that there's a Celebrate the Snyder Cut live stream coming up on March 17th at 5pm that Zack is going to be on. It's a charity stream to raise money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. They're going to be auctioning off some cool stuff as part of it if any of you guys are big DCEU fans and looking for any unique stuff.

I don't want to poo poo the auction and charity part of it, as that's pretty awesome. Still..."Celebrate the IN NO WAY IS THIS AN ACTUAL Snyder Cut live stream?" Gimme a break lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this in the 4x3 aspect ratio?

Snyder believes it should have an IMAX run and used that aspect ratio because he believed it'd be best for that. Seems like a cop out in case it looks awful, he can then claim that its meant to be seen on IMAX screens so of course it won't look right on most home theaters.

"My intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 1:43 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen," Snyder said at Justice Con

Ign.com/articles/zack-snyder-cut-justice-league-widescreen-fullframe

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know visual effects are expensive but I'm not sure how they spent $70-80 million on finishing this film. Only one scene was added from recent reshoots.

Im not sure what I expected from this but what I watched wasn't very good. It was better than the theatrical release but that doesn't say much. I can say for certain I won't watch this again.

I hope this doesn't lead to another Snyder DC film because then ill give up on them until he's gone. He's just not the right guy to adapt DC characters. I am looking forward to his zombie flick later this year.

The only new scene that was shot was part of the epilogue. Its weird because he definitely teases future films. Perhaps he's become quite the optimist since the initial debacle back when this was released in theaters. If hes hoping for another hashtag sort of fan campaign to allow him to do another JL film to finish his vision, since this was originally set to be part one of two, I can't see it happening for various reasons. I'd be shocked if there was a lot of support for more Snyder since this film felt a lot like the theatrical cut except longer. Anyone hoping for something that different will be disappointed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose