Zach Snyder’s Justice League

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t understand how they can make it look like an entirely different movie.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand how they can make it look like an entirely different movie.

whedon apparently rewrote and reshot almost 70% of what Snyder had already done when he replaced him. So, the movie that hit theaters was a much much different movie that Snyder originally shot, much of the footage then never used (or so the story goes). Also, WB gave Snyder 70 million bucks for extra shooting once they decided to green light his original version.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
whedon apparently rewrote and reshot almost 70% of what Snyder had already done when he replaced him. So, the movie that hit theaters was a much much different movie that Snyder originally shot, much of the footage then never used. Also, WB gave Snyder 70 million bucks for extra shooting once they decided to green light his original version.

So it’s technically not the original Snyder Cut?

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So it’s technically not the original Snyder Cut?

Snyder technically never had a cut before. It was a conceptual cut. He was fired before it was finished. So it's always been about a cut that shows his vision and not what Whedon did after he took over.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Snyder technically never had a cut before. It was a conceptual cut. He was fired before it was finished. So it's always been about a cut that shows his vision and not what Whedon did after he took over.
He wasn’t fired. He “quit.” But then returned.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I thought he left for a family matter and WB had to meet a deadline so they brought in Whedon to finish. He brought a different touch to it making it not as “dark”.

My question had to do with the new one and whether Snyder did reshoots or just editing/CGI. I think we wouldn’t heard of the main cast coming back for reshoots...

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He wasn’t fired. He “quit.” But then returned.

I don't know if he really quit either. From what I've seen it seems like he had to take a leave due to a family tragedy and Warner Bros. used that opportunity to bring someone else in for the franchise. But like @cheesebeef said, who really knows. It's probably somewhere in the middle and we're only getting bits and pieces of the true story.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he left for a family matter and WB had to meet a deadline so they brought in Whedon to finish. He brought a different touch to it making it not as “dark”.

My question had to do with the new one and whether Snyder did reshoots or just editing/CGI. I think we wouldn’t heard of the main cast coming back for reshoots...

his daughter died I think either towards the end of shooting or beginning of post, but after the critical drubbing Bats v. Supes took, word was they were already changing Justice League on the fly during production so it wouldn’t be as grim as the the previous movie was.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
his daughter died I think either towards the end of shooting or beginning of post, but after the critical drubbing Bats v. Supes took, word was they were already changing Justice League on the fly during production so it wouldn’t be as grim as the the previous movie was.

Pretty incredible. Has a studio admitted they screwed up this bad since Star Wars?

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty incredible. Has a studio admitted they screwed up this bad since Star Wars?

i actually don’t think they see it as a screwup as much as it is an incentive to get more subscribers to their struggling streaming platform.

if not for HBOMAX, I’d be super skeptical that they’d even think about revisiting that mess.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i actually don’t think they see it as a screwup as much as it is an incentive to get more subscribers to their struggling streaming platform.

if not for HBOMAX, I’d be super skeptical that they’d even think about revisiting that mess.
Probably a lot of truth to this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This isn't his Justice League; it's his "oh, I've listened to the criticisms over the intervening years so I can fix it and do all sorts of things I never would have originally done" Justice League. Yawn. Pass.