Zach Lowe

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If a team in NY won 64 games, the sports media world would crap itself and then toss the crap in the air and call it confetti.

100%.

New York especially, but if we played anywhere out east the media would be drooling over us. 80% of the people who vote on these awards are geezers who are in bed when our home games tip off.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN's Zach Lowe's award ballot is in and...

Booker not in the top 6 for MVP. Below Luka and Steph

Bridges not in the top 4 for DPOY.

Hang that article in their lockers for round 1 please.

Lowe is honestly embarrassing now. His takes are just so bad. I think he’s just doing shock radio type takes now

He also left Marcus Smart off his DPOY ballot. By all accounts it’s going to come down to those two.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Lowe leans pretty heavily on stats for these awards. Booker is 18th in VORP, 24th in PER and 22nd in win shares.
Bridges is 9th in defensive win shares and 27th in DBPM. Paul is basically ahead of both of them in most categories.

By the way, according to this post on reddit, the MVP has been top 3 in VORP each of the last 14 years. Oddly enough Nash was the last MVP to be ranked as low as Booker (19th).
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN's Zach Lowe's award ballot is in and...

Booker not in the top 6 for MVP. Below Luka and Steph

Bridges not in the top 4 for DPOY.

Hang that article in their lockers for round 1 please.

Just curious, who did Zach Lowe pick for his All NBA team?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just curious, who did Zach Lowe pick for his All NBA team?

First team

G - Luka
G - Booker
F - Tatum
F - Giannis
C - Jokic

Second Team
G - Curry
G - Morant
F - KD
F - LeBron
C - Embiid

Third Team
G- Trae Young
G- Chris Paul
F- DeRozen
F- Siakam
C- KAT

Defense 1st team
G- Smart
G- Bridges
F- Jaren Jackson Jr
F- Bam Abedeyo
C- Rudy Robert

Defense 2nd team
Thybulle
VanVleet
Giannis
Draymond
Embiid

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First team

G - Luka
G - Booker
F - Tatum
F - Giannis
C - Jokic

Second Team
G - Curry
G - Morant
F - KD
F - LeBron
C - Embiid

Third Team
G- Trae Young
G- Chris Paul
F- DeRozen
F- Siakam
C- KAT

Defense 1st team
G- Smart
G- Bridges
F- Jaren Jackson Jr
F- Bam Abedeyo
C- Rudy Robert

Defense 2nd team
Thybulle
VanVleet
Giannis
Draymond
Embiid

OK thanks. Nice to see that Booker and Bridges did get some recognition. But Paul on the 3rd team? That's messed up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
OK thanks. Nice to see that Booker and Bridges did get some recognition. But Paul on the 3rd team? That's messed up.
Who do you think he should replace on a higher team, Booker, Luka, Ja Morant or Steph Curry? I have a hard time putting CP3 above any of those guys for All-NBA. I honestly think Trae Young has a better argument. Especially in the star-happy NBA.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul on the 3rd team makes sense considering the year all of the other guards ahead of him had. Plus Booker being 1st team might lessen Paul in some voters eyes.

I don't get how Lowe can put Booker on 1st team and put guys he picked for MVP behind him. Seems contradictory. I don't mean Embiid either, obviously with one Center spot that makes sense but he has Steph ahead of him in MVP voting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't remember who it was that said it, but one of the national guys said that it's a weird time now because team wins don't matter in MVP voting anymore. Which doesn't make any sense.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't remember who it was that said it, but one of the national guys said that it's a weird time now because team wins don't matter in MVP voting anymore. Which doesn't make any sense.
Exactly. Penalizing the Suns because we have a great team where everyone sacrifices instead of rewarding it. Book is like 85th in touches per game and hardly gets to the line. He could average 30 if he was about himself and not the team.

Bridges offensive numbers could improve if he got more shots, but he does what he’s asked and he sacrifices and takes the toughest matchup on D.

Oh well. The ultimate prize is a title. Gonna be a long road but this team is ready.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Paul on the 3rd team makes sense considering the year all of the other guards ahead of him had. Plus Booker being 1st team might lessen Paul in some voters eyes.

I don't get how Lowe can put Booker on 1st team and put guys he picked for MVP behind him. Seems contradictory. I don't mean Embiid either, obviously with one Center spot that makes sense but he has Steph ahead of him in MVP voting.

Booker was the best SG in the league this year so he should get that first team spot. Doesn’t mean he was more “valuable” than Curry. Golden State was kinda crappy without him. I think the criteria for the two accolades can be different.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker was the best SG in the league this year so he should get that first team spot. Doesn’t mean he was more “valuable” than Curry. Golden State was kinda crappy without him. I think the criteria for the two accolades can be different.

That makes some sense but I don't know how many voters consider filling their ballots for each position like that rather than selecting the best 2 guards and 2 forwards. Like Lowe's 3rd team has 2 PG's in Paul and Young.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Missing 15 games with an injury, and the team going 12-3 during that stretch, also doesn’t help. (Of course, the same argument could be made against Morant.)

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missing 15 games with an injury, and the team going 12-3 during that stretch, also doesn’t help. (Of course, the same argument could be made against Morant.)

Because VROP is very easy to Google

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Because VROP is very easy to Google
??? Paul is tied for 12th in VORP. The top 3, not surprisingly, are Joker, Freak, and Process.

Among guards, CP3 is behind Doncic, Young, Curry and Butler.

Last edited: