Zac Gallen

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has some filthy movement on his pitches and excellent control. His minor league numbers are outstanding and he's been one of the best pitchers in the bigs since he was called up.

I do not get the Marlins. How on earth do you give up a pitcher with the weapons he has and 6 years of club control remaining without getting a massive haul?

That change up he throws... good god. It has so much downward movement on it while still coming in pretty fast. A true power changeup. He gets so many guys to swing and miss.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was impressive to be sure.

From the Marlins perspective, they don't have a SS, nor any good prospects in the system, but a lot of young SP. They wanted Jazz. Hazen made them pay a price.

A big change from when we would give away good prospects for trash or to dump salaries.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was impressive to be sure.

From the Marlins perspective, they don't have a SS, nor any good prospects in the system, but a lot of young SP. They wanted Jazz. Hazen made them pay a price.

A big change from when we would give away good prospects for trash or to dump salaries.

Typically salary that we acquired by giving away prospects.

But I think the Marlins are just generally a terribly ran franchise. You can't have enough pitching and hitting abounds throughout the league. Six years of club control on a guy with Gallen's ability... he won't be a free agent until after 2025. It's hard to put a price on that... and I know the price should be a lot higher than a AA short stop that is battling the Mendoza line.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically salary that we acquired by giving away prospects.

But I think the Marlins are just generally a terribly ran franchise. You can't have enough pitching and hitting abounds throughout the league. Six years of club control on a guy with Gallen's ability... he won't be a free agent until after 2025. It's hard to put a price on that... and I know the price should be a lot higher than a AA short stop that is battling the Mendoza line.

I agree. But plenty were crying about "Giving Jazz Away"

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I posted in another thread how id give up 2 Jazz's for Gallen. After reading more on him im making it 3. The guy is a filthy animal and im schocked we got him that cheap. Shortstops are exciting and all but SP wins championships.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
a bit off topic....but mother of god the team that Miami could have fielded with all these players that they have traded. How come they weren't winning with all of these quality players that they are just giving away?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a bit off topic....but mother of god the team that Miami could have fielded with all these players that they have traded. How come they weren't winning with all of these quality players that they are just giving away?

Not all of them were performing at such a high level in Miami. Yelich was good but not MVP good. The list goes from there.