Your Weekly out of town NEWS SOURCE 9ers

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/49ers/

I can't stand anything about this team from top to bottom.I dispise them with my very being.I want to crush them Monday Night with all the love from Chris Berman flowing to his precious whiners and steve young to be on tv with his bald spot growing on his head like the plague.

Nothing short of a three touchdown win will be worth it to me.I doubt there will be many fans in the seats before the game ends except for the CARDINALS fans who braved the diseases to go to that city's stadium and watch this CHAMPIONSHIP game.Two WESTERN DIVISION CROWNS BACK TO BACK.Not bad ARIZONA CARDINALS....

Get ready to play the packers twice in about 4 weeks.That film should already be out and should be studied for the best game plan against them all season.GB looked unreal in pre-season and even with the loss of quite a few great players their rookies are stepping up and they still have one great pass defender and a qb who is fearless after getting sacked that much.IT will take our A game to beat them in the playoffs at home.We can't phone this one in.

Sure take it one game at a time but I can read the obvious stuff from weeks ago.Its not a done deal yet but its getting there more and more every day.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Regarding your GB comment. Have any 2 teams every played on back-to-back weeks, in the same stadium?

That would be so wierd. Bet the Pack wouldn't even go home for the weekend, which would be expensive for them, considering the Fiesta Bowl would be played that week.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/49ers/

and steve young to be on tv with his bald spot growing on his head like the plague.

ROTFLMBO!! Come on, Doug. Some make-up artist works long hours on that bald spot hoping against hope you won't even notice it.

My wish for Monday night is that it will be Loma Preata II and the 49er fans will looking in their trunks for their emergency packs because all of the hot air has been knocked out of them.

I am so tired of people from The City thinking they don't have to spread lime.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Regarding your GB comment. Have any 2 teams every played on back-to-back weeks, in the same stadium?

That would be so wierd. Bet the Pack wouldn't even go home for the weekend, which would be expensive for them, considering the Fiesta Bowl would be played that week.

I can't recall the specifics, but I do remember this happening more than once in the 90's and 80's.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like our matchup with the Packers. Their defense is improving weekly & there isn't enough time left in the season for someone to expose a flaw in it. Rodgers has a gun & has very good targets. They will pose a huge problem for us. I'd rather play anyone from the NFC Least than the Pack.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe I read or just heard on the NFL network that the packers are the highest penalized team in the league plus the amount of sacks they give up lead the league too.

The commentator on NFL Network says it depends on which kind of referee crew you get to how they call the very tough man to man defensive play of the packer DB's.Some call it close and others let them play.

Heck I want the refs in the Playoffs to not allow that crap to take place.I hate flag days but I'll take a bunch of touchdowns off of pass interference calls for sure.The packers were the best team in the NFL by FAR in the pre-season but that was a million months ago to where we are now and they have lost some very key linebackers and one stud db.Plus they have two rookie lbs starting that were drafted almost in the same rounds we took Cody Brown and Will Davis and both are playing well.

I'm gonna watch the packer game this Sunday and the vikings/Bengals game also.Plus watch the eagles/Cowpies game.

No WAY do we let a team like WE'VE put together here in ARIZONA GET AWAY WITHOUT WINNING A LOMBARDI with head coach WHIZ doing what he did in hireing Coach Davis and making things so MUCH BETTER on defense.What coach fires a SB defensive coordinator? One that knows he can do better.We got the head coach that retaught himself how to be an offensive coordinator and play caller again.He is still getting better by the week as he's not totally there yet.He calls off the dogs too soon during the season games.

We can't do that in Playoff games.AMERICA will finally know how special this DEEP,DEEP team of ARIZONA CARDINALS really are and WHO THEY ARE after we MAKE THE RUN again.Right through the undefeated teams.ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!!! Plus hogtie coach Lott and MAKE HIM SIGN A CONTRACT.Pay the man!!!!He's a MAIN cog in this machine.He deserves an extra raise for what he's worth to a team.Come on Billy open the wallet for the TRAINER of the league.We can't replace him.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like our matchup with the Packers. Their defense is improving weekly & there isn't enough time left in the season for someone to expose a flaw in it. Rodgers has a gun & has very good targets. They will pose a huge problem for us. I'd rather play anyone from the NFC Least than the Pack.

I've always liked your posts and thoughts.When I read them I read them as if Mike Corleone is speaking for some reason.Too funny.I agree about how the packers have improved and they can sling the ball around.They also are the highest penalized team in the league as they play the closest man coverage in the league and when its called its flag day against them.Plus they have a horrible offensive line we should be able to just rush 4 against and get to rogers.Who now is begining to run the ball well too.

We can stop their run game but that isn't a big part of their screen game and passing game they run.We should get tons of sacks and hopefully have a playoff crew that won't allow the defensive backs to hold like they like to do during the season.

They are really missing some key players they had earlier in the season.They've got rookies Kurt Warner will light up at DB and at both outside linebacker spots.WE should be able to run and throw on them as the Vikings did twice with it not even being close games.I'm just glad it won't be in a blizzard and we will beat them.Probably twice.Unless the Bengals take down the vikes this week,then They could slide and we step into the 2nd spot with a giants win over the vikes.Crazier things have happened.

I did'nt like the atlanta game last season either.Yet we pulled it out.No one gave us a shot in Carolina.Yet we are a MUCH better and DEEPER team this year that is STILL learning new offensive sets for different folks on our team.Folks are getting well and we should have a hard time at gametime on who to put on the inactive list.Will Davis will be back to play hard again.Count on it.

I'm thinking someone else takes the saints out as they are not ready for primetime PLAYOFF football.Like maybe the eagles can. We may get the homefield for the CHAMPIONSHIP game again.If not ,we've learned to be ROAD WARRIORS this year.Warner has'nt lost a road game yet this year.

The gameplans just keep on getting better too.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I actually think the Cards match up very well with the Pack...Yes, Kurt has troubles with 3-4 teams, sometimes, but...The Packers are very aggressive with the Blitz, because they have to solid CB's that can play on islands...I don't care who the CB's are, though, because Kurt has proven that no matter who is back there, if you blitz him he will make you pay.

I don't even think that if Winfield had been healthy Sunday night, he would have made much of a difference for the Vikes.

Another thing, too...The Packs Oline is about as weak as you can get. If the Cards get pressure, which they should be able too, they will be fine against Aaron.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am indifferent about the niners. And the Rams. And seahawks.

But i have real dislike for the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys.

And I absolutely can not stand the Redskins.

My hate is old school. :D

That said, I love the city. San Fran I mean. My favorite place to visit on the west coast.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always liked your posts and thoughts.When I read them I read them as if Mike Corleone is speaking for some reason.Too funny.I agree about how the packers have improved and they can sling the ball around.They also are the highest penalized team in the league as they play the closest man coverage in the league and when its called its flag day against them.Plus they have a horrible offensive line we should be able to just rush 4 against and get to rogers.Who now is begining to run the ball well too.

We can stop their run game but that isn't a big part of their screen game and passing game they run.We should get tons of sacks and hopefully have a playoff crew that won't allow the defensive backs to hold like they like to do during the season.

They are really missing some key players they had earlier in the season.They've got rookies Kurt Warner will light up at DB and at both outside linebacker spots.WE should be able to run and throw on them as the Vikings did twice with it not even being close games.I'm just glad it won't be in a blizzard and we will beat them.Probably twice.Unless the Bengals take down the vikes this week,then They could slide and we step into the 2nd spot with a giants win over the vikes.Crazier things have happened.

I did'nt like the atlanta game last season either.Yet we pulled it out.No one gave us a shot in Carolina.Yet we are a MUCH better and DEEPER team this year that is STILL learning new offensive sets for different folks on our team.Folks are getting well and we should have a hard time at gametime on who to put on the inactive list.Will Davis will be back to play hard again.Count on it.

I'm thinking someone else takes the saints out as they are not ready for primetime PLAYOFF football.Like maybe the eagles can. We may get the homefield for the CHAMPIONSHIP game again.If not ,we've learned to be ROAD WARRIORS this year.Warner has'nt lost a road game yet this year.

The gameplans just keep on getting better too.

I'd be lying if I denied that the "Godfather" is my favorite movie of all time. Pacino's greatest role. As far as the Packers are concerned, they scare me for two reasons. Their defense is still evolving & not enough of it has been exposed for us to attack. The Ravens commented after the game that the Packers surprised them with certain looks. Capers has a brilliant defensive mind & this team is just now starting to gel. My concern is that he could confuse us just enough to stop us from getting off to a fast start. When you're at home in the playoffs, the longer the road dog stays close, the greater the chance of an upset. Secondly, their offensive line is improving & giving Rodgers at least some time to beat secondaries. Rodgers has a quick release & can be evasive in the pocket. The Giants, Eagles & Cowboys are all predictable & easier to prepare for. The Packers are more of an unknown quantity. They could easily win out. Just my opinion. They kind of remind me of the Cardinals last year.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I denied that the "Godfather" is my favorite movie of all time. Pacino's greatest role. As far as the Packers are concerned, they scare me for two reasons. Their defense is still evolving & not enough of it has been exposed for us to attack. The Ravens commented after the game that the Packers surprised them with certain looks. Capers has a brilliant defensive mind & this team is just now starting to gel. My concern is that he could confuse us just enough to stop us from getting off to a fast start. When you're at home in the playoffs, the longer the road dog stays close, the greater the chance of an upset. Secondly, their offensive line is improving & giving Rodgers at least some time to beat secondaries. Rodgers has a quick release & can be evasive in the pocket. The Giants, Eagles & Cowboys are all predictable & easier to prepare for. The Packers are more of an unknown quantity. They could easily win out. Just my opinion. They kind of remind me of the Cardinals last year.

I agree with you on almost all points and the fact they are replacing the hurt vets with rookies who are really standing up and playing well is also a great factor for them.I'm almost glad we'll face them twice.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is absolutely amazing how good the Packers D has been the last few weeks. What team could lose the caliber of players like Al Harris and Aaron kampman (both Pro-Bowlers) and not only still play well but seem to get better? That's pretty damned impressive and a real testament to their coaching staff.