Your Team Cheats*

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting website i just found. Not sure whether this has been posted before, but it has some info to make Cards fans happy, and some that will make us groan.

Happy clicking!

...dbs

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Compare the number of playoff appearances/wins over the past 20 years between the top half of that list and the bottom half. Pretty clear that cheating to get ahead works in the NFL.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jeff Blake and Matt Leinart cheated? Didn't seem to help much.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting:

TEAM: The Arizona Cardinals

SEVERITY:scale

SUMMARY: Players who freely use illegal hits as part of their game give themselves an unfair advantage versus those who play by the rules. A team's cheap shots fined below $25K are not counted at all. Individual cheap shots are penalized very lightly (0.25 cameras per $25K fine). It's only when a team puts together a string of cheap shots that the overall severity rises to a significant level. I'm looking at your Detroit.

SEVERITY = 0.25 video cameras per NFL punished incident with a fine over $25K. Tallied from 2010 until today. Treble-severity (0.75 cameras per game) is assessed for game suspensions, as they punish particularly malicious hits.

Example 1: $35K fine with no suspension = 0.35 cameras. Example 2: $55K fine and one game suspension = 0.55 + 0.75 = 1.3 cameras. Example 3: $125K fine and two game suspension = 1.25 + 0.75 + 0.75 = 2.75 cameras. A team's cheap shot points are summed and rounded to the nearest whole or half camera rating.
The Arizona Cardinals are one of the few NFL teams who this decade have not had a player suspended or penalized more than $25,000 for a cheap shot or dirty tactics.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA