Your opinion on Cards chances for Manning?

Odds of landing Manning-your opinion?

• 0-10% very unlikely

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 10-30% possible but not probable

Votes: 29 25.4%
  • 31-49% Decent

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • 50-50 Tossup

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • more than 50-50

Votes: 13 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put us at about a 2.357 % chance

With Miami taking up the other remaining %

But as Jim Carrey would say: "So your telling me theres a chance"

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put us at about a 2.357 % chance

With Miami taking up the other remaining %

But as Jim Carrey would say: "So your telling me theres a chance"

Looks like you are coming around. :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's possible but not probable. I'm thinking around 10% for the Cards.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I was a little optimistic until I heard Manning will decision in a week.

Graves can't decide soup or salad in a week's time.

He couldn't sign Calais Campbell after a 1 1/2, and couldn't sign Boldin in 2 1/2 years.

Not a lot of confidence he can get this done. The Cardinals front office just cannot compete with a majority of NFL front offices.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I ment to hit 10-30% chance... subtract one vote from the 31-49%.

Money is the only issue I see with the Cardinals signing Peyton...

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's going to be tough to usurp Miami, but I also think we are the only team with a shot to do so. If he doesn't end up in Miami or AZ, I will be shocked and he will be a fool.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I said 50-50. I believe its a two-way race between us and Miami. I see us as the better fit for him as well. I think as long as we are in the same ballpark with the money as the other teams we should come out on top.

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
It's going to be tough to usurp Miami, but I also think we are the only team with a shot to do so. If he doesn't end up in Miami or AZ, I will be shocked and he will be a fool.

Supposedly he is playing golf with Dan Marino right now..... not looking good. Hope Kolb is getting his mind right.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
couldn't sign Boldin in 2 1/2 years.

Couldn't or didn't want to?

Its also a good thing Graves wont be in charge of this high profile of a deal. Mikey will be front and center in this situation. Anything this high profile, Graves is just a water boy.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was a little optimistic until I heard Manning will decision in a week.

Graves can't decide soup or salad in a week's time.

He couldn't sign Calais Campbell after a 1 1/2, and couldn't sign Boldin in 2 1/2 years.

Not a lot of confidence he can get this done. The Cardinals front office just cannot compete with a majority of NFL front offices.

Sorry, but I think the "in a week" time frame means the Cards are really in it. It means that he is intending to make a decision before the Kolb bonus is due. What other reason could he have for trying to do it so quickly.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think the "in a week" time frame means the Cards are really in it. It means that he is intending to make a decision before the Kolb bonus is due. What other reason could he have for trying to do it so quickly.

Could mean he just wants to get settled and move on. The sooner the better. He has a family and doesnt want to be travling all over teh country entertaining offers for teh next month. Im sure he would like to sit back relax and enjoy the off season. Not to mention stay grounded and working on his rehab. I see no reason at all that it has anything at all to do with Kolb and his roster bonus.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Couldn't or didn't want to?

Its also a good thing Graves wont be in charge of this high profile of a deal. Mikey will be front and center in this situation. Anything this high profile, Graves is just a water boy.

This on both counts. We didn't want to extend Boldin at a price that would've made him feel valued appropriately by the organization, so it didn't happen.

If Michael wants to get Manning and we don't, it'll be because someone put together a better package to get him than we could, not more than we wanted to.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could mean he just wants to get settled and move on. The sooner the better. He has a family and doesnt want to be travling all over teh country entertaining offers for teh next month. Im sure he would like to sit back relax and enjoy the off season. Not to mention stay grounded and working on his rehab. I see no reason at all that it has anything at all to do with Kolb and his roster bonus.

I agree, plus I'm sure he knows how important getting this out of the way will be for his next employer. Once they sign Manning, they'll know where to focus their attention as regards the draft, free agency and contract issues. Until then, the pursuit of Manning is going to put a lot of other plans on hold for the parties involved.

Steve

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I voted 50-50 though I believe it's 49-51 with Miami a slight possible edge due to them being AFC....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Matt Flynn rumored to be going to Miami before the PM express started rolling. This might be a nice catch for the Cardinals if they deem Kolb a failed experiment. I do. I'd like to see Flynn and Skelton as our QBs if PM goes to Miami.

I think PM coming to the Cardinals will be somewhere in the 10-30% range.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know the viewpoint of RG taking forever, but if he wants to get it done, he really only has at most until Kolb's contract decision is there. Thus the only way we are in the situation, is with the knowledge we need to go fast. If we're serious, as some of the smoke indicates, it has to of been factored in. Even the dumbest GM in the history of the NFL should understand that our window for Peyton Manning most likely closes (besides him signing elsewhere) when the time expires on our flexibility with Kolb's contract.

So I don't think in this particular scenario (and given it's transpiring before FA) the time factor is much of a guage of anything negative. If anything, it's positive for us in this scenario.

It means that Manning wants to get it done quickly, and we are in a need to get it done quickly. While all speculation, I feel it once again is another variable that matches our team.

Not to mention everyone knows if you want Peyton Manning, arguably the most coveted free agent since Reggie White, you are going to have to move beyond ones comfort zone approach wise.

I said 50-50 toss up. Yes History says hella lower than that. But this situation, singularly, not tied to anything in the past, I think we have a hell of a shot. Of course it either will happen or not. In the end it's 0 or 1.

Of course I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything. But his goals on that issue and the cardinals ability through Kolb's contract have a similar timeline. I just don't see how this isn't a positive for us...even if neutral, it sure and the hell isn't negative.

The way I figured it, if Manning felt he needed to take time, thus beyond Kolb's decision day, it's THEN I would figure timing wise was a negative. But right now, the timing aspect appears to match. That's neutral or positive imo.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wasn't Matt Flynn rumored to be going to Miami before the PM express started rolling. This might be a nice catch for the Cardinals if they deem Kolb a failed experiment. I do. I'd like to see Flynn and Skelton as our QBs if PM goes to Miami.

I think PM coming to the Cardinals will be somewhere in the 10-30% range.

Matt Flynn = Kevin Kolb. Flynn, if anything, is likely to sign a smaller contract than what Kolb was about to get out of us. Different package, same magic beans.

If we cut Kolb and miss out on Manning, I'd rather us sign Matt Schaub, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Chad Henne, or Charlie Whitehurst (in that order, probably) to come in and compete with Double Deuce. Either way, we're investing a 1st round pick in a quarterback in the 2013 draft.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Matt Flynn = Kevin Kolb. Flynn, if anything, is likely to sign a smaller contract than what Kolb was about to get out of us. Different package, same magic beans.

If we cut Kolb and miss out on Manning, I'd rather us sign Matt Schaub, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Chad Henne, or Charlie Whitehurst (in that order, probably) to come in and compete with Double Deuce. Either way, we're investing a 1st round pick in a quarterback in the 2013 draft.
if Schaub is available and we miss out on Manning, I'd love to sign him. I think he's got more upside than either guy starting here now

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson