Your Name

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Your Name

Release date: April 7, 2017
    Studio: Funimation
    Director: Makoto Shinkai
    MPAA Rating: PG
    Screenwriter: Makoto Shinkai
    Genre: Anime

Starring: Ryunosuke Kamiki, Mone Kamishiraishi, Masami Nagasawa, Etsuko Ichihara, Ryo Narita, Aoi Yūki, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Kaito Ishikawa, and Kanon Tani.

Plot Summary: The day the stars fell, two lives changed forever. High schoolers Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki's body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection and communicate by leaving notes, messages, and more importantly, an imprint. When a dazzling comet lights up the night's sky, something shifts, and they seek each other out wanting something more - a chance to finally meet.

[​IMG]

2. Bert

Bert Walkin' on Sunshine

Thank you for the thread BIM.

My friends, I encourage you all to go see this while it is out. It's currently playing in most of the Harkins around the valley.

Not only is it one of the best Animated films I've ever seen, I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favorite films I've ever seen. It was the most popular film of 2016 in Japan, and for good reason.

Take a date, they will LOVE IT. Both the english dubbed and subtitled versions of the movie are out. I highly reccomend the subtitled version, It's better, but I saw the dub as well and it's acceptable. If you like My Neighbor tortoro, Spirited away, Ponyo, go see this!

@thirty-two @Jersey Girl @Mainstreet @Brian in Mesa @DemsMyBoys @Linderbee I think all of you would really like this. Give it a shot if you have a chance. :)

Brian in Mesa and Mainstreet like this.
  3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I will give it a look. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbup:

Bert likes this.
  4. thirty-two

thirty-two boglehead Contributor

I never in a million years would have considered watching this but I will definitely make an effort to based on your recommendation alone, @Bert .

Bert likes this.
  5. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

Should have tagged dcr; he's the one learning Japanese. I'll try to check it out; we don't go to the theater often, but maybe I can convince him!

Bert likes this.
  6. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

Putting it on my list. Thanks for the heads up, Bert.

Bert likes this.
  7. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Neat story. I was unimpressed at the beginning, but it grew on me as the plot developed. Definitely a must watch if you like Japanese anime.