Your favorite rb in this draft class?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The next draft very likely will give us the rb of the future
I think this is a deep class and we can get a good player in round 3

My favorite one
Javonte Williams, can do all, fast enough and big, breaking tackles machine, reminds me Marswan Lynch

Then I like Kylin Hill in later rounds and intrigued by the Memphis running back Gainwell (can do some Alvin Kamara things)

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Outside of the top 2, I have been trying to find someone else I really like and can't find one. Don't think there is any really big 'beastmode' type backs in this drafts. I would beware of drafting any of the others before the later rounds. I would much rather sign Fournette than draft any in rounds 2-4.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't like Etienne. I think he is massively overrated.

The best RB is Najee Harris so you have to like him the best.

If your asking who I think might be a bargain I'd have to say Chuba Hubbard. He was considered a top 3 RB last year. He had a down year but it's a wierd season and he didn't suddenly forget how to play.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Outside of the top 2, I have been trying to find someone else I really like and can't find one. Don't think there is any really big 'beastmode' type backs in this drafts. I would beware of drafting any of the others before the later rounds. I would much rather sign Fournette than draft any in rounds 2-4.
If you look at the last few games, Trey Sermon could be that guy. He's an interesting prospect. I'm not sure where he'll be drafted.
He started out very slow but was coming off a knee injury, going to a new team, and learning a new system all basically without a camp. Once he got comfortable, he was unstoppable. Just a hot streak or good RB hitting his stride?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't like Etienne. I think he is massively overrated.

The best RB is Najee Harris so you have to like him the best.

If your asking who I think might be a bargain I'd have to say Chuba Hubbard. He was considered a top 3 RB last year. He had a down year but it's a wierd season and he didn't suddenly forget how to play.
Maybe 2019 was the outlier.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe 2019 was the outlier.

Maybe. Although he had nearly 1000 yards from scrimmage in just 146 plays in 2018 too at 6 per with 9 TD's.

Football Outsiders ranks OSU's run blocking as significantly worse last year than the previous two so probably that.

Happy to take that risk for a 3rd round pick though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the best but I'd love to get Jermar Jefferson 3rd or later. Has to get better out of the backfield but very good RB, one of those guys who always seems to get more than is blocked

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I like Fournette too however I don't think Kingsbury would make to best use of him nor do I think the Kingsbury has strong enough leadership to keep Fournette on the straight and narrow.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If you look at the last few games, Trey Sermon could be that guy. He's an interesting prospect. I'm not sure where he'll be drafted.

Yes, I would take a chance on Sermon in R3 if we don't go with one of the top 2 with our top pick. Really hard to guess when those 2 guys will go off the board. I have seen speculations of high R1 to high R2. I wouldn't be too surprised if either extreme happens, one or both being gone by 16 or both making it nearly to R2. Nice thing about them being taken before our pick is that it would mean 2 more top players have slid down to us.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Javonte Williams seems to fit the offense best. What made Drake successful in 2018 was being inordinately quick to the hole. Williams is quickest in this pool. He’s also has that forward lean which allows him to gain yardage after contact even when he doesn’t break the tackle. Of corse he’s great at breaking tackles too. He’s fast enough to get the corner while having enough power to be good between the tackles. Williams is competent as a receiver though not nearly as proficient as Harris.
Harris would be my second choice. He is a sure thing as an effective runner and receiver. He’s not as fast to the hole as Williams but he is fast & powerful.
Either of these backs would help the offense far more than Drake and cost a lot less at this slot.
That said this may be the most confusing draft in history. History would say don’t go early on a RB

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson