You wanna crown the Cardinals?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Arz101, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Fiasco

Fiasco Tyler Durden

My one year old cant run a 21k marathon. Sure, he’s learning to walk but what’s the point?

Krangthebrain and b8rtm8nn like this.
  2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Great analogy if the only difference between the last time he tried and now was that you bought him a pair of shoes and a guy who only knew how to tell him to hop on one leg.

3. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

Not much you can do in a season where 2 faces of your franchise in PP & DJ are possibly worst players on field

4. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

A Cardinals rookie QB is having one the best years which can be compared to Neil Lomax, Palmer and Warner best years. Yet this team is likely to finish 5-11. You guys know how awful the rest of the team must be playing to be 5-11?

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

5. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Look around the league. Kc has lost 4 of their last six. The Rams are 5-4 along with the Eagles and the Cowboys. The Bears who were a double doink away from the NFC championship are 4-5. The Falcons who many thought would compete this year are 2-7. These are all teams that were expected to be very very good teams.

I would venture to say their fans are none too happy about their respective teams based on expectations AND talent.

We are moving in the right direction.

6. JosiahLee

JosiahLee Registered

Bro I love your passion, but you gotta view the glass as half full every once in a while...Don’t get me wrong, to say I was pissed today is an understatement, but all things considered, positive things are happening and recognizing them will help your perspective. I’ll list a few:

1) Despite the ill-timed INT, KM continues to prove he was worthy of the #1 pick.

2) Sure DJ appears to be a bum and his contract is a hard pill to swallow...But it appears we have options now with Drake & Edmonds.

3) With KK at the helm this offense is light years ahead of where we were last year...For a coach in his first NFL season, I’ll take it.

4) PP is also playing like a bum...The bright side? I have a strong conviction Byron Murphy is going to become a great corner in this league.

5) Zane Gonzalez is having a heck of a year...And to think we were stuck with an over-the-hill Phil Dawson last year.

7. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I'm more excited about the Cardinals than I have been in many years.

8. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

Their future definitely looks bright with KK & K1.

9. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

I'm still not completely sold on KK but our future looks so much brighter today than it did midway through last season.

cardncubfan likes this.
  10. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

There are some bright spots and a couple of options, but still a ton of holes to fill that are going to take a while to fill. I worry that we are on a crash course to become a carbon copy of KK's TT teams.

11. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

Linear extrapolation of "feeling good" about next season when past 3 season failed and when current season is circling the drain is pretty amazing.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Solar7 likes this.
  12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I can agree with this. The reason BA’s first year was so encouraging is that we went out there and actually beat some of these teams. He cultivated a feeling that we could truly fight with anyone and come out with a win.

This year’s successes feel so much more empty, because we’re losing on account of bad coaching decisions and a major lack of talent, whereas back then it was like “if we can just build up some things here or here, we’ll be really good,” followed by a bad bounce of the ball or something.

The 49ers game is the most encouraging sign to me so far, but I’d love to see us either put our foot on the throat of a bad team, or upset someone good but actually come away with the W.

Hard to believe the season is only 6 games longer.

13. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Let’s make this simple. Last year, we were unwatchable on BOTH sides of the ball. This year, we’re unwatchable on defense. Definitely an improvement overall.

FB94 and Morty like this.
  14. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Fair if you see it that way, but people are allowed to have different thoughts on how they see it.

It's simple to you, but for me, like Arz101 said, I see a team in the 4th year of a losing effort, and a team still incapable of acquiring young talent. There's a realistic chance that we end up with nothing but an a tie to add to last year's record, and this league is measured in wins, not moral victories.

And at the end of the day, I'd rather lose by a mile than an inch. It's way more demoralizing to not be able to get over the hump every single week than to not have a chance. If we lose bad, I can let it go instead of brooding over it all week.

And the issue is, we have as much going out in talent as we'll be able to bring in next year. Gotta replace/pay two OTs, probably a center, replace Fitz, replace Suggs, determine if PP21 is part of our long term plans or needs to be moved, Rodney Gunter/DE...

And that's just the guys likely to leave, not who we'd like to upgrade if we could. That's a lot!

Very concerning.

15. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Let me ease your concerns then sir.

At Texas Tech, KK had a huge, built in recruiting disadvantage.

The NFL, however, is of course excellent at creating parity. We have just as much chance to build a great defense as does SEA, or SF, or NO, etc.

I'm confident that Stevie Keim is going to make a concerted effort to rebuild the defense in the coming off-season. The question is, how successful will he be in this endeavor?

With so much cap space, and pretty decent draft position, I like his chances.

cardncubfan likes this.