You know, Rosen is mobile

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Some people here are acting like he is some kind of statue in the pocket. Josh's first love was tennis and rather good at it which in itself says he is very mobile within the pocket with great lateral movement. Heck, he had one of the longest runs by a Cardinal last season though in retrospective of the team does not say much. The point is Murray is dynamic when he chooses to run but do not use that as a yard stick to discredit Rosen

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people here are acting like he is some kind of statue in the pocket. Josh's first love was tennis and rather good at it which in itself says he is very mobile within the pocket with great lateral movement. Heck, he had one of the longest runs by a Cardinal last season though in retrospective of the team does not say much. The point is Murray is dynamic when he chooses to run but do not use that as a yard stick to discredit Rosen
Unfortunately jetstream I think he is as good as gone. I think the cards need to start leaking out they are NOT taking Murray and see how much the phone rings.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Cardinals have even tried to get a pulse for what the fans (especially the season ticket holders) would want or if they even care. Most people we talk with want Josh to be the QBOTF and can't wait to see how he progresses in year two with a real coach and better players around him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Steve Bono.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Most people we talk with want Josh to be the QBOTF and can't wait to see how he progresses in year two with a real coach and better players around him.[/QUOTE]

What better players are gonna be around Josh? Who have we picked up that’s going to make him better? He struggled in part because he’s just an average QB talent wise! If we stay with him we will just see more of the same. Yes eventually he will improve but I don’t see a top tier QB.
I personally would like to see Murray come in and see how KK can develop him instead of Rosen. My monies on Murray!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brady took 18 NFL seasons to break the 1000 yard rushing mark.

Peyton Manning has 667 yards in 18 seasons.

There are two types of QBs. One who can read pre snap defense and others who cannot.

The first is far more important to be a great QB than any other attribute.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

He may be mobile in comparison to guys like Bradford or Glennon, but he's not on the same level as Murray in terms of mobility.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
He may be mobile in comparison to guys like Bradford or Glennon, but he's not on the same level as Murray in terms of mobility.

Hence, "The point is Murray is dynamic when he chooses to run but do not use that as a yard stick to discredit Rosen" :)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrgggghhhh. Successful QBs with long careers have the ability to survive in and use the pocket. QBs who bail the pocket are not. They #1 do not last long and #2 get caught up to very quickly. Shortcut to a short career. I see picks, sacks and injuries.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

That run still makes me LAUGH! You just have to imagine the Benny Hill theme in the background to make it comedy.

:biglaugh:

You must be registered for see images

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Brady took 18 NFL seasons to break the 1000 yard rushing mark.

Peyton Manning has 667 yards in 18 seasons.

There are two types of QBs. One who can read pre snap defense and others who cannot.

The first is far more important to be a great QB than any other attribute.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Sure is my question and really no one has answered yet can Murray actually see much from under center dont think he had to do to much of that at OU

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most people we talk with want Josh to be the QBOTF and can't wait to see how he progresses in year two with a real coach and better players around him.

What better players are gonna be around Josh? Who have we picked up that’s going to make him better? He struggled in part because he’s just an average QB talent wise! If we stay with him we will just see more of the same. Yes eventually he will improve but I don’t see a top tier QB.
I personally would like to see Murray come in and see how KK can develop him instead of Rosen. My monies on Murray![/QUOTE]
One would think KK’s offense and play calling would help Rosen. This team wasted Rosen’s entire rookie season except to find he is not a fragile qb.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arrgggghhhh. Successful QBs with long careers have the ability to survive in and use the pocket. QBs who bail the pocket are not. They #1 do not last long and #2 get caught up to very quickly. Shortcut to a short career. I see picks, sacks and injuries.

I was going to agree but then some names jumped into my head. Favre, Elway and Steve young did alright.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Josh had some rushing stats in 2 games he is not a mobile QB, can he escape yes. Is he looking to create NO.

Murray avgs 7.3 yards a QB rushing attenpa

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
That run still makes me LAUGH! You just have to imagine the Benny Hill theme in the background to make it comedy.

:biglaugh:

You must be registered for see images

I do agree, but I think that is proof that Rosen can run on par of what is traditionally expected of the position lol

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rosen isn't a statue, but I wouldn't call him mobile. While it might be a small sample fluke or the playing surface, when he did escape last year, he looked like he was uncoordinated and about to fall down six ways from Sunday.

Edit: Yeah, that gif above is an example of what I'm talking about. That wasn't the only run where he was off balanced.

Clearly he has some decent speed, but I don't know if he can use it that well, and if he's off balanced like that and takes a big hit, it increases his chances of getting injured/turnover.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson