You Guys have Saved My Life

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Last week I believe I was 1 minute away from closing my eyes for the last time. Today they're telling me that I get to actually go home after being in ICU and a private hospital room for a week now. If it wasn't for you all, the posts, this site, and all our interest during this Active Cardinal week, I would have not had anything to keep me going. Thanks for the amusing and interesting dialogues.

My life won't be the same having to always be connected to oxygen, but at least I will get to be out of bed, enjoy my home, my dog Molly, and the Cardinal exploits for 2023.

So thanks to all, especially those who manage the site, and to us fans who continue to make it worthwhile. You never know what such a simple thing can mean to somebody at the right time.

And feel free to move or delete this thread if it is out of place.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wow glad to hear you're doing better. This board is unique, even tho we disagree or argue over things there is a comradery here that allows all of us to get away from "real life" for awhile and escape to the kingdom of Cardinal land where things seen to ever go right lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah! I hear you. Mine is probably not as dramatic, but I have had two angiograms, 1 stent, two ER visits, and more medical stuff pending. Since last March my world has turned upside down. Like you, I thought I was done for. Just hanging in there like you! Do what you can to improve your situation as much as you can do. Hopefully, we can all endure ANOTHER Cards season once again!

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are doing better. I know how hard it can be having to stay in a hospital. I think we all have a lot to look forward to over next few month and I look forward to reading your comments!!!:cheers:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keep on keeping on, @SissyBoyFloyd !!

Ever need anything beyond the board feel free to reach out to one of us.

ASFN is family.

:newcards:
This. No matter how much we fight and may dislike each other at the end of the day ASFN is family.

STOKED to hear of your recovery! Give Molly a good scratch behind the ears!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrilled to hear you're heading back home and on the mend! You contribute a unique perspective to the board and that is exactly what makes this place great.