You do not win the Super Bowl unless

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Your front office has at least one stellar draft class. We got to the 2008 Super Bowl because of the 2004 draft class. Why can't Michael Bidwill see this with Keim. Would seem a guy would get frustrated after a while going to the used car lot after his buddy cannot get a proper new car for him without an extended test drive resulting in a lack of a sufficient warranty for extend use... especially when one is buying high priced exotics

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
It’s going to take me a bit more time to understand your analogy/how it applies here, but I do like your first sentence.

This organization has kept 3 dudes passed their rookie deals that started for us, the rest have been role players at best. I went back the previous 8 years.

Not many teams have drafts like the one we did in 2004, but I don’t think it should take anyone 20 years to draft (no more) 8 solid starters we keep into 2nd contract like we have. Its pretty pathetic.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It’s going to take me a bit more time to understand your analogy/how it applies here, but I do like your first sentence.

This organization has kept 3 dudes passed their rookie deals that started for us, the rest have been role players at best. I went back the previous 8 years.

Not many teams have drafts like the one we did in 2004, but I don’t think it should take anyone 20 years to draft (no more) 8 solid starters we keep into 2nd contract like we have. Its pretty pathetic.
That used car lot is free agency :)

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are correct....or you are able to get players in rounds 3-7 and trade high picks for players like the Rams do.

IMO a good GM should have 2 guys out of every draft class that earn a 2nd contract. Keim is not a good GM when it comes to the draft

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always gave Keim the benefit of the doubt when it came to his earlier years when BA was too involved in drafts & was trying to hit home run even when home runs weren’t there to hit. If you look at the last few years, I think Keim‘s drafts are not as awful as it would appear:
Kirk still there
Edmonds still there

Murray
Murphy
Isabella (still there but…..)
Allen
D Thompson
Miles
Dogbe

Simmons
Jones
Fotu
Lawrence
Benjamin

Collins
Moore
Wilson
Dimukeje
Wiggins
Gowans (traded to help get Ertz)

Bottom line, still quite a few contributing players from these drafts. Keim’s biggest mistake last year was to think this team could overcome the loss of Hopkins. Should have gone after someone like OBJ. The Rams did & they hoisted the Lombardi Trophy.