Yes or No: Are you happy with this team's direction?

Are you happy with this team's direction?

• Total voters

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Being a bit better than historically bad is not a reason for optimism from me.
A bit better? We are significantly better on offense than last year. It's not even close. It's still not good enough, but considering the improvement to this point is largely due to coaching I would say it is reason for optimism. Especially when you consider the lack of talent that we currently have. With above average talent this offense would probably take a big jump from where it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit better? We are significantly better on offense than last year. It's not even close. It's still not good enough, but considering the improvement to this point is largely due to coaching I would say it is reason for optimism. Especially when you consider the lack of talent that we currently have. With above average talent this offense would probably take a big jump from where it is.

That's the hope anyway. Coaching may explain why we are so poor in the red zone, but that is anecdotal at best. I remember a year when we were amazing in the red zone under Arians, and another year where we were dreadful.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Shouldn't really be that surprised that the board is split.
Well if whoever is in charge ever gets their poo together and actually comes up with a plan and fixes this team from the foundation up then we can disagree about other less important things.:koolaid::talk:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if whoever is in charge ever gets their **** together and actually comes up with a plan and fixes this team from the foundation up then we can disagree about other less important things.:koolaid::talk:

Nah, we are Cards fans. The sky will always be falling because it usually is and we don't really know any other way.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, we are Cards fans. The sky will always be falling because it usually is and we don't really know any other way.

After rooting for this team for 50 plus years nothing really surprises me anymore.Still shaking my head over drafting John Lee or Steve Little years ago.I remember Andre Wadsworth and thought the Cards are going to get a Pro-Bowl or better DE and he will star for years.Damn Knee injuries destroyed his career.Cardinal luck.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After rooting for this team for 50 plus years nothing really surprises me anymore.Still shaking my head over drafting John Lee or Steve Little years ago.I remember Andre Wadsworth and thought the Cards are going to get a Pro-Bowl or better DE and he will star for years.Damn Knee injuries destroyed his career.Cardinal luck.
In a previous post, I said I wanted Keim gone after signing Bradford. In all reality, it probably was when we passed on Adrian Peterson for Levi Brown.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
In a previous post, I said I wanted Keim gone after signing Bradford. In all reality, it probably was when we passed on Adrian Peterson for Levi Brown.
I wouldn`t be surprised if SK is shown the door if this team looks bad the last 4 games.Surely MB had to be expecting more than this.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn`t be surprised if SK is shown the door if this team looks bad the last 4 games.Surely MB had to be expecting more than this.

If losing out means losing Keim. I want us to tank so hard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. There’s not one thing I trust about this team.

after the last game, I'm sadly here. losing 5 games in a row after beating the Sisters Of The Poor with a big fat dump taken on the field in the 5th loss in a row dampens the spirit a bit.

and ultimately, I don't think this team is going anywhere as long as the fat, drunk POS is still able to hire coordinators who suck and throw away first pick after first pick because they suck as well.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If losing out means losing Keim. I want us to tank so hard.

You know what will happen don`t you? Cards will beat the crap out of somebody and win a game or two and MB will be convinced things are trending up.Remember Kent Graham(I think) TD pass to beat the Vikings that cost the Cards a early round one draft pick.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We have the same number of wins as the Dolphins, so no I'm not saying we are moving in the right direction, I would say we are not moving in any direction at all given we have the same amount of wins as this time last year. One step forward, one step back.

Our offense last year was only marginally worse than 2017 (18 vs 14 PPG) and we had a below avg D in 2017 also, but still managed 8-8.

On a larger time scale we have been trending down for 4 seasons, spanning BA, Wilks and KK. I'm ready for Keim to get replaced. There is no reason you go from a 13 win to a 3 win team in just 3 seasons without mismanagement by doing bad picks, bad deals, bad culture, etc.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There needs to be a neutral choice.

The offense HAS gotten better and I like the direction, but as long as the same personnel guy is in charge, I'm not that hopeful for the overall direction.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There needs to be a neutral choice.

The offense HAS gotten better and I like the direction, but as long as the same personnel guy is in charge, I'm not that hopeful for the overall direction.
The entire point of the thread was NOT to have a neutral choice. I really wanted people to stand their ground without a "b-b-but we've improved here" kind of thing.

I also have intentionally stayed out of most of the arguing. Just wanted to see where the board was as a whole, none of this "wait and see, hope and pray" stuff.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The entire point of the thread was NOT to have a neutral choice. I really wanted people to stand their ground without a "b-b-but we've improved here" kind of thing.

I also have intentionally stayed out of most of the arguing. Just wanted to see where the board was as a whole, none of this "wait and see, hope and pray" stuff.
Because the world doesn't ever operate in areas of grey? Also if you "wanted to see where the board was" you could easily assume that some people will see positives and negatives in the direction of the team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You wanted to see?

You see how people feel about the direction of the team on other topics that share similar thoughts to this topic everyday.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Because the world doesn't ever operate in areas of grey? Also if you "wanted to see where the board was" you could easily assume that some people will see positives and negatives in the direction of the team.
Of course it operates in shades of grey. However, the same discussion we've had week to week is basically awful shades where we just bitch back and forth at each other about the small things.

You wanted to see?

You see how people feel about the direction of the team on other topics that share similar thoughts to this topic everyday.
I have personally learned a lesson from posting this thread, as I really thought the overwhelming answer was going to be "no." I'm really amazed there's enough people here that think that going 3-8-1 is just fine, and think this team is on the upswing with a GM and DC that are being run out of town.

To be honest, I thought I was arguing week to week with a bunch of eternal optimists that were just on the really extreme side of the spectrum, or were just huge Kyler Murray fans, whatever it may be. I mean, it's still a 50/50 divide, but I really don't understand how people can still think things are wonderful right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Of course it operates in shades of grey. However, the same discussion we've had week to week is basically awful shades where we just bitch back and forth at each other about the small things.

I have personally learned a lesson from posting this thread, as I really thought the overwhelming answer was going to be "no." I'm really amazed there's enough people here that think that going 3-8-1 is just fine, and think this team is on the upswing with a GM and DC that are being run out of town.

To be honest, I thought I was arguing week to week with a bunch of eternal optimists that were just on the really extreme side of the spectrum, or were just huge Kyler Murray fans, whatever it may be. I mean, it's still a 50/50 divide, but I really don't understand how people can still think things are wonderful right now.

No one thinks its rosy. Nice strawman.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like I said, this isnt a binary thing.

Could the Cardinals draft an impact WR in round one, get some improvements from young existing players, sign some good free agents, and be good next year? Yes.

Is there reason for optimism? Yes.

Is there reason for pessimism? Yes.

If Keim is still the GM in April, I wont be happy.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like I said, this isnt a binary thing.

Could the Cardinals draft an impact WR in round one, get some improvements from young existing players, sign some good free agents, and be good next year? Yes.

Is there reason for optimism? Yes.

Is there reason for pessimism? Yes.

If Keim is still the GM in April, I wont be happy.
Yeah, I don't want to sound unrelentingly pessimistic, I'm just still in the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" phase of things. Sure there's a chance of all of these things, but this year with the exception of better play from Kyler Murray, has gone exactly how I anticipated.

Very worried about finding a competent GM who will want to take this over, or a DC who will want to join a coach who could be on the outs in as soon as a year depending on the GM/Coach relationship.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We dumped assets into a top ten QB, sold him for nothing, and now have the number one overall pick running for his life.

Invest in the line, invest in building this team like a real football team, instead of looking for wild flash and stats that don't turn into wins.

A re work:

"We dumped assets into a top ten PICK of a QB, who never showed the proclivity to play like one, surroundings be damned, sold him for what he was worth, and now have a number one pick who needs additional help, which was to be expected."

"Now that youve admitted your mistake and taken an outside of the box, swing for the fences prospect, knowing it might or might not work out, keep on going, move on from the short term disaster that is changing coaches AND QBs in consecutive years, invest in the line, invest in building this team starting with players that will keep your prospects head attached to his shoulders. And do it with a new FO."

Same thing, but just not sounding so immflamatory, while also not sounding so fan-boyish either. Was that so hard?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe try operating in these shades of grey. It doesn't have to be, yes or no. I'm not sure there is anybody really happy with us going 3-8-1. The question was asking about the direction of the team, and I feel pretty good that this team will be better than this as early as next year. Even with a historically bad defense and a terrible GM.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Keim is gone, I will feel better about our future, even if it's Quinten Harris at GM, of whom I know nothing.