Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Man

Release Date: December 19, 2008
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Peyton Reed
Screenwriter: Nicholas Stoller, Jarrad Paul, Andrew Mogel
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for crude sexual humor, language and brief nudity)

Starring: Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, Rhys Darby, John Michael Higgins, Danny Masterson, Terence Stamp

Plot Summary: Jim Carrey stars as Carl Allen, a guy whose life is going nowhere—the operative word being "no"—until he signs up for a self-help program based on one simple covenant: say yes to everything...and anything. Unleashing the power of "YES" begins to transform Carl's life in amazing and unexpected ways, getting him promoted at work and opening the door to a new romance. But his willingness to embrace every opportunity might just become too much of a good thing.

You must be registered for see images

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am going to see this tonight on a date with my wife before the inlaws invade (and I mean that in the truest sense of the word) for the next week. Not sure what to expect - something along the lines of Liar, Liar - some laugh out loud moments, terrible to no plot, and some crude humor. Hey, can't be worse than "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and I try stay away from Will Smith "emotional" movies (Seven Pounds). Still haven't seen Pursuit of Happyness.

I wanted to see Slumdog Millionaire, but will wait to catch it on DVD most likely.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I gotta say that I liked this movie. It was predictable, sure, but quite fun none-the-less. And Zooey Deschanel, while not "hot", is cute and plays her character well. There is a particularly "adult" scene in the movie, so be careful with kids (in my opinion). Laugh out loud funny in many spots and the movie really kept moving. I was pleasantly surprised. Terrence Stamp was great as well.

I was also surprised that Watchmen will be rated R. They had a good trailer though.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Carrey movies and this one was really enjoyable. It was even better considering we saw it after Mall Cop at the drive-in.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this one; I love Jim Carrey.

Funny movie and a heck of a cast. Absolutely loved the Ducati scene. It took me down a rabbit hole and I ended up watching this awesome Journey video from 1983 (Separate Ways). You can't get more 80s than this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose