Yellowstone

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not hardly. Less violent but with a good story could be just as compelling. Less violent but with a crappy story is just, well, crappy.
Yep. And tonight was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Beth is still a bee-yatch who dresses like a hooker even when on a cattle drive, and even though they've tried very hard to humanize her, the writers still think her super-B act is cute. They have no idea how business and government actually work and the......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
This show is far more boring than what I just wrote....
The show has become a cartoon.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not hardly. Less violent but with a good story could be just as compelling. Less violent but with a crappy story is just, well, crappy.

Some of the critiques here involve a drop off in the violence. As far as story, no offense but I will take that with a grain a salt since you seem to love the stories of the crappy comic book based movies that I don't care for personally.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Some of the critiques here involve a drop off in the violence. As far as story, no offense but I will take that with a grain a salt since you seem to love the stories of the crappy comic book based movies that I don't care for personally.
Not liking my tastes won't be any skin off my back. I'm by far not the only one on this thread deriding the story in what has turned from a great show to an unwatchable one in almost record time.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my issues are crappy, boring, gonzo plots, and the continuing fueling of the ape crap character Beth.

Honestly, I thought there was too much violence previously....

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I came to the show late. I binge watched it earlier this year and have been watching the new season live. I think the show has pretty much stayed the same throughout for me, they've just gone on a lot of different storylines with different villains who all have the same motive in mind of intruding on the Dutton Ranch. Yes it is over the top and is basically a western soap opera, but that's what draws in viewers and I think they just had their biggest audience this year no? the show certainly has gotten very mainstream now with the way they are advertising music and other merchandise.

and for Beth yes some of her scenes have gotten too predictable, but I don't mind her character overall. I really don't like her character as it relates to Jamie, but I don't really like Jamie's character either (after the first season) so that to me is kind of a push. hopefully in the end they both get what they deserve because they both suck for what they've done to people. I think the way they are trying to present Jamie now is a little better if he's actually going to stand up to Beth and John.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mid-season finale.... 100 minutes of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 9 minutes of interesting but obvious stuff at the end, and three minutes of Beth "John Wick" Dutton in action while dressed as a prostitute. (At least she wasn't drunk). As usual, they f another thing up, claiming that there is a county in either Montana or Wyoming that has zero population. Not true.

Show picks up again in the summer. Oh, goody. I wish there was a way I could talk my bride out of watching it......

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Mid-season finale.... 100 minutes of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 9 minutes of interesting but obvious stuff at the end, and three minutes of Beth "John Wick" Dutton in action while dressed as a prostitute. (At least she wasn't drunk). As usual, they f another thing up, claiming that there is a county in either Montana or Wyoming that has zero population. Not true.

Show picks up again in the summer. Oh, goody. I wish there was a way I could talk my bride out of watching it......
Dude, this is the perfect situation. Now she has a show that is hers, and you get an hour to go do something else :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the mid-season finale really start with 15 minutes of freaking Jimmy?!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Did the mid-season finale really start with 15 minutes of freaking Jimmy?!

Yes, and for no reason at all. Didn’t have anything to do with anything. I think they just wanted to remind us of his existence.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and for no reason at all. Didn’t have anything to do with anything. I think they just wanted to remind us of his existence.
I fast forwarded after a minute and was just sitting there, mouth agog at how long I had to fast forward through that opening.

JerkFace

Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
just started this a couple days ago.
not a single redeeming character... I mean, the show is okay. But **** the duttons and all the stereotypes trying to bring them down.
there was a stallion...season 1 I think... best character so far.

JerkFace

Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose