Yellowstone

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Ah, hell. So THAT'S the reason for the lengthy and boring Jimmy side quest. I mean, I liked Jimmy as a character, and having him as a story line connected to the ranch was fine, but making him an independent character detached from everything just dragging, for no seeming reason. Now we know the reason had nothing to do with the show--they just absolutely burned tons of screen time to set up a new spinoff.

Man, this news and the poor season 4 have me questioning Yellowstone as a series going forward.
Yeah, my wife and I talked about that at the time. Looks like they are looking for another spinoff. I guess there are only so many original ideas.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife and I talked about that at the time. Looks like they are looking for another spinoff. I guess there are only so many original ideas.
I don't mind them doing spinoffs. I DO mind wasting tons of space in a season of the main show SOLELY to launch a spinoff. Jimmy could've been written off SO much easier than what they did even to setup another show.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Obviously Yellowstone being renewed is a no brained but there is an interesting tidbit at the end of the article. Apparently Kathryn Kelly, who played Emily, Jimmy’s new love interest, has been promoted to a season regular. With plans for a 6666 series spinoff I kind of thought season 4 was phasing Jimmy (and Emily) out of the show, but apparently not.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Obviously Yellowstone being renewed is a no brained but there is an interesting tidbit at the end of the article. Apparently Kathryn Kelly, who played Emily, Jimmy’s new love interest, has been promoted to a season regular. With plans for a 6666 series spinoff I kind of thought season 4 was phasing Jimmy (and Emily) out of the show, but apparently not.

Looks like they are speeding up the plotline for Jimmy to take over control of the ranch.

Stout

Reaction score

:rolleyes:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what I’m missing here I thought if you subscribe to Paramount plus you could watch Yellowstone season five? I’ve watched all the others on Paramount… Now I’m in my prime account and it’s asking me to pay per episode? Even though I am a paramount plus subscriber?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what I’m missing here I thought if you subscribe to Paramount plus you could watch Yellowstone season five? I’ve watched all the others on Paramount… Now I’m in my prime account and it’s asking me to pay per episode? Even though I am a paramount plus subscriber?
Wouldn't you watch it using Paramount+ and not Amazon Prime? :shrug:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you watch it using Paramount+ and not Amazon Prime? :shrug:
I’m in my Paramount plus subscription inside of Amazon prime that’s where I get my subscription through

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in my Paramount plus subscription inside of Amazon prime that’s where I get my subscription through
Weird. I access Netflix, Prime, and Paramount+, but each one separately.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird. I access Netflix, Prime, and Paramount+, but each one separately.

Yeah my TV is a little bit older the only apps I have available are Disney, Netflix, Hulu, and prime.. So I pay my 999 a month to add paramount channel through my prime account as well as my Epix account and Starr’s account go through prime

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I don’t understand why it’s not letting me watch freaking Yellowstone I’m getting pissed lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my TV is a little bit older the only apps I have available are Disney, Netflix, Hulu, and prime.. So I pay my 999 a month to add paramount channel through my prime account as well as my Epix account and Starr’s account go through prime
Our Samsung TV is really old (only 2 HDMI ports, for example) but we use an Amazon Fire Stick and are able to navigate and download multiple apps, etc.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a mess.

How to Watch Yellowstone: Why Paramount's Big Show Isn't on Paramount Plus​

How to stream Yellowstone​

If you're trying to hunt down Yellowstone to stream, the main distinction to know is that Paramount Plus is different than Paramount Network. While Paramount Plus is a subscription streaming service, Paramount Network is a traditional cable channel available to people who pay for it through a live-TV provider. Paramount Network is where Yellowstone's new fifth season will run first.

The second distinction to know is that Peacock is the only subscription streaming service with Yellowstone episodes.

On Paramount Plus, you can't stream Yellowstone -- old episodes or new ones -- at all.

Paramount Network for season 5 (and catchup on season 4)​

If you want to watch any new, fifth-season episodes of Yellowstone, you'll need to turn to Paramount Network's channel, its website at paramountnetwork.com or its Paramount Network app. The fourth season of Yellowstone is available through Paramount Network's app too, but it doesn't have season one through three.

Important note about timing: Yellowstone runs on the Paramount Network at 8 p.m. ET/PT and 7 p.m. CT Sundays, but to stream them, all new Yellowstone episodes are available on the site and app the day after they're televised. That means Sunday's premiere will become available to stream starting Monday.

Luckily, Paramount Network is making the premiere episode simple to stream: It will be available to stream outside the paywall on the network's website and the Paramount Network app, so anybody in the US can watch it at paramountnetwork.com or in app. Even if you're not paying for a traditional TV service with Paramount Network, you can still watch the first episode of the season.

If the company follows its practice from last year, the first episode of season five will be the only one available free.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully this damn show gets back on track. Last season was horrible.

I hate the way they turned Beth into a Bond villain. Do you really need to make these long drawn out dramatic speeches every damn time.

Stout

Reaction score
Hopefully this damn show gets back on track. Last season was horrible.

I hate the way they turned Beth into a Bond villain. Do you really need to make these long drawn out dramatic speeches every damn time.
Yeah, last night didn't light the world on fire getting the show back on track either. I enjoyed it, but it lacked narrative oomph.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolute pure trash. I’m out

First two times Beth is on screen she’s crying

I’m so damn tired of this Beth/Jamie thing. How many times is Beth gonna tell Jaime she’s gonna ruin him and destroy his life. JUST F’ing DO IT. Oh she can’t cause she needs him. Well then grow up and find a way to get along. I’m so tired of these stupid speeches.

The hole thing was another trigger. When the Canadian cop says hey we got laws we follow on this side and Kaycee made his comment about “sheep”

However I started watching Tulsa King seems like a fun show

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I’m so damn tired of this Beth/Jamie thing. How many times is Beth gonna tell Jaime she’s gonna ruin him and destroy his life. JUST F’ing DO IT. Oh she can’t cause she needs him. Well then grow up and find a way to get along. I’m so tired of these stupid speeches.

The hole thing was another trigger. When the Canadian cop says hey we got laws we follow on this side and Kaycee made his comment about “sheep”

Jaime gotta prosper soon cause he can’t get cucked for 4 straight seasons. I’m getting kinda tired of Beth but I’d rather see her cook then watch Kayce’s home life arc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I don’t understand why it’s not letting me watch freaking Yellowstone I’m getting pissed lol
Oddly enough, Paramount (the studio) doesn’t own the show. I believe Universal was the studio who came on board first and then sold the show to Paramount Network. So Paramount Plus doesn’t have the rights to stream it. Peacock does.

You either have to watch it on the Paramount Network or wait for it to stream on Peacock.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tulsa King pilot was a lot different than I expected. Had more Get Shorty vibes to it versus a hard core crime drama. And I think that was a good move. It’s the kind of tone that will play to Sly’s strengths.

Yellowstone seemed like it blew its wad at the end of Season 3 and has never recovered.

I mean, I watched 90 minutes of the 2.5 hour premiere last night and not one person got impaled on something or taken to the “train station”! And they have totally neutered Beth and Rip. Only good thing there is it appears as if the writers took their surrogate son introduced last season and dropped his character off at the “train station”, never to return. That storyline was… not good.

Also, does anyone really want to watch John Dutton play House Of Cards for four seasons? I hope they wrap this Governor story up sooner than later and get back to the killing and maiming humans with reckless abandon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do get a kick out of Jaime face’s in all of his scenes. Looks like Dr. Jellyfinger’s got his whole fist up there whenever’s he’s on screen.