Yellowstone

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not enough people getting dead or impaled this season.

I have been watching the seasons out of order, so its hard for me to keep track of the body count, but I think you are right that there is less of a blood bath right now. Maybe they are working up to a massacre in the season finale, who knows. Something like that has to happen for Jimmy to return and take over the helm of the Dutton Ranch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is where they sent Jimmy in case anyone was wondering. It’s legendary in that world and a very real place.

Although kinda growing up in this culture (my dad more than me) I can tell you guys from Arizona HATE guys from Texas. Well everybody kind of hates guys from Texas.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is where they sent Jimmy in case anyone was wondering. It’s legendary in that world and a very real place.

Although kinda growing up in this culture (my dad more than me) I can tell you guys from Arizona HATE guys from Texas. Well everybody kind of hates guys from Texas.

Thanks for posting.

Jimmy, if you can make it on the 6666, you can make it anywhere....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna just go ahead and say it.

This season sucks.

And it started from scratch in the first episode when there was literally no consequence at all from blowing up Beth and shooting Costner eleventy billion times at close range.

That was terribly lazy schmuckbait to end last season and this season has been a slog through the mud.

the entire Jimmy story? WTF cares?! I mean... there was just an Act Out on Jimmy jerking off a horse.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This season sucks.

And it started from scratch in the first episode when there was literally no consequence at all from blowing up Beth and shooting Costner eleventy billion times at close range.

That was terribly lazy schmuckbait to end last season and this season has been a slog through the mud.

the entire Jimmy story? WTF cares?! I mean... there was just an Act Out on Jimmy jerking off a horse.

That was not one of Jimmy's finer moments.

Ya, its been a bit less explosive. But I see them building up some interesting storylines, including Dutton's political ambitions, probably colliding at some point with Jaime's real dad's desire to kill him, Beth infiltrating and trying to take down the massive development plan and, my favorite, the building up of Jimmy for his ultimate take over of the ranch in season 8.

Only a few episodes left, I don't see them topping last season's finale.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

This season sucks.

Last season was very similar to this one. Not a whole lot of fireworks until the end. I don’t mind the slower burn. The over the top stuff can be fun, but if they filled every episode with it then it would get stupid silly fast.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Things I hope happen soon:

Jamie kills his dad and sister and sells the ranch

Casey leaves his annoying wife for the other broad

They cancel the 1883 thing and make a spin off of RIP’s adolescent years

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season was very similar to this one. Not a whole lot of fireworks until the end. I don’t mind the slower burn. The over the top stuff can be fun, but if they filled every episode with it then it would get stupid silly fast.
That’s what it was in Season 1 and 2 and why it was so much better than season 3 and 4, IMO.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, season 1 and 2 were awesome… I just think that a certain level of “step back” was needed to keep the show from blowing itself out. Either they would have to continuously keep bringing in new people to kill off thus lessening the effect of the deaths since the viewer doesn’t really care that much about them (aka Walking Dead), or you lose the threat of someone dying when everyone always makes it out of highly deadly situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, season 1 and 2 were awesome… I just think that a certain level of “step back” was needed to keep the show from blowing itself out. Either they would have to continuously keep bringing in new people to kill off thus lessening the effect of the deaths since the viewer doesn’t really care that much about them (aka Walking Dead), or you lose the threat of someone dying when everyone always makes it out of highly deadly situation.
Well, that ship sailed after Beth survived getting blown up and Dutton getting riddled by machine gun blasts all over his body.

For me, the show the first two seasons wasn’t great because of the mortal danger the Duttons were always in... because they never were. It was great because there was so much ludicrous violence with everyone else. The show trying to take itself seriously after setting that tone has just bored me to tears.

Get back to indiscriminate killing sprees and guys getting impaled on hitching posts!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Yellowstone once. For some reason it seldom works in my schedule.

Only one question, did Kevin Costner become governor?

I won't mention what Jimmy was doing on the episode I watched. :wink2:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Jimmy stuff is getting soooooo long and boring. This guy gets hot chicks for no reason and is only now, many moons after season 1, becoming baseline competent. I used to like his story line when it didn't gobble up giant chunks of EVERY episode, but now...meh.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This season sucks.

Me and my wife we’re just talking about how bad this season is. She said she thinks she’s done with it.

2 episodes left and absolutely nothing has been resolved. They should have delt with the shooting and all that in the first three episodes of this season but they haven’t even really addressed it.

Now Costner is running for Governor and you’ve introduced this huge new story line without finishing the old stuff so now your going to cram a bunch of crap in the last two shows and leave a big cliff hanger.

I don’t mind Jimmy but the girls in the bunk house need to go. They bring nothing

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is starting to feel like one of the doom and gloom threads in the Cardinals forum, LOL. Am I lost here?

Still enjoying the show myself. I don't mind the slower pace.

Beth's secret alliance with the activists is pretty cool. Common ground between ranchers and environmentalists.

I think the Jimmy stuff on the 6666 ranch may be laying the ground work for more story lines, or the spin off, but also is just trying to highlight cowboy "work" and culture for the large following that this show has gathered that is into that. The scene with old cowboy Buster Welch when Jimmy got to the ranch is one example. But I agree, they need to get these scenes going somewhere in some kind of direction, Jimmy is just languishing down there like he's on some dude ranch vacation.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I didn’t dislike this season, although, it was clearly the weakest of the 4. My main problem is that there was so much meat on the bone coming off last seasons finale it is confusing why they just quickly brushed it under the rug. It would of been one thing if they moved on to something meatier, but instead they just moved on to not much of anything.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So disappointing after last season just a bunch of stuff I didn’t care about while taking care of nothing I did care about

And enough with Beth and her damn over the top Bond villain speeches. She’s just a flat out cartoon now

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t dislike this season, although, it was clearly the weakest of the 4. My main problem is that there was so much meat on the bone coming off last seasons finale it is confusing why they just quickly brushed it under the rug. It would of been one thing if they moved on to something meatier, but instead they just moved on to not much of anything.
Yeah. That just seemed like a season of filler.

I mean... they set up a Governor’s run as a big John v. Jaime storyline and dumped it just as fast as they brought it up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ah, hell. So THAT'S the reason for the lengthy and boring Jimmy side quest. I mean, I liked Jimmy as a character, and having him as a story line connected to the ranch was fine, but making him an independent character detached from everything just dragging, for no seeming reason. Now we know the reason had nothing to do with the show--they just absolutely burned tons of screen time to set up a new spinoff.

Man, this news and the poor season 4 have me questioning Yellowstone as a series going forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, hell. So THAT'S the reason for the lengthy and boring Jimmy side quest. I mean, I liked Jimmy as a character, and having him as a story line connected to the ranch was fine, but making him an independent character detached from everything just dragging, for no seeming reason. Now we know the reason had nothing to do with the show--they just absolutely burned tons of screen time to set up a new spinoff.

Man, this news and the poor season 4 have me questioning Yellowstone as a series going forward.

My thing about setting up the 6666 was it wasn’t even really that interesting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose