Yay finally a run game coordinator

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score

WHAT HAS KLIFF KINGSBURY LEARNED AS COACH?​

Like Murray, Kingsbury heads into this third NFL season. Like Murray, Kingsbury has had a learning curve that he acknowledged when he arrived was something he would need to climb. This offseason, Kingsbury changed wide receivers coaches, he promoted Sean Kugler to run-game coordinator and moved Cam Turner to quarterbacks coach. He seems to have taken a step back from working exclusively with quarterbacks in the beginning part of practices, choosing a more all-encompassing role. How this translates to game day – and make no mistake, Kingsbury will continue to call plays – will be seen, but like players, the coach's growth will be a factor in how this season plays out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of all the off season coaching moves I really don't get Cam Turner as QB coach. He has very limited experience as an assistant QB coach and we are giving him the keys to a young raw QB with massive potential. There are a bunch of more experiences guys out there that would cut off their arm to coach Kyler.

Top of the list should have been Carl Smith. Sure, he's 73 now but he's still going strong and has forgot more than Cam Turner knows. He was Russ Wilson's QB coach from 2012 to 2018. He was Deshaun Watson's QB coach in 2019 and offensive consultant in 2020. He was available this off season with the coaching change in Houston but has now gone back to the Seahawks.

I can't think of a better guy to work with Kyler than someone who's last 2 QB's were Wilson and Watson, and Cam Turner could have learned a bunch from him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of all the off season coaching moves I really don't get Cam Turner as QB coach. He has very limited experience as an assistant QB coach and we are giving him the keys to a young raw QB with massive potential. There are a bunch of more experiences guys out there that would cut off their arm to coach Kyler.

Top of the list should have been Carl Smith. Sure, he's 73 now but he's still going strong and has forgot more than Cam Turner knows. He was Russ Wilson's QB coach from 2012 to 2018. He was Deshaun Watson's QB coach in 2019 and offensive consultant in 2020. He was available this off season with the coaching change in Houston but has now gone back to the Seahawks.

I can't think of a better guy to work with Kyler than someone who's last 2 QB's were Wilson and Watson, and Cam Turner could have learned a bunch from him.
Would love to see Kurt Warner become our QB's coach but it will probably never happen.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Three things you want out of your QB coach.

To be able to instill knowledge and provide feedback to your QB.

To be a buffer between your HC and your QB.

To build trust and have a rapport with your QB.

I have no idea if these are the reasons Turner is in his role, but the Turner family has a history of working well with NFL QBs. Again, we will see, but those are probably all factors.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I thought Kugler was basically the running game coordinator since he’s been here.
No title of offensive coordinator or run game coordinator until this year, only pass game coordinator- folks say what they want - presume a lot, but if you don’t prioritize the fundamentals, you rub out your oline, qb, st and defense. As we have witnessed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose