Xbox at e3

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far they have announced the smaller xbox with the 2tb hard drive and 4k potential.

(not much use for that)

Then they announced that digital games purchased on xbox will automatically unlock it on PC. This one is huge for me as I was real excited about the PC mirror system thinking I could play 2 player online without split screens but all it did was mirror the split screens. With this update it means I could play online with my kids using my PC moniter instead of split screen. Its not that big a deal on games like rocket league but for shooters? Split screen KILLS visability.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/13/play-anywhere-puts-the-same-games-on-xbox-and-pc/

Microsoft's been talking about bridging the gap between it's PC and console gamers for awhile now -- and at E3 today, it announced just how it's going to do it. Xbox Play Anywhere: a new cross buy program that automatically gives you the PC version a game when you buy it on Xbox... or the Xbox version when you buy it on PC. The first game to take advantage of the program? Gears of War 4, of course -- and yes, Xbox One and PC players will be able to play together online.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing really earth shattering that I saw. new box, new controllers, cross platform purchasing.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will probably never happen, but I want Halo on PC.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would think it IS going to happen now that microsoft plans to merge PC games and xbox games into one.

Edit: already happening:
As part of Kotaku's report about future Xbox consoles are some details about Microsoft's reported plans to converge Xbox One and PC.

As part of a Microsoft plan that is reportedly codenamed "Project Helix," the company's games--including the Halo franchise--will come to console and PC.

"Developer sources have told us that Microsoft's new mandate is to release future games–including the flagship Halo series–on both platforms," Kotaku reported.

First-party games Halo Wars 2 and Sea of Thieves have already been announced to be in development for Xbox One and PC. Additionally, Fable Legends was in production for both systems until its cancellation. On top of that, Gears of War 4 boss Rod Fergusson has teased that the game could come to PC.

So yeah, this announcement from today of cross platform game purchases, Halo is a headliner. Congrats to you!

(Link isnt posting properly, googled Halo coming to PC and found the gamespot article)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Halo wars is confirmed to come to PC, Halo itself not confirmed yet.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, Halo wars is confirmed to come to PC, Halo itself not confirmed yet.

Sweet! Halo 2 multiplayer was some of the most fun I had playing online, but I really want to play the single player campaigns. When the MCC was announced, I was hoping it would happen.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am hoping the current Xbone goes on sale now that a newer console is coming.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

being that the slim with 2tb HD will be 300, the standard one should be going down (but youll need to buy a bigger spare harddrive if you want to have a selection of games so it may be worth it to buy this new slim one unless the old one goes down by $100)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It already went down $50. It won't go down again until the other one is about to be released, if at all.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently an OG Xbone 500gb with a free game and controller is $279.

Same deal with 1TB HD is $299.

The two TB slim is slated to be $399 (i thought it was 299)

So, you are paying $100 extra for 1tb extra. You could buy the OG xbox at 279 and then get a 5TB HD for $120 and break even with the slim model but have far more space. Also, I have read that the external harddrives load and etc much faster than the internal.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...ID.64724200?icid=XboxOne_ModG_Consoles_010416

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They also announced Scorpio, which will be north of 6 TFlops, which when you include architecture improvements and a better CPU, means it will likely be about 5x as powerful as the current Xbox One.

Of course it won't be out until fall 2017, and likely will cost a good bit more (499-599), but it will be capable of some lower level but decent 4k gaming in select titles. Also this would be the model you want if you plan to hook up a VR helmet like Rift to it. Also at 1080p, it will chew through games. No idea if they'll support 120hz, but rock solid 1080/60 will be possible except for the absolute worst game devs (i.e. their problem not the hardware).

It also, unless Sony changes their plans, about 40-50 percent more powerful than the Sony's Neo coming out at about 4.1 Tflops.

Of course AMD's TFlops tend not to be as powerful as Nvidia's TFlops, so Neo is probably about the power of a GTX 970, and the Scorpio is easily a notch better than say a GTX 980. Probably something between a 980 and 980ti. The Neo is supposedly a downclocked AMD RX480 which is their new budget card which will launch on PC for $199 for the 4GB and although unannounced, probably $30-50 more for the 8GB version.

Also for comparison Nvidia just launched their GTX 1070 and 1080 for ($379-449) and ($599-679). These are the small board versions and even the 1070 can beat the 980ti and Titan X which were the best single GPU cards on the market. 1080 beats those by about 30 percent. 1070 is about 6.45 TFlops and 1080 about 9 TFlops (more powerful than AMD equivalent) at stock speeds, which can be increased by overclocking them, so a good overclock will take these to above 7 TFlops and 10 TFLops. (which when compared to AMD would probably be the equivalent of 9 and 12 TFlops or so). So in essence an overclocked 1070 is probably about 50 percent more powerful than the Scorpio and an overclocked 1080 about double. Available now and not a year and half from now. Again these are the small cards, which are only using about 150-185 watts. So they'll easily be well past this by 30-50 percent on the top end by the time Scorpio launches.

Just good to put things in perspective so people know what they are getting. There could be some surprises to the upside for AMD due to the unknown benefits the Vega GPU (what Scorpio almost certainly will use) might bring to the table (i.e. maybe that 6 TFlops in Vega might be more efficient than say 7 TFlops in their current generation). We'll just have to see.

If Nintendo NX really is only between a regular Xbox One and PS4, they're in trouble again.

Exciting times. Scorpio and Neo truly are what the X1 and PS4 should've been in the first place, it just would of been way too expensive then though. Now they can do it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also announced Scorpio, which will be north of 6 TFlops, which when you include architecture improvements and a better CPU, means it will likely be about 5x as powerful as the current Xbox One.

Of course it won't be out until fall 2017, and likely will cost a good bit more (499-599), but it will be capable of some lower level but decent 4k gaming in select titles. Also this would be the model you want if you plan to hook up a VR helmet like Rift to it. Also at 1080p, it will chew through games. No idea if they'll support 120hz, but rock solid 1080/60 will be possible except for the absolute worst game devs (i.e. their problem not the hardware).

It also, unless Sony changes their plans, about 40-50 percent more powerful than the Sony's Neo coming out at about 4.1 Tflops.

Of course AMD's TFlops tend not to be as powerful as Nvidia's TFlops, so Neo is probably about the power of a GTX 970, and the Scorpio is easily a notch better than say a GTX 980. Probably something between a 980 and 980ti. The Neo is supposedly a downclocked AMD RX480 which is their new budget card which will launch on PC for $199 for the 4GB and although unannounced, probably $30-50 more for the 8GB version.

Also for comparison Nvidia just launched their GTX 1070 and 1080 for ($379-449) and ($599-679). These are the small board versions and even the 1070 can beat the 980ti and Titan X which were the best single GPU cards on the market. 1080 beats those by about 30 percent. 1070 is about 6.45 TFlops and 1080 about 9 TFlops (more powerful than AMD equivalent) at stock speeds, which can be increased by overclocking them, so a good overclock will take these to above 7 TFlops and 10 TFLops. (which when compared to AMD would probably be the equivalent of 9 and 12 TFlops or so). So in essence an overclocked 1070 is probably about 50 percent more powerful than the Scorpio and an overclocked 1080 about double. Available now and not a year and half from now. Again these are the small cards, which are only using about 150-185 watts. So they'll easily be well past this by 30-50 percent on the top end by the time Scorpio launches.

Just good to put things in perspective so people know what they are getting. There could be some surprises to the upside for AMD due to the unknown benefits the Vega GPU (what Scorpio almost certainly will use) might bring to the table (i.e. maybe that 6 TFlops in Vega might be more efficient than say 7 TFlops in their current generation). We'll just have to see.

If Nintendo NX really is only between a regular Xbox One and PS4, they're in trouble again.

Exciting times. Scorpio and Neo truly are what the X1 and PS4 should've been in the first place, it just would of been way too expensive then though. Now they can do it.

I will look to upgrade to Scorpio in 2017 which is probably when I will be in the market for a 4K TV assuming prices go down another 40-50%.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked up Sonys VR:
\
New playstation, probably $500-$600 right?

Then you need a $400 VR headset plus other stuff.

Then I looked up an oculus since they already come out with xbox controllers I assume they will be the xbox headset. $600!!!

Now i assume that can come down but if the VR market means dropping 1k on machines and peripherals, they will be limiting their market significantly which will cause a lot of issues and hesitation from developers to create VR game when only 20% of the xbox userbase has the equipment to play it.

In short, I hope with scorpio they can make VR affordable as I would like good, solid VR to be the future, not fizzle out due to poor implementation.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.
  1. All Microsoft titles moving forward will be playable on PC, including the inevitable Halo 6, with full cross-play capabilities (on a related note, Microsoft said competitive multiplayer would remain exclusive to each platform at the discretion of developers, so don't worry about keyboard vs controller in shooters).

http://www.trueachievements.com/n24...-for-all-future-microsoftpublished-titles.htm

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry BRR, I just saw that you posted the March Game Pass list here after I posted it in the other thread. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive been eyeing this game for it seems like a year. not sure where I heard about it first but it looks beautiful.
I played the closed beta today and it left A LOT to be desired. I just don't know what the objective is.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played the closed beta today and it left A LOT to be desired. I just don't know what the objective is.
Agreed. I had the alpha a long, long time ago. Played for about 20 minutes and completely lost interest

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Got questions about the xbox/pc games. So if I buy call of duty via Xbox, I can now play it on pc or vice versa?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave