Wow. What Joe Thomas said.

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by slanidrac16, May 10, 2019.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I was going to let this go, but I have to ask . . . what does the Browns record have anything to do with Thomas’ knowledge of how certain factors impact the position he played? Seriously, this “fact” that you keep basing your argument upon may be literally the dumbest argument I’ve ever seen on this board, and it’s been full of stupid arguments lately. I want to understand how your brain built this correlation.

2. schutd

schutd Regular User

<Considers showing ignored content...>

daves likes this.
  3. WildBB

WildBB GL - MG!

It's just basic common sense that mobile QB's buy the OL extra time. A Defense allowed to tee up on a stationary pocket passer in today's NFL is what D coordinators drool about. With the restrictions on the secondary's, the best way for the D to stop the pass is get pressure on the QB's. Their basic scheme is predicated on this premise. That's why the NFL has shifted somewhat.

The other option is to have an above average effective at minimum rushing attack. We could not do either one last year. Rush or protect.

Thus the #1. ;)

dscher likes this.
  4. BW52

BW52 Registered

So any posts contrasting to what you and your KylerKult spew is just idiocy?So what if some disagree and question the statement?You aren't king of the AZSFN board.

5. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

He is part of the nfl network now.

Kel Varnsen likes this.
  6. juza76

juza76 Registered

isnt the king but he is logical in what he says
    he has been able to change his own premature opinion about murray after he started to know more about the player, thats something to praise, cause not so many are willing to do that

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    cardsfanmd, daves, Vacard and 2 others like this.
  7. slanidrac16

Ouchie, sometimes it’s befuddling why we reply to some comments. Joe Thomas, joe friggin Thomas who has played football in high school, college z and who will be in the nfl hof cant possibly know more than some people here.

Whether he played with a mobile qb or not has nothing to do with understanding the blocking concepts of a moving pocket. Good lord.

8. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I'm not saying Joe Thomas knows nothing, but many great players have gone on to be terrible coaches or evaluators in sports, because they had an athletic gear that many don't. Sure, for Joe Thomas, an absolute specimen of a human, he might think it's easier to have a mobile guy, but when your offensive line is made up of guys who have nowhere near his athleticism and are lucky to be starters, much less never going to be an All-Pro, I'm not so sure the comparison matches.

kerouac9 likes this.
  9. dscher

dscher Registered

I see what you're saying..but you most definitely can't dismiss what the guy has to say. Just like anything, maybe it's somewhere in the middle. Jmo

10. slanidrac16

And I can respect this point of view and how you’ve expressed it. But the other fellow actually question his expertise. I mean , come on.

CardsSunsDbacks and Solar7 like this.
  11. TJ

TJ Suge White

This.

I remember a while ago reading about Kaepernick and how hard it was to block for him because you never knew where he was going to be during s play. He could drop back in the pocket or roll out despite the play call.

At least with pocket passers in a timing offense, you know where your QB is and roughly how long to sustain blocks.

12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I'm fine with it being in the middle. Just saying that someone who has never really blocked for a mobile QB has a little less clout when saying it. If this were like, Russel Okung, I might give it more credit.

This is my thought too. As an offensive lineman, you can ruin the entire play by getting downfield too quickly too. I've seen plenty of plays where the lineman thought his guy was taking off, but threw the ball at the last second.

13. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

If you drew a straight line from point A to point B, Kaepernick was fast. And that was pretty much all there was too him. He wasn’t:
    -a good decision maker
    -accurate
    -good under pressure
    -very elusive
    -quick through his progressions

There are no true similarities between the 2 QB’s whatsoever.

jf-08 likes this.
  14. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

You don't go to the Super Bowl in the dominating fashion they did with him being that terrible at all of those things. He was a pretty good player who got ruined by the shitshow that organization turned into following the Super Bowl loss.

And I disliked Colin Kaepernick as far back as his days in Reno, so for me to defend him is a pretty big deal.

Cardsmasochist and kerouac9 like this.
  15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

The Niners went to the SB due mainly to the D that Harbaugh ran. They also had a great running game & OLine. Kaepernick was a below average NFL QB who ultimately was exposed for what he was. To think otherwise is folly.

Cardiac, WildBB and CardsSunsDbacks like this.