Wouldn't it be great......

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we were sitting here right now having a long debate about what the Cards should do with there 2nd 1st round pick this year, that they recieved by transitioning or Franchising Boston before another team signed him. Instead we have a team consisting of McCown, Shipp, Mcaddley. Kasper and a laughing stock of a defense..... Wow its great being a Cards Fan, Go Rod Graves, I need the middle finger smilie

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does the Transition Tag work?

The Bills just signed Spikes to a deal and the Bengals didn't match. However I have read that the Bengals will get nothing from the Bills. I guess the only thing the Transition Tag does is give you the right to match the other offer.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease

The Bills just signed Spikes to a deal and the Bengals didn't match. However I have read that the Bengals will get nothing from the Bills. I guess the only thing the Transition Tag does is give you the right to match the other offer.

Right.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease

Correct. The transition tag is a joke. All it does is give the player a guaranteed top ten salary and gives a team owning the player's rights the extra right to match the best offer.

But that too is a joke, because the offer must be matched exactly and it's simple to build in poison pills that can't be matched.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson