Would you trade Patrick Peterson for OBJ in the offseason?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Both players seem to want out.

Both players have issues.

Both are about(ish) the same age.

Both have a similar cap hit (close)

###

Who is making this deal?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBJ is a much bigger distraction than PP21. If I’m trading, I’m not trading baggage for more baggage

Yep. It is only a matter of time before he will want out of here. We are in a much worse situation than Cleveland is right now.

No way he would even consider coming here anyway. He will end up either in Dallas or Baltimore IMO.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
ODell clearly doesn’t want to be on a rebuilding team.
Neither does Peterson.

The one advantage that we would have with OBJ is that he wants to be the focal point of an offense and we could give him that. Also, he helps Murray in theory, and if Murray doesn't work, it is all for nothing anyways.

I don't think this trade would be any riskier than selecting Murray was. I haven't made up my mind on it, but it is a closer decision than I thought it would be.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yep. It is only a matter of time before he will want out of here. We are in a much worse situation than Cleveland is right now.

No way he would even consider coming here anyway. He will end up either in Dallas or Baltimore IMO.
How in the world is Dallas paying for him?

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you are in the camp that the Cardinals need to win 8 or more games next season to validate keeping Kingsbury and Keim, how does this move hurt that?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So-o- We trade a problem at CB (where we are short talent) for an even bigger problem at WR (where we are deep in young talent).

I'd pass.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes, please. Peterson only has 1 more year left on his deal; I'd sweeten it with a 3rd round pick.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Odell doesn't want to play with Baker. But he's too much of a diva and would be unhappy here.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was ridiculed for suggesting that PP21 be traded at the deadline this year. Whoops, in hindsight, that was now clearly the right call. Unless you're Steve Keim.

OBJ? Oh hell no. Why trade one problem for another? Cut ties with PP for whatever you can get and move on.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, but what does that have to with ODell not wanting to be on a rebuilding team?

I want Peterson traded badly. However, not for another player that doesn’t want to go through another rebuild.

No player wants to go through a rebuild. The rebuild is just forced on some players.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sure, but what does that have to with ODell not wanting to be on a rebuilding team?

I want Peterson traded badly. However, not for another player that doesn’t want to go through another rebuild.
If we don't win next year, we are starting over anyway.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think I am inclined to make the move. You can sell it to OBJ that you want to feature him, and you want to win right away. If things don't work out, we will move you in the offseason.

We just have so many needs, and this seems like an easy way to upgrade the WR corp. FA has a ton of CBs if we want to go that route to replace Peterson.

Our biggest issue may be in finding a FS. I am not sure Justin Simmons is going to make it to market.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea you take that deal

Reason 1

PP was on PED's - his game is going to do nothing but fall off. You don't start taking AND masking PED"s unless you KNOW your body can't do what it once did. Find me 1 player in the history of the NFL busted for PED's who came back and was worth a pint.....there aren't many (Edelman and Ingram are the only 2 I can think of). It's a fall off the roof onto your head moments with players who use PED's.

Reason 2

See reason 1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely I love OBJ and I think if he can stay healthy he'd be terrific. There's always the chance he's a huge distraction but if he is at least you took the chance.
It'll never happen of course

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I agree. Imo, OBJ would give us more production than PP but still be a cancer because of us being in rebuild mode. Only thing imo that would lead him here, other than the trade itself, is playing with KM. As soon as we start losing games he will start tweeting negative stuff, unlike BM, KM won't make comments about him. Some on this board think that PP is slacking to get traded, I think he's lost a step or more. We need to trade him now & take what we can get. We have Alford for 2-3 more yrs, we could sign another CB or draft one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose