Would Bear's Allen Robinson be a good fit on Cardinals?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He would be our second best WR however, his skill set is redundant to Hopkins and the cost would be high especially since he also wants a big, new contract.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about a sustainably successful team?

The Bears don't want either of those players. Let's not create a fairytale. We would have to pay the guy for an extension. We can't afford it.

Thats kind of my point, we wouldn't have to pay him for an extension.

Lets say we could swap Kirk for Robinson for this year. Does it make us better? Yes, no doubt it does. If Larry tells us he is retiring in the summer, then maybe we think about spending that money on an extension, but if not...then we let Robinson walk and get probably a 3rd or 4th round comp pick....arguably about what Kirk would be worth in a trade anyway.

In the end it costs us an extra year of Kirk...because he has 2 years left on our deal.

We have no idea what the Bears would want in a trade, but it doesn't hurt to find out. If they are no going to resign Robinson, they should trade him...same as we should look to move PP21 if we know we are not interested in resigning him.

You get a sustainably successful team by drafting well, and then not letting players walk for nothing

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sucks is a bit strong, but I don't think you want him to be a starting outside receiver.
He seems to have lost quite a bit of confidence just by the looks of it in san Fran. He doesn't have that fire/pep that guys like Fitz and Dhop have which I personally like from receiver's.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Thats kind of my point, we wouldn't have to pay him for an extension.

Lets say we could swap Kirk for Robinson for this year. Does it make us better? Yes, no doubt it does. If Larry tells us he is retiring in the summer, then maybe we think about spending that money on an extension, but if not...then we let Robinson walk and get probably a 3rd or 4th round comp pick....arguably about what Kirk would be worth in a trade anyway.

In the end it costs us an extra year of Kirk...because he has 2 years left on our deal.

We have no idea what the Bears would want in a trade, but it doesn't hurt to find out. If they are no going to resign Robinson, they should trade him...same as we should look to move PP21 if we know we are not interested in resigning him.

You get a sustainably successful team by drafting well, and then not letting players walk for nothing
You'd still be bringing in a guy to learn a complicated playbook and getting up to speed for the whole season. This isn't an uncomplicated offense. Plug and play doesn't really exist in the NFL.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You'd still be bringing in a guy to learn a complicated playbook and getting up to speed for the whole season. This isn't an uncomplicated offense. Plug and play doesn't really exist in the NFL.

I agree to an extent. I just see this as a move that a "good team" will try to pull off. You trade a mid round pick, get Robinson for the year and hope he is a contributor by the last 1/3 of the season and playoffs.

Then you let him walk in FA, and you get a comp pick maybe a round lower than what you paid.

I could see the Pats, Packers, or even the Niners doing something like this.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You can't bring in a guy who is mad about his contract and not give him a new contract. I just can't with some of these suggestions

This isn't Madden.

Why not? Where is he going to increase his off season value? On the Bears with Trabisky....or on a playoff contender with a good QB.

I know we don't "need" him....but I will bet almost anything that if he does get traded, its to a better team than the Bears, not a worse. I don't see anyone trading for him to be there #1 WR and signing him long term this year.

If I had to put money on it right now, I would say the 49ers will try to trade for him.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would be our second best WR however, his skill set is redundant to Hopkins and the cost would be high especially since he also wants a big, new contract.

Kirk wants a big new contract? Where'd you hear that?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kirk earned some respect with his

*checks notes*

one catch on five targets for zero yards

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
would have had a huge probably touchdown catch if not for being held halfway through his route. Ended up just a few steps late for the TD but a huge PI call.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.
Drawing penalties is part of the game.

if Kirk draws a PI on half those balls they will keep throwing to him and consider it a blessing

the mere fact the defender had to grab him shows that Kirk did his job well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose