Would Bear's Allen Robinson be a good fit on Cardinals?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SissyBoyFloyd, Sep 15, 2020.

1. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Banned

He had plenty of double coverage on Sunday.

2. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

I wanted Oline. Ok with having Simmons and warmed up to it in the offseason.

However, I blame @Dr. Jones for hyping up the top 3 wrs from this past draft. I've been following their progress and all looked really good, lol.

Dr. Jones likes this.
  3. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

If we had the cap, who knows, maybe kiem finds a way

4. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Robinson would be an upgrade this year....so it depends on how much we want to go for it.

Kirk could turn into a decent WR, but he will have to be resigned next year anyway...otherwise he will become decent for someone else.

I would defintley prefer signing Robinson to a 3 year deal than Drake for the same money?

We do not want to end up like Houston where we can't put a decent WR across from Hopkins. Right now we are ok. Next year we might not be

5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

This would be the most ridiculous move the team could possibly make.

Listen, you draft a QB #1 overall, he should elevate your weapons. You draft three WRs along with him, one should produce. We cannot trade for any more top receivers. You can't pay for them. Kyler needs more support elsewhere, simple enough.

6. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Its not ridiculous if you trade one of those young WRs for someone who is better. Robinson helps us win this year, he is a FA next year, and we would at the very least get a decent comp pick for him.

Its something a win-now team would do...so we have to decide if we want to go for it this year.

If we were able to trade Kirk straight up...or say Isabella and a 4th I would do it. We would be a better team right now, and would not be any worse off than we are now going forward.

Vacard likes this.
  7. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

How about a sustainably successful team?

The Bears don't want either of those players. Let's not create a fairytale. We would have to pay the guy for an extension. We can't afford it.

8. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

Not based on what I saw and continue to see. He's been a huge disappointment.

9. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

1? Lol

10. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

He was targeted 5 times, not 1.

He had 1 target where KM missed him while he was wide open about 20 yards down field and another that likely would have been a long TD reception, but was held throughout the route.

That included with the fact that KM was finding DH with such regularity should make his stat line a little more understandable.

11. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

5 targets

12. Ronin

Ronin Registered

13. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

He would be our second best WR however, his skill set is redundant to Hopkins and the cost would be high especially since he also wants a big, new contract.

14. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Thats kind of my point, we wouldn't have to pay him for an extension.

Lets say we could swap Kirk for Robinson for this year. Does it make us better? Yes, no doubt it does. If Larry tells us he is retiring in the summer, then maybe we think about spending that money on an extension, but if not...then we let Robinson walk and get probably a 3rd or 4th round comp pick....arguably about what Kirk would be worth in a trade anyway.

In the end it costs us an extra year of Kirk...because he has 2 years left on our deal.

We have no idea what the Bears would want in a trade, but it doesn't hurt to find out. If they are no going to resign Robinson, they should trade him...same as we should look to move PP21 if we know we are not interested in resigning him.

You get a sustainably successful team by drafting well, and then not letting players walk for nothing

15. dscher

dscher Registered

He seems to have lost quite a bit of confidence just by the looks of it in san Fran. He doesn't have that fire/pep that guys like Fitz and Dhop have which I personally like from receiver's.