Would Bear's Allen Robinson be a good fit on Cardinals?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Was wondering cause he is frustrated in Chicago. Could we package anyone that would be a tempting trade from Bear's point of view, if he is a good fit for us along side of Hopkins? Maybe Robinson for a younger Christian Kirk? Thoughts?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks. We should continue to develop Kirk IMO. We have 3 solid wideouts and paying another one is out of the question, even when replacing a cheap guy like kirk.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, he would be worth a look and here is why.

Fitz is year to year. We have no idea if he will hold on to make a SB run with this group, or if he will decide to give it his all this year and fade off into the sunset. When he retires, it leaves a MASSIVE gap in our WR room because we can't draft them for crap. Butler is already gone. Isabella looks to be quickly heading to bust-town, and KeSean is a depth guy at best.

Kirk has been ok...not a star by any means, and he is only under contract for 1 more year. A lot of people, myself included, think he would work best as a slot WR.

If you were able to get Robinson and keep him beyond this year, you make Hopkins that much more valuable for the life of the massive contract he now has. Robinson would be an awesome #2, and at 27 should still have some prime years left.

Why its hard is that our WR room looks pretty solid and rather full right now. The problem happens if we end up having Fitz retire in the offseason, and we end up cutting Isabella...and Kirk still hasn't shown enough to warrant a new contract.

Id offer them Kirk straight up, or Isabella and a 4th.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No. The Wr room needs a burner to stretch the defense. Robinson is not that guy.
That’s why I was advocating drafting Ruggs at 8. Of course, that was before Simmons fell in our lap.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The solution is simple, you draft a freaking WR which works. This is on Keim to get it right, who is ironically drafting for a franchise which has a great track record drafting WRs as a whole

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We simply can’t spend 45 mil on 3 wr’s.

Well, Fitz and/or Hop can always do structuring things to their contracts. If we have to part ways with Fitz so be it.

Also, yes we can. At least while Kyler is on his rookie deal.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk hasn't been bumped down the depth chart. He was tied for second in targets last week.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Hard for me to judge Kirk this year so far. Hopkins took every target and rightfully so. Haven’t seen enough but I think once teams start doubling Nuk then he will get more throws coming his way.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hard for me to judge Kirk this year so far. Hopkins took every target and rightfully so. Haven’t seen enough but I think once teams start doubling Nuk then he will get more throws coming his way.

He had plenty of double coverage on Sunday.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. The Wr room needs a burner to stretch the defense. Robinson is not that guy.
That’s why I was advocating drafting Ruggs at 8. Of course, that was before Simmons fell in our lap.
I wanted Oline. Ok with having Simmons and warmed up to it in the offseason.

However, I blame @Dr. Jones for hyping up the top 3 wrs from this past draft. I've been following their progress and all looked really good, lol.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Robinson would be an upgrade this year....so it depends on how much we want to go for it.

Kirk could turn into a decent WR, but he will have to be resigned next year anyway...otherwise he will become decent for someone else.

I would defintley prefer signing Robinson to a 3 year deal than Drake for the same money?

We do not want to end up like Houston where we can't put a decent WR across from Hopkins. Right now we are ok. Next year we might not be

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This would be the most ridiculous move the team could possibly make.

Listen, you draft a QB #1 overall, he should elevate your weapons. You draft three WRs along with him, one should produce. We cannot trade for any more top receivers. You can't pay for them. Kyler needs more support elsewhere, simple enough.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This would be the most ridiculous move the team could possibly make.

Listen, you draft a QB #1 overall, he should elevate your weapons. You draft three WRs along with him, one should produce. We cannot trade for any more top receivers. You can't pay for them. Kyler needs more support elsewhere, simple enough.

Its not ridiculous if you trade one of those young WRs for someone who is better. Robinson helps us win this year, he is a FA next year, and we would at the very least get a decent comp pick for him.

Its something a win-now team would do...so we have to decide if we want to go for it this year.

If we were able to trade Kirk straight up...or say Isabella and a 4th I would do it. We would be a better team right now, and would not be any worse off than we are now going forward.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Its not ridiculous if you trade one of those young WRs for someone who is better. Robinson helps us win this year, he is a FA next year, and we would at the very least get a decent comp pick for him.

Its something a win-now team would do...so we have to decide if we want to go for it this year.

If we were able to trade Kirk straight up...or say Isabella and a 4th I would do it. We would be a better team right now, and would not be any worse off than we are now going forward.
How about a sustainably successful team?

The Bears don't want either of those players. Let's not create a fairytale. We would have to pay the guy for an extension. We can't afford it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He was targeted 5 times, not 1.

He had 1 target where KM missed him while he was wide open about 20 yards down field and another that likely would have been a long TD reception, but was held throughout the route.

That included with the fact that KM was finding DH with such regularity should make his stat line a little more understandable.