Worth a Listen

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ok Mao…

Although we fans on this board have been making similar comments regarding Kyler that the media has been making this week. Without being fed anything.

let’s say your right and whatever “inside information” you’re being fed is dead on and accurate in regards to the FO feeding info about Kyler to trash him.

To what end? What’s the purpose of that? How will it serve the club moving forward? What is their motive and hope to gain about trashing their QB to the media privately? I mean if it’s gotten to you you can bet Kyler will hear of it no? What’s the end game to do that to your QB 1 you have no way of getting rid of thanks to the massive contract you just signed him to?

Heck there were “rumors” in his first year that Larry and Kyler didn’t get along…. People just dismissed it which was obviously a mistake.
I think Mao was pretty clear: to save kliff and Keim’s hides.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The broadcasters talk to like five people in the day or two leading up to the game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Steve Young is too busy/lazy to attend them, so he ends up listening to what some Production Assistant tells him the meeting was like.

If you think I'm saying Kliff, Keim, and Michael are telling Steve Young that Kyler is lazy, that's hot what I'm saying. But I think they have to craft a narrative to keep this game interesting and this is like a live action version of Any Given Sunday.

I think you're giving the idiots on Hardy Drive too much credit to think they have a grand design or strategy. These are the guys that inserted the study hall language into Kyler's contract. There is no forward thinking with these clowns.
Agreed. If y’all think the on air celebrity former players are watching film all week leading up to a game and conducting research you’re out to lunch. They’re fed their information internally. Where they get that info likely comes from a myriad of sources, not the least of which likely comes from inside the house if there’s motive. Think about how many times one of these knuckleheads makes a comment about the cards and this board is like “wtf? Do they even watch the cards?”

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Mao was pretty clear: to save kliff and Keim’s hides.

Yea not seeing how that saves them in anyway. Kyler was their choice. Their choice to re sign to absurd contract etc…. Nothing should be able to save them heck Bidwill himself wanted the study policy because he knew how Kyler is. Not buying it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's pretty simple really: Keim and Kliff know that nobody in the NFL or college would hire them in any remotely important position so they're going to fight like a cornered animal to keep this job and throw anyone and everyone under the bus to save their hides. And Kyler with the way he's played this year and his personality has given them the perfect scapegoat for their own incompetence.

And this is just getting started too, Kyler and his people are going to swing back here at some point. And he should do this I'll add. Everyone save BritCard and a few others realize that there's a lot more than Kyler to blame for this sh-tshow.
If Kyler is smart he'll ****, put his head down, get to work, and prove he has what it takes. Whinging and whining and blasting back at this point is exactly playing into their hands. He's sucked all on his own, even with all the other problems on this team, and he won't fix perception by whining some more.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yea not seeing how that saves them in anyway. Kyler was their choice. Their choice to re sign to absurd contract etc…. Nothing should be able to save them heck Bidwill himself wanted the study policy because he knew how Kyler is. Not buying it.
all the above it true, but cant be changed

what can be changed is the current narrative (pre-game mind you):

"the roster and coaching is actually pretty good -- see how well the team played last week (and if we in tonight, see how good my roster/ coaching is with even average QB play). Kyler wouldnt be the first player to get paid and get complacent."

by the time that game ended though: nobody would conclude the Cards roster --even adjusted for normal injuries -- was close to being ready to compete for a run in the playoffs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Agreed. If y’all think the on air celebrity former players are watching film all week leading up to a game and conducting research you’re out to lunch. They’re fed their information internally. Where they get that info likely comes from a myriad of sources, not the least of which likely comes from inside the house if there’s motive. Think about how many times one of these knuckleheads makes a comment about the cards and this board is like “wtf? Do they even watch the cards?”
You can say that about ESPN newscasters sitting in Connecticut... heck, you can even say that about Aikman and Buck...and it would most likely be true. But that isn't the case with Young and again, especially Larry, who maintains a tight relationship with D-Hop.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What a clown show. None of what happened will be featured on Hard Knocks.
It all points to Kliffy... as I have NO doubt that Eno and now Kugler (probably Ward as well), had serious issues with the wonderboy's offense and, for reasons I will never understand, "the organization" chose to have Kliffy's back.
Keim and Michael have systematically destroyed this organization post BA. Can't even muster a laugh anymore...just super sad.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It all points to Kliffy... as I have NO doubt that Eno and now Kugler (probably Ward as well), had serious issues with the wonderboy's offense and, for reasons I will never understand, "the organization" chose to have Kliffy's back.
Keim and Michael have systematically destroyed this organization post BA. Can't even muster a laugh anymore...just super sad.
agreed, very sad day to be a Cardinal fan. Hopefully the truth comes out about what is happening but chances are we will never hear the exact truth.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The throwing under the bus was more than just "he's not playing well." It was both direct and indirect mentions of leadership, locker room culture, etc. That comes from more than just watching a few minutes of some football games.
Kyler's reputation proceeds him at this point. Doesn't take much more than a glance at the writing on the walls to come away with those theories. Maybe 1 or 2 conversations with a player and they can easily connect the dots.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
agreed, very sad day to be a Cardinal fan. Hopefully the truth comes out about what is happening but chances are we will never hear the exact truth.
I've seen this sort of thing play out in other places... The organization anoints someone...could be a new President of a company, or in this case, a worthless Head Coach, lifting him up to the level of being worthy of a 5-year extension. The organization (Owner and GM), in order to save face (I would also say reputation, but who are we kidding? Their reputations are worthless...there is nothing to save there), feels forced to do whatever possible to protect their anointed wonderboy. And anyone who crosses the line with wonderboy, must be swiftly dealt with.
It's the classic framework of an organization in a death-spiral. This team is toast and can now only be saved by a "shareholder" revolt type uprising...that would lead to Mike B selling the team, a new GM and a new Head Coach. Anything short of that will not suffice and will only cause further damage, heartache and pain...