Worth a Listen

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Funny they never mentioned the amount of holes the rest of the roster has.

The Kyler bashing is straight from the Keim/Bidwill leak department. Maybe a little Kliff thrown in because during his weekly film sessions he I'm sure he assures dummy Bidwill that his offense is innovative and Kyler is the sole problem.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

The Kyler bashing is straight from the Keim/Bidwill leak department. Maybe a little Kliff thrown in because during his weekly film sessions he I'm sure he assures dummy Bidwill that his offense is innovative and Kyler is the sole problem.
I agree with 100% of this.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I agree with 100% of this.
It's pretty simple really: Keim and Kliff know that nobody in the NFL or college would hire them in any remotely important position so they're going to fight like a cornered animal to keep this job and throw anyone and everyone under the bus to save their hides. And Kyler with the way he's played this year and his personality has given them the perfect scapegoat for their own incompetence.

And this is just getting started too, Kyler and his people are going to swing back here at some point. And he should do this I'll add. Everyone save BritCard and a few others realize that there's a lot more than Kyler to blame for this sh-tshow.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

So are you suggesting former players, 1 is a Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest left-handed QB in the history of the game, the other an automatic inductee the first year he's eligible...aren't able to construct their own perception of Kyler and that whatever they spew has been fed to them by Keim/Bidwill?? :rolleyes:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It's pretty simple really: Keim and Kliff know that nobody in the NFL or college would hire them in any remotely important position so they're going to fight like a cornered animal to keep this job and throw anyone and everyone under the bus to save their hides. And Kyler with the way he's played this year and his personality has given them the perfect scapegoat for their own incompetence.

And this is just getting started too, Kyler and his people are going to swing back here at some point. And he should do this I'll add. Everyone save BritCard and a few others realize that there's a lot more than Kyler to blame for this sh-tshow.
But.... who drafted Kyler? And who decided to extend him? And who chose to hire a college flunky as Head Coach? And who decided to extend him?? They can scapegoat all they want, but it won't work.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are you suggesting former players, 1 is a Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest left-handed QB in the history of the game, the other an automatic inductee the first year he's eligible...aren't able to construct their own perception of Kyler and that whatever they spew has been fed to them by Keim/Bidwill?? :rolleyes:

Yea sounds like bull to me. Anyone with half a brain knows the FO is a lost cause. That same person with the same brain can see how messed up and regressed Kyler has become too. Totality of circumstances. Nobody needs to be fed anything.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be clear I'm not saying that's why we lost, they were just much better than us. But when the entire narrative right now is the QB doesn't prepare himself it's hard not to ask if maybe that should extend to the coaching staff deciding NOT to try and acclimate the team to the altitude?

Seems like that's a lack of preparation too.

I think it's because they didn't want the Hard Knocks people to move and they didn't want to spend the money.

I think that the widely respected Cards media department can help shape the narrative for the former players who would probably do anything else than watch game tape of this execrable team.

I'm a fan, and I can barely do it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The throwing under the bus was more than just "he's not playing well." It was both direct and indirect mentions of leadership, locker room culture, etc. That comes from more than just watching a few minutes of some football games.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The throwing under the bus was more than just "he's not playing well." It was both direct and indirect mentions of leadership, locker room culture, etc. That comes from more than just watching a few minutes of some football games.

Heck the average fan can see that Kyler sulks and never takes blame on himself always pushes it off. It’s not that hard.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Heck the average fan can see that Kyler sulks and never takes blame on himself always pushes it off. It’s not that hard.
You're entitled to your opinion, you're wrong but you're certainly entitled to it.

There was a coordinated effort to trash Kyler this week leaking from the front office. Put 2+2 together between this plus the rhetoric on 98.7. I get it - he's played like crap but it's a joke coming from the likes of Kliff/Keim/Bidwill who are as bad if not worse at their respective jobs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I think that the widely respected Cards media department can help shape the narrative for the former players who would probably do anything else than watch game tape of this execrable team.

I'm a fan, and I can barely do it.
C'mon guys... You're better and smarter than this. If you really think that Young and Larry are only coming to their conclusions by watching cuts of tape, or are being fed their lines by Keim/Mike B, and that they're not actually talking to players...well, I'll just say that's disappointing...I thought you were better than that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correct. Larry said he talked with AJ and DHOP. Pretty good sources and add in Larry played with KM.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, you're wrong but you're certainly entitled to it.

There was a coordinated effort to trash Kyler this week leaking from the front office. Put 2+2 together between this plus the rhetoric on 98.7. I get it - he's played like crap but it's a joke coming from the likes of Kliff/Keim/Bidwill who are as bad if not worse at their respective jobs.

Ok Mao…

Although we fans on this board have been making similar comments regarding Kyler that the media has been making this week. Without being fed anything.

let’s say your right and whatever “inside information” you’re being fed is dead on and accurate in regards to the FO feeding info about Kyler to trash him.

To what end? What’s the purpose of that? How will it serve the club moving forward? What is their motive and hope to gain about trashing their QB to the media privately? I mean if it’s gotten to you you can bet Kyler will hear of it no? What’s the end game to do that to your QB 1 you have no way of getting rid of thanks to the massive contract you just signed him to?

Heck there were “rumors” in his first year that Larry and Kyler didn’t get along…. People just dismissed it which was obviously a mistake.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the organization. Nick Bosa:

Nick Bosa shined the spotlight on 49ers owner John York for green-lighting the 49ers’ next-level preparations heading into the Cardinals tilt that was held in Mexico City. San Francisco trained in Colorado at altitude to simulate conditions in Estadio Azteca, which stands at more than seven thousand feet above sea level, via David Brandt of AP:

AD
“(Owner) John York got the game ball,” Niners defensive end Joey Bosa said. “For him to put us in that situation and spend the money you have to spend to do something like that is why the Niners are a winning franchise.”

Although subtle, agreeing to such a move on the off chance that it helps impact the 49ers positively shows just how committed the franchise and its owner are to trying to win. Bosa attested to needing that extra level of preparation given the “brutal” conditions they faced.

“It was brutal,” Nick Bosa added. “Three full-speed reps and you’re hurting. It does get better throughout the game and I think we did a good job sticking with it.”

The Cardinals didn’t proceed with any extra measures for their training, as they ultimately decided to stay in Arizona ahead of the matchup. While it’s probably not the biggest reason behind the lopsided result, Nick Bosa believes it at least played a part in the 49ers’ victory.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
C'mon guys... You're better and smarter than this. If you really think that Young and Larry are only coming to their conclusions by watching cuts of tape, or are being fed their lines by Keim/Mike B, and that they're not actually talking to players...well, I'll just say that's disappointing...I thought you were better than that.

The broadcasters talk to like five people in the day or two leading up to the game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Steve Young is too busy/lazy to attend them, so he ends up listening to what some Production Assistant tells him the meeting was like.

If you think I'm saying Kliff, Keim, and Michael are telling Steve Young that Kyler is lazy, that's hot what I'm saying. But I think they have to craft a narrative to keep this game interesting and this is like a live action version of Any Given Sunday.

Ok Mao…

Although we fans on this board have been making similar comments regarding Kyler that the media has been making this week. Without being fed anything.

let’s say your right and whatever “inside information” you’re being fed is dead on and accurate in regards to the FO feeding info about Kyler to trash him.

To what end? What’s the purpose of that? How will it serve the club moving forward? What is their motive and hope to gain about trashing their QB to the media privately? I mean if it’s gotten to you you can bet Kyler will hear of it no? What’s the end game to do that to your QB 1 you have no way of getting rid of thanks to the massive contract you just signed him to?

Heck there were “rumors” in his first year that Larry and Kyler didn’t get along…. People just dismissed it which was obviously a mistake.

I think you're giving the idiots on Hardy Drive too much credit to think they have a grand design or strategy. These are the guys that inserted the study hall language into Kyler's contract. There is no forward thinking with these clowns.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I agree that the tone regarding Kyler changed after Colt's win last week. Everyone seemed emboldened to back up the bus over Kyler without acknowledging their part in the problem as a whole. Then what was only coming from people associated with Keim (Colin) now is being echoed by MNF crew who is not spending a ton of time studying Kyler Murray. I am sure they had an opinion of why Kyler was struggling and it was reaffirmed by all the praise by the front office regarding Colt.

And this is from someone who is far from a fan of Kyler Murray.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

ya think Mike? I only ask because im not sure it suits his interests. Kyler is chained around his neck for at least two more seasons

Keim's interests? 100%
Kliff's interests? 100% (although a bit unlike him -- say what you want about his coaching acumen, he has consistently been the guy to accept blame rather than assign it)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
AD
“(Owner) John York got the game ball,” Niners defensive end Joey Bosa said. “For him to put us in that situation and spend the money you have to spend to do something like that is why the Niners are a winning franchise.”
But I thought flying in a team plane would set the right tone for a winning team? Guess I was wrong.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Larry even commented on the leadership of a QB of Colt vs Kyler.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The funniest part about this trash job by Keim is that he is too stupid to recognize that it makes him look bad as he is the GM who just signed Kyler to an extension. Well, tbh, he isn't too stupid to recognize that but he knows that no one is getting rid of Kyler so when he puts this out, it makes Kliff look worse than it makes him look. He hopes this will save his job...again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s not true. The average fan likely thinks kyler is great. You have to remember ASFNers aren’t “average fans.” We are super fans. We are gluttons. We see, discuss, and know so much more about the cardinals than the “average fan.” “Average fans” don’t watch pressers. They don’t read articles and watch blogs about their teams. They don’t know who Ben Neimann is.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The broadcasters talk to like five people in the day or two leading up to the game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Steve Young is too busy/lazy to attend them, so he ends up listening to what some Production Assistant tells him the meeting was like.

If you think I'm saying Kliff, Keim, and Michael are telling Steve Young that Kyler is lazy, that's hot what I'm saying. But I think they have to craft a narrative to keep this game interesting and this is like a live action version of Any Given Sunday.
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more... Steve Young takes his role as seriously as anyone. And he is the antithesis of "lazy." Trust me on that one...
I am certain he, Larry and even RG3 have talked with players, particularly Larry, and have received very detailed and direct input from current players on this dreadful team.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not true. The average fan likely thinks kyler is great. You have to remember ASFNers aren’t “average fans.” We are super fans. We are gluttons. We see, discuss, and know so much more about the cardinals than the “average fan.” “Average fans” don’t watch pressers. They don’t read articles and watch blogs about their teams. They don’t know who Ben Neimann is.

Touché all true…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose