Worst offense I've ever seen

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And Wide receivers, other than #11, and Running backs. And the Tight ends aren't that great either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And Wide receivers, other than #11, and Running backs. And the Tight ends aren't that great either.

Disagree to a point. Our QB/OL play reduces the opportunities for any of our skill positions to shine.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Disagree to a point. Our QB/OL play reduces the opportunities for any of our skill positions to shine.

I disagree. Our WRs are almost never open. The 49er DBs were draped all over them all night. Same thing every week. Then our QBs compound it by making errant throws in the few instances one of our receivers does manage to separate himself from a DB or even a LB for that matter.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I disagree. Our WRs are almost never open. The 49er DBs were draped all over them all night. Same thing every week. Then our QBs compound it by making errant throws in the few instances one of our receivers does manage to separate himself from a DB or even a LB for that matter.

Our WRs seperate because they run good routes, but the problem is it takes them time to do so because they are not fast. I will agree our WRs are diminished because their size is diminished by our inability to block long enough for their routes to develop and the our QBs inability to take shots down the field when they do.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't understand that when you have an offensive line that has trouble blocking any kind of play why you insist on calling running plays that take forever to execute a block. Some of the running plays took so long to develop.
The offensive play calling in the game was worse than atrocious. I must say that the screen passes did truly surprise me. I was distressed by the fact that the wrs dropped so many passes early in the game and then the game was out of control before they knew what happened. No excuse for getting both hands on the ball and not catching it.

Last edited:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that this is the worst offense I've ever seen, but it's the worst I've seen since the 92 Seahawks in all their 8.75 points-per-game glory.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our WRs seperate because they run good routes, but the problem is it takes them time to do so because they are not fast. I will agree our WRs are diminished because their size is diminished by our inability to block long enough for their routes to develop and the our QBs inability to take shots down the field when they do.
So why did we draft another possession wide receiver?

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that this is the worst offense I've ever seen, but it's the worst I've seen since the 92 Seahawks in all their 8.75 points-per-game glory.
The Cards are averaging 9 points a game in their last 4 games. :rolleyes:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
C'mon, guys. This isn't even the worst CARDINAL offense that we've ever seen. Derek Anderson and Max Hall started games for this team.

Also, I refuse to believe that any offense could be the worst you've ever seen when most everyone here has seen an offense shepherded by Jimmy Clausen.

Is that guy even in the NFL anymore? Can't we trade for him just so I'll feel good about the guy under center getting whacked over and over again? What could the Panthers possibly want for him?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't even begin to describe the ineptitude of this offense...from throwing the ball short of the sticks continually, to running routes half assed, to dropping balls that are in the hands and putting balls in the dirt in front of open receivers...this is just a horrific display of football. Sigh.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
C'mon, guys. This isn't even the worst CARDINAL offense that we've ever seen. Derek Anderson and Max Hall started games for this team.

Also, I refuse to believe that any offense could be the worst you've ever seen when most everyone here has seen an offense shepherded by Jimmy Clausen.

Is that guy even in the NFL anymore? Can't we trade for him just so I'll feel good about the guy under center getting whacked over and over again? What could the Panthers possibly want for him?

I am pretty sure all he does now are those tiny hands Burger King commercials.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Worst offense I have ever seen. Wow. The utter lack of talent on the OL and at QB is amazing.

Not so-----because when Kurt Warner operated it, it was pretty good. What might me more toward the truth, is that this might be the worst offense to try an operate with the QB's and the OL personnel we currently have. Maybe we would have more success if we tailored the offensive scheme more to the skill level of its players, instead of constantly doing the same thing over and over while hoping for better results. Kurt Warner is not here anymore to run this offense, and these players are not capable of doing what he was capable of doing. It's far past time to scrap the old system and build one that these guys are capable of running.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

2010 team didn't have a 4 game stretch where they only scored 36 points. Have to go back to 2000 to find a match. That team scored only 33 points over the last 4 games of the season and were the worst team to ever suit up in Arizona.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

When the other team only has to rush 4 to get good pressure on the QB it allows them to drop 7 into coverage so it is harder to get open even if you send 5 out, its still a 7 on 5 situation.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Agreed.

This offensive is so bad, it is epic.

When do we put in the 2nd team'ers, cause seriously ? We know what we don't have with the current line.

We have 10 offensive linemen on the roster. We better look at all 10 players BEFORE the offseason, cause that whole unit needs to be overhauled.

If this organization doesn't find the need to overhaul the offensive line, then this organization is throwing in the towel for AT LEAST this season, next season, and maybe even the season after.

The fans will be wise to it by the end of this season, and if not fixed by next season, ticket sales will fall. No one wants to see the Cardinals piss away Fitz's final years in his prime, and the best defense ever to be seen in the desert.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed.

When do we put in the 2nd team'ers, cause seriously ? We know what we don't have with the current line.

We have 10 offensive linemen on the roster. We better look at all 10 players BEFORE the offseason, cause that whole unit needs to be overhauled.

If this organization doesn't find the need to overhaul the offensive line, then this organization is throwing in the towel for AT LEAST this season, next season, and maybe even the season after.

The fans will be wise to it by the end of this season, and if not fixed by next season, ticket sales will fall. No one wants to see the Cardinals piss away Fitz's final years in his prime, and the best defense ever to be seen in the desert.

When do we put in our 2nd teamers?? Who do you think is playing. At RB, we have our 3rd stringers playing. We lost both of our OT's before the season even started & played a rookie on the interior last night. Kolb clearly differentiated himself as the starter & he's gone also. I understand it sucks to look bad on MNF, but NO team could sustain the injuries we have & not be horribly affected.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When do we put in our 2nd teamers?? Who do you think is playing. At RB, we have our 3rd stringers playing. We lost both of our OT's before the season even started & played a rookie on the interior last night. Kolb clearly differentiated himself as the starter & he's gone also. I understand it sucks to look bad on MNF, but NO team could sustain the injuries we have & not be horribly affected.

Ohrnberger? This is his 4th NFL season. I don't think Bridges was slated to start at OT this year. But that aside you are correct there is just no way the Cards can compete with half their offensive weapons in the training room.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ohrnberger? This is his 4th NFL season. I don't think Bridges was slated to start at OT this year. But that aside you are correct there is just no way the Cards can compete with half their offensive weapons in the training room.

Did you see the quote from Dockett in Urban's blog last night? He said the exact same thing. Don't know if he was calling out Greg Toler or Todd Heap, but that was messy.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed.

The fans will be wise to it by the end of this season, and if not fixed by next season, ticket sales will fall. No one wants to see the Cardinals piss away Fitz's final years in his prime, and the best defense ever to be seen in the desert.[/quote

Thats y u trade Fitz to get some help for the O line. By the time we

get a qb and O line Fitz will 33. ( or 40)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is the worst offensive line I've ever seen but the 76/77 Tampa Bay team was the worst offense I've ever seen.

Steve

The 76 Bucs didn't score their first points until week 3(they actually led 6-0 after the 1st quarter). They didn't score their first TD until the 4th quarter of week 4(defensive TD) and didn't score their first offensive TD until late in the 4th quarter of week 4. They were shut out 5 times(in a 14 game season) and scored 10 points or less 8 times. The closest they came to winning was week 6 against fellow expansion team Seattle(13-10). The '77 Bucs went 2-12 but were shut out 6 times. In one 5 game stretch they scored a grand total of 7 points. They scored 10 or less points 11 times(again, 14 game season). In 2 seasons(28 games) they scored 20 or more points 3 times. The irony, they beat us in the final week of the '77 season. Also, their QB during that time? Steve Spurrier. Oh, 2 years after they opened their existence 0-26, they were 9 points from the Super Bowl. But their offensive ineffectiveness gave to a great quote by John McKay when he was asked about the offenses execution, McKay replied, "I'm all for it."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson