Wk 9-Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals pregame thread. 10/31/22-11/5/22

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watch the same game you do and I don’t see him under “constant pressure

You must really hate kyler this is an awful take, maybe time to get those eyes checked Shane.. see attached he’s the one highlighted. Hurried the most by far, while blitzed the least of the top 7 QBs.

Also purposely didn’t show the names as it wouldn’t be surprising who the other QBS are

Attachments

• C4EC083E-6CC6-4B17-929D-8C48A9168A30.png
    C4EC083E-6CC6-4B17-929D-8C48A9168A30.png
    489.1 KB · Views: 7

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also should of expanded it.. he’s been hurried more than any QB in the league..yet you can’t see that he’s under constant pressure???

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must really hate kyler this is an awful take, maybe time to get those eyes checked Shane.. see attached he’s the one highlighted. Hurried the most by far, while blitzed the least of the top 7 QBs.

Also purposely didn’t show the names as it wouldn’t be surprising who the other QBS are

Nahhh my eyes are just fine… His over all pressure % is 19% hardly “constant pressure” many times Kyler takes off when it’s not even necessary. Right about the league average.

He panics often unnecessarily…. @ajcardfan had a good point though there does seem to be 2-3 plays a game where a rusher comes in completely unblocked. Which is maddening.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nahhh my eyes are just fine… His over all pressure % is 19% hardly “constant pressure” many times Kyler takes off when it’s not even necessary. Right about the league average.

He panics often unnecessarily…. @ajcardfan had a good point though there does seem to be 2-3 plays a game where a rusher comes in completely unblocked. Which is maddening.

Wait.. so the QB who most hurried in the league due to pressure isn’t under constant pressure??? Please explain.. so that would mean no QB in the league is under constant pressure and all Olines are adequate in the league today.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Jones has seemed to have difficulty playing on the right side, as did Humphries. It’s a weird issue, but a number of players had extreme side capability, often for some unknown reason.
I have heard some guys say it is really difficult and then some guys seem to not have a problem with the transition, but you are probably right that it could be an issue because at this level the nuances alone can get you beat with the way pass rushers are athletically inclined now

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have heard some guys say it is really difficult and then some guys seem to not have a problem with the transition, but you are probably right that it could be an issue because at this level the nuances alone can get you beat with the way pass rushers are athletically inclined now
I heard Mark Schlerith discussing that a couple of weeks ago. He said it's a real challenge to move from the right side to the left side or vice versa, especially at tackle. He explained how the mind set has to change and the muscle memory changes as well. Seems to be a pretty big difference as to how to play the position on the right vs the left. I'm sure more difficult for some than others. :shrug:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm glad Goodwin is out. He's been pretty good for them lately and we suck against the WR's that aren't the top guys. The WR3 and WR4's and TE's feed on us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah now look at the hits column next door. See if you can work out why one is high and one is low.

Fantasy Pros just takes their data from PFR. And as I've already said, PR say he's 24th most pressured QB in the league.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah now look at the hits column next door. See if you can work out why one is high and one is low.

Fantasy Pros just takes their data from PFR. And as I've already said, PR say he's 24th most pressured QB in the league.
Assuming you are talking about knockdowns and sacks as there is no hits column.. might have something to do w having a QB that runs a 4.3 40 and knowing for all his life he has to avoid hits to survive in the league.

Crazy thought I know Britt.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And fyi FP is subjective and 100% does not factor in the athletic ability of your QB. So your argument is weak based on the facts of how much he is hurried

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait.. so the QB who most hurried in the league due to pressure isn’t under constant pressure??? Please explain.. so that would mean no QB in the league is under constant pressure and all Olines are adequate in the league today.

@Shane is right.

Hurries are just one component of pressure. A hurry is just a pressure that doesn't touch the QB. Having 38 Hurries and only 14 hits is better than Patrick Mahomes who has 25 Hurries but 31 Hits. Or Joe Burrow who has 10 hurries but 29 hits.

Also, you're using an absolute number which doesn't account for how many passing attempts have been made. Which is why it's better to use pressure %.

So Kyler has 38 hurries but he's made 325 passing attempts. Daniel Jones has 28 but he's only made 220. Geno Smith has 27 hits on 249 attempts vs Kyler's 14 on 325.

You're taking a number and using it without context to try prove a point that simply isn't true. And the people who produced that number are the ones saying you're wrong.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard Mark Schlerith discussing that a couple of weeks ago. He said it's a real challenge to move from the right side to the left side or vice versa, especially at tackle. He explained how the mind set has to change and the muscle memory changes as well. Seems to be a pretty big difference as to how to play the position on the right vs the left. I'm sure more difficult for some than others. :shrug:

This is all true but also Jones has had over 2 years to practice at RT now. He should be over it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Assuming you are talking about knockdowns and sacks as there is no hits column.. might have something to do w having a QB that runs a 4.3 40 and knowing for all his life he has to avoid hits to survive in the league.

Crazy thought I know Britt.

Hits/knockdowns are the same thing.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
L
@Shane is right.

Hurries are just one component of pressure. A hurry is just a pressure that doesn't touch the QB. Having 38 Hurries and only 14 hits is better than Patrick Mahomes who has 25 Hurries but 31 Hits. Or Joe Burrow who has 10 hurries but 29 hits.

Also, you're using an absolute number which doesn't account for how many passing attempts have been made. Which is why it's better to use pressure %.

So Kyler has 38 hurries but he's made 325 passing attempts. Daniel Jones has 28 but he's only made 220. Geno Smith has 27 hits on 249 attempts vs Kyler's 14 on 325.

You're taking a number and using it without context to try prove a point that simply isn't true. And the people who produced that number are the ones saying you're wrong.

Lol your takes continue to be hot.. Joey B gets sacked so much bc he holds on to the ball foreeever been his knock since college. I’m a huge Joey B fan but his career will end early unless he develops an internal clock as he’s a statue.

Mahomes too is notorious for trying to extend the play hence his total of sacks.

Lastly I’m sure if I wasted the time to do research on messages on this board I’m sure you and Shane were also prob the crowd on another thread saying sacks aren’t everything in regards to our defensive pressure… believe it was in the Chandler Jones thread

Let’s go on facts pal.. the facts are he’s been hurried more than ANY QB in the league because of pressure. Period.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards Hard Knocks debut might be Geno Smith basically all but ending they season in week 9 lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
L

Lol your takes continue to be hot.. Joey B gets sacked so much bc he holds on to the ball foreeever been his knock since college. I’m a huge Joey B fan but his career will end early unless he develops an internal clock as he’s a statue.

Mahomes too is notorious for trying to extend the play hence his total of sacks.

Lastly I’m sure if I wasted the time to do research on messages on this board I’m sure you and Shane were also prob the crowd on another thread saying sacks aren’t everything in regards to our defensive pressure… believe it was in the Chandler Jones thread

Let’s go on facts pal.. the facts are he’s been hurried more than ANY QB in the league because of pressure. Period.
Shane has never made that silly argument about pressures.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not at their level, of course, but basically all the footwork is reversed. I preferred LT, it just felt better and I felt quicker. RT not so much. I tripped and stumbled more on the right side. Got beat off the line more.

I say it is somewhat like doing something with your strong hand and then it's, "Ok, use nondominate hand." Sure, you can do it. But you don't do it as well.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I was not at their level, of course, but basically all the footwork is reversed. I preferred LT, it just felt better and I felt quicker. RT not so much. I tripped and stumbled more on the right side. Got beat off the line more.

I say it is somewhat like doing something with your strong hand and then it's, "Ok, use nondominate hand." Sure, you can do it. But you don't do it as well.
I heard a guy who played on the o-line make that same comment before just like you, remember now that you mentioned the analogy... thanks!