Wk 8-Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread Oct 25 - Oct 27, 2021

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Weird characterization of hunt and cook

How would you characterize them? Cook is listed at 5' 10" and 210. Hunt is listed at 5' 11" and 216.

Hunt was a little shifty, that's true, but seemed (to my untrained eye), more of a north and south guy. Cook was killing us with wicked cutbacks IIRC.

I guess my point was that we seem to hold up okay at the point of attack in the run game, but backs with with the ability change direction give us more trouble. Perhaps because the slow-footed Jordon Hicks doesn't react well to their movement. I could be wrong.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is wise. Without Adams they have no reliable recievers. I expect cards to win by 2 touchdowns plus as long as we don't let the run game get going.

In the Packers last six games without Adams in the last two years, they’re 6-0. He’s a beast at WR, but Rodgers has shown he’s still incredibly tough to beat with anyone lining up at WR the last couple years.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Packers last six games without Adams in the last two years, they’re 6-0. He’s a beast at WR, but Rodgers has shown he’s still incredibly tough to beat with anyone lining up at WR the last couple years.
The Games:

Dallas (34-24), Detroit (23-22), Oakland (42-24) and Kansas City (31-24) in 2019, and New Orleans (37-20) and Atlanta (30-16) in 2020

Detroit and Oakland were home games

Dallas finished 8-8, Detroit 3-12-1 (Arizona Tie), Oakland 7-9, Chiefs 12-4, Super Bowl Champs
New Orleans 12-4, Atlanta 4-12

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Games:

Dallas (34-24), Detroit (23-22), Oakland (42-24) and Kansas City (31-24) in 2019, and New Orleans (37-20) and Atlanta (30-16) in 2020

Detroit and Oakland were home games

Dallas finished 8-8, Detroit 3-12-1 (Arizona Tie), Oakland 7-9, Chiefs 12-4, Super Bowl Champs
New Orleans 12-4, Atlanta 4-12
Yea, the New Orleans game is the only one I would say is legitimate. Mahomes didn’t even play in that Chiefs game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How would you characterize them? Cook is listed at 5' 10" and 210. Hunt is listed at 5' 11" and 216.

Hunt was a little shifty, that's true, but seemed (to my untrained eye), more of a north and south guy. Cook was killing us with wicked cutbacks IIRC.

I guess my point was that we seem to hold up okay at the point of attack in the run game, but backs with with the ability change direction give us more trouble. Perhaps because the slow-footed Jordon Hicks doesn't react well to their movement. I could be wrong.
Chubb is the power back in Cleveland. Hunt has traditionally been a better receiver with good lateral movement.

Cook is an upright runner with great cutback vision, but he’s anything but a scatback. You don’t see him reversing field multiple times, or breaking ankles or rabbiting out of small boxes. He’s a good vision, cut, and go runner.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am with you here. I thought Butler was going to be an absolute monster for the Cards. Wonder what the roster would look like if the Cards drafted DK in that draft?
Likely the same only with no AJ Green.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We should be fine against Aaron Jones. The closest thing to Jones in the league is Chase Edmonds in my opinion and our D has a bunch of experience against him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if there isn't another GB player or coach on the Covid list today. It's surprising there hasn't been a defensive player with their DC out with it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we drafted DK, I’m not sure we make the Hopkins trade. I mean, Keim never would have turned down the deal that ended up happening, but not sure he would have been actively in the market.
I would hope you're wrong, but we didnt pursue Zach Ertz as hard until Maxx got hurt.

Then again Im not sure DK would have had the instant impact with Kyler like he did with Russ so maybe Keim still makes the move.

Either way its clear that we were missing an outside WR to unlock this offense. Glad AJ Green is doing well. They had a solid plan in place

Hakeem = AJ (current)
Isabella = Rondale Moore

Those guys just werent as ready to contribute as they hoped.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AJ with 4 yards on Thursday will surpass Larry's yardage in 2020 & is averaging over double the yards per catch so far. I know some still had Larry over AJ preseason but it's been a no contest so far tbh
While true Im still of the belief we should have had Larry playing on the outside more. Just moving Kirk to the slot made a huge difference as well. I know Larry didnt have the speed, but it was a better option than having KJ out there.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we drafted DK, I’m not sure we make the Hopkins trade. I mean, Keim never would have turned down the deal that ended up happening, but not sure he would have been actively in the market.
This is what I was thinking as well. I was also upset (at the time!) when the Patriots took Harry with their pick in the 1st because Cards were most likely taking him with their 1st pick in the 2nd round. So glad that it all went the way it did. This year has been so much fun to be a Cards fan (so far :))

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave