Wk 8-Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings Pregame thread. 10/21/22-10/29/22

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmmm... the Vikes are five and one including losing by 17 to PHI. They are obviously good although they don't look like juggernauts.

I fear for our defense vs. Dalvin Cook and Cousins. Cook was unstoppable last year when we played them. Cousins is the type of pocket QB that usually carves up VJs zones like a Christmas ham.

Not quite ready to concede this one though. If we can run the ball for a 140 like we did against NO, it will help keep Cook and Cousins off the field, and will give us a puncher's chance. Hopefully K2 starts one of the young RBs and brings Conner of the bench, the way the football god always intended for it to be.

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't know that we'll get road-stomped, but it seems that everytime we go there it's a painful, annoying loss and we have to hear that stupid Viking horn blare incessantly. I have no faith in KK getting this team ready to play, but I'm not totally sold on the Vikes either. I know...our kicker will blow it (not exactly going out on a limb with this prediction, am I?).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how often is it that a team coming off a Thur game plays a team coming off a bye in its next game?

I was thinking at least we get extra time to prepare and then I realized they got 2 weeks to prepare for us.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm wondering how often is it that a team coming off a Thur game plays a team coming off a bye in its next game?

I was thinking at least we get extra time to prepare and then I realized they got 2 weeks to prepare for us.
Yeah this is super annoying. Instead of being the more rested team, they will be itching to see the field.

Could be a very, very physical game.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need a consistent pass rusher. Throw the draft to Burns.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an intriguing game that will really tell us where the Cards are going.

We are 3 - 4 but those wins are against 1-4 Raiders, 1-5 Panthers and 2-5 Saints. Hardly good opponents.

The Vikings are 5-1 but their wins have been against the Saints (only by 3), the 2-4 Bears (by 7), the 3-3 Dolphins with a 3rd string QB (by 8), the 1-4 Lions (by 4) and they stomped a bad Green Bay team on the opening day.

So the Vikings record is deceiving. They are in a bad division and they played some bad teams to get where they are and the bad teams they beat weren't by much.

I think the game is more evenly matched than the record suggest. The Vikings are also coming off a bye week with a new head coach and it's always a coin toss how teams react after a bye.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully Kliff continues to move his WRs around & incorporate a lot of Pre-Snap motion just like he did against New Orleans. I’ll give him credit for that. I remember a few posters questioned if Kyler was the reason for that. Clearly, it was not & Kliff just being stubborn.

Keep it up.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We of course have a shot if we show up and execute, we had no shot against the eagles either right? Just depends if our HC has everyone ready to play. Hopefully not too many vet days off and actually has a gameplan specifically for the Vikings. I swear he just runs the same vanilla ass game plan out against everyone. Maybe his contract needs a homework clause ha. Hopefully we have some Olinemen back and Eno gets some carries, I have a feeling KKs loyalty to Connor is gonna keep feeding JC even if the production isn’t there. Great short yardage back but not much more than that looks slow and plodding, we need the burst of the other backs. Need to run some deep routes but not sure our line can provide enough time for them to develop.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose