Wk 8-Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings Pregame thread. 10/21/22-10/29/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about this season is everyone but the Eagles sucks in the NFC. And we should have beat the Eagles!

Yes the Giants are 5-1 and the Cowboys are 5-2 and the Vikings are 5-1 but a lot of the wins have been close or vs bad teams. None of them have looked real contenders.

The usual contenders like Packers, Bucs, Rams and Saints have all sucked.

Had we started this season like last season we would be clear NFC superbowl favorites.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about this season is everyone but the Eagles sucks in the NFC. And we should have beat the Eagles!

Yes the Giants are 5-1 and the Cowboys are 5-2 and the Vikings are 5-1 but a lot of the wins have been close or vs bad teams. None of them have looked real contenders.

The usual contenders like Packers, Bucs, Rams and Saints have all sucked.

Had we started this season like last season we would be clear NFC superbowl favorites.
Cowboys defense is elite and have been playing with a backup QB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I assume this is because of the reads the WR has to make?

Seems like if CMC can play like 3 days after a trade that with this long we should be able to put stuff in for Anderson especially since he played for Jefferson before. So I think this goes to how complex the offense is for WR's they have to decide do I run short of the sticks to the right side, or the left side.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cowboys defense is elite and have been playing with a backup QB.

They got stomped by the Bucs and Eagles. They beat a bad Commanders, a bad Lions, a Bengals team that was struggling early (by only 3) and a struggling Rams. Their best win is against the Giants and they haven't scored more than 25 in a game. They only put 24 on the worst defense in the league.

I agree their D is good but overall they aren't great. Well beatable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I assume this is because of the reads the WR has to make?

Seems like if CMC can play like 3 days after a trade that with this long we should be able to put stuff in for Anderson especially since he played for Jefferson before. So I think this goes to how complex the offense is for WR's they have to decide do I run short of the sticks to the right side, or the left side.

I don't really believe Kliff. I expect Anderson to play at least 30 snaps.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They got stomped by the Bucs and Eagles. They beat a bad Commanders, a bad Lions, a Bengals team that was struggling early (by only 3) and a struggling Rams. Their best win is against the Giants and they haven't scored more than 25 in a game. They only put 24 on the worst defense in the league.

Think the first game can hold judgment. It wasn't "stomp," we were stomped in week 1. Eagles wasn't a "stomp," but it was the Eagles.

Again, most SB teams arnt world beaters for the entire year. There was a point last year where the Rams may not even make the playoffs.

They got elite defense and if offense gets back on track, as we've seen, they are a force.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a wired season so far. Halfway through and there’s only 10 teams with winning records. Any given Sunday indeed.
Vikings 35
Cards. 21
Final score will look closer than the game was Is my guess.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Think it’s hilarious you just completely missed the “backup QB” part.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Think it’s hilarious you just completely missed the “backup QB” part.
One could argue that the backup QB is actually better than Dak, so there's that.
I think the Cowboys are all smoke and mirrors like every year. Yes, the defense is good but they are not as good as the record indicates. They should have lost several games while Rush was QB.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Big Red hasn’t won in Minny since 1977! Yep that’s right 1977 & I still remember watching that thrashing that day.

Hey we snapped a 8 game losing streak sooo maybe we’ve got a small chance lol.
Thanks for posting that. I tried to think about when was the last time we won there and I couldn’t remember.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson