Wk 8-Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings Pregame thread. 10/21/22-10/29/22

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamal Adams went for two 1st’s. All it takes is a desperate/dumb team.

I don’t think he believes that it wasn’t offered I think he believes that it’s fake because Carolina wouldn’t except 2 first rounders…..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Big Red hasn’t won in Minny since 1977! Yep that’s right 1977 & I still remember watching that thrashing that day.

Hey we snapped a 8 game losing streak sooo maybe we’ve got a small chance lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A shade under 30 sacks in 4.4 seasons is a “top pass rusher” ????

3.4 seasons. This is his 4th year.

I like Burn potential but he's never had 10 sacks in what has been a good defense. He's not even been Haason Reddick.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Big Red hasn’t won in Minny since 1977! Yep that’s right 1977 & I still remember watching that thrashing that day.

I was there in the 1998 playoff game when we got manhandled by Denny Green, Randall Cunningham, Robert Smith, Chris Carter, and Randy Moss. Damn it was cold (even indoors)! Shout out to @Jttsaz

I was also at the playoff game the week before in Dallas - much more fun.

Really appreciate Kwamie Lassiter (RIP), who gave me tickets to both games.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Eno and Ingram have showed enough to help get Conner back to the role he should be playing.
Complementary RB - great at short yardage, goal line, and 3rd down receiving.

I would imaging Cody Ford will also help create some more holes for Conner/inside runs.
I am genuinely excited about Ford. I was not a fan about any of our guards - including Pugh. Just a weak, weak interior. Having two bruisers in Hernandez and Ford, I think gives us a more formidable interior line. Just wish Hudson could get healthy.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Man, 77 Bucky.... was Jim Hart still our QB1 that year? That was post the "Air Coryell" era... Must have been... Good stuff.. It was probably post-Fran Tarkenton for the Vikes too..

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those interested PFF grades for the Saints game.

Definitely looks like a defensive win. Most of the front 7 played well. CB's not so much. Nice to see Zaven and Cam Thomas here and Eno on offense.

Top Defense

B. Niemann 86.7 (24)
Z. Allen 79.4 (60)
B. Baker 78.8 (72)
L. Fotu 75.7 (28)
V. Dimukeje 75.5 (32)
J. Luketa 75.1 (5)
Z. Collins 72.4 (72)
J. Thompson 71.4 (72)
C. Thomas 70.6 (24)
R. Lawrence 69.8 (4)

Top Offense

E. Benjamin 84.9 (48)
K. Murray 73.3 (65)
J. Jones 67.7 (5)
K. Beachum 67.3 (65)
K. Ingram 65.4 (19)
D.J. Humphries 65.0 (61)
D. Hopkins 64.0 (60)
M. Garcia 63.1 (13)
C. Clement 60.0 (1)
W. Hernandez 58.8 (65)

Others

M. Golden 67.9 (53)
A. Hamilton 62.8 (35)
I. Simmons 59.9 (54)
J.J. Watt 58.2 (60)
M. Wilson 57.9 (56)
B. Murphy 54.2 (72)
R. Anderson 54.4 (12)
B. Price 53.2 (65)
C. Ford 41.7 (52)

Price and Ford had good pass blocking grades put poor run blocking. Not surprising in first games in a new scheme.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Broncos need to start recouping pics they lost in the Wilson fleecing. They need to accept full rebuild status. Seattle pulled off the most one sided trade of the decade.
Agree 100%. On top of that, they made another boneheaded HC choice. They should fire Elway, and sell off whatever decent players they have & stock up on picks. They may be horrible, but that will then allow them to fire Hackett & start completely over. Elway absolutely needs to go.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was there in the 1998 playoff game when we got manhandled by Denny Green, Randall Cunningham, Robert Smith, Chris Carter, and Randy Moss. Damn it was cold (even indoors)! Shout out to @Jttsaz

Remember that game well. Vikings piped in fake noise & ratcheted it up whenever the Cardinals had the ball. As typical of Cardinal football, we fell well behind early & then matched them score for score when the game was over. Then the Vikings do what they normally do & choked big time against Atlanta in the NFC championship game the following week in Minneapolis.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HUGE game next week in MN. If the Cardinals can find a W here, we have a shot a winning the NFCW. They would be 2-0 with Hop back & confidence with this team seems to go a long way because KK doesn’t inspire anyone in that locker room to play well. Get Ford ready to be our starter the rest of the way & get Anderson a ton of practice reps. We absolutely need another WR to actually produce once teams start to focus entirely on Hop. If Conner comes back, make sure his touches don’t exceed 55%. Sprinkle in Eno AND Ingram. Get the ball into Ingram’s hands out of the backfield. Kid is elusive. And start using McBride more. Get more practice reps for Jones at RT & get him in there the next time Beachum gets abused. It won’t be easy beating MN on the road, but being 5-1, and coming off their bye, I’m sure their heads are swollen and ripe for a typical Viking letdown. Here is exactly when you need to have strong leadership from your HC. Unfortunately, we will never get that, so it’s incumbent on Hop & Watt to get this team ready.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kliff finally realizing moving his WRs around is actually a good thing?
I sure hope so.. he still got out play called by Saints last week.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100%. On top of that, they made another boneheaded HC choice. They should fire Elway, and sell off whatever decent players they have & stock up on picks. They may be horrible, but that will then allow them to fire Hackett & start completely over. Elway absolutely needs to go.
Front office
  • Owners – Walton-Penner Family Ownership Group
  • CEO – Greg Penner
  • President – Damani Leech
  • General manager – George Paton
  • Assistant general manager – Darren Mougey
  • Director of player personnel – Reed Burckhardt
  • Director of pro personnel – A. J. Durso
  • Executive director of football operations – Kelly Kleine
  • Vice president of football administration – Rich Hurtado
  • Vice president of football operation and compliance – Mark Thewes
  • Vice president of player development – Ray Jackson
  • Director of college scouting – Brian Stark
  • Senior personnel executive – Roman Phifer
  • Assistant director of college scouting – Nick Schiralli

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score

Yeah...it was cold as hell that day!!! I remember we ran into Bill Bidwill Sr!! We also hung out with Jake Plummer's parents and brother. It was a tough game but still a great experience!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is shades of BA moving an older Fitz around, including the slot, to maximize his playmaking ability and open up the offense.

I don't think it's that.

I think this is Kliff doing all he can to get the offense firing better.

I'd like to see him try Green in the slot. See if we can wring some life out of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson