Wk 8-Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings Pregame thread. 10/21/22-10/29/22

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna be sad when Conner comes back to plod it up.

Advance stats say Eno is averaging .35 yards over expected per carry, Conner is averaging -.53 over expected. The odd thing is if you look at their stats they also have a stats for yards wasted during the run and Conner, a straight ahead power RB, has one of the worst rates of yards wasted because he tries to bounce runs sometimes and virtually never makes it work.

Love the guys heart but I think they need to continue to make Eno the primary guy

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We of course have a shot if we show up and execute, we had no shot against the eagles either right? Just depends if our HC has everyone ready to play. Hopefully not too many vet days off and actually has a gameplan specifically for the Vikings. I swear he just runs the same vanilla ass game plan out against everyone. Maybe his contract needs a homework clause ha. Hopefully we have some Olinemen back and Eno gets some carries, I have a feeling KKs loyalty to Connor is gonna keep feeding JC even if the production isn’t there. Great short yardage back but not much more than that looks slow and plodding, we need the burst of the other backs. Need to run some deep routes but not sure our line can provide enough time for them to develop.
We also have a shot if KM shows up and executes. If he does, and if everything you hope happens does as well, we have a good shot. If not, we have a very low chance of victory.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe this. Two 1st's for a guy that's never got double digit sacks? They would snatch their hand off.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Gonna be sad when Conner comes back to plod it up.

I think Eno and Ingram have showed enough to help get Conner back to the role he should be playing.
Complementary RB - great at short yardage, goal line, and 3rd down receiving.

I would imaging Cody Ford will also help create some more holes for Conner/inside runs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Outside of Kelce, the defense has held everyone’s best receiving option in check. Including Kupp & Adams who is right there with Jefferson. If someone else eats us alive, it’ll be somebody else.
I don’t know, Jefferson is a freaking beast of another design. I think the only time he’s been held back is when cousins is failing. He is ALWAYS open.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Advanced stats. I watch the games.
I think the rest of us do as well. Even on Conners best runs, he's almost always leaving yards on the field.

I'd use him as a situationally runner, pass blocker, and receiver. He's pretty good in those situations

But Eno needs 1st and 10 carries, not Conner. I'd honestly rather see Keaontay get 1st and 10 carries over Conner.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know, Jefferson is a freaking beast of another design. I think the only time he’s been held back is when cousins is failing. He is ALWAYS open.
He got held in check by Darius Slay & that was more so Darius than Kirk. Also got held in check by Jeff Okudah as well.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A shade under 30 sacks in 4.4 seasons is a “top pass rusher” ????
Chandler Jones had 36 in his 1st 4 years. Burns is just 6 games into his 4th year with 29.5. He could easily end up with as much or more than what CJ had.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He got held in check by Darius Slay & that was more so Darius than Kirk. Also got held in check by Jeff Okudah as well.
Slay did a good job on him. But slay is maybe the top corner at present. Okudah didn’t do much, that was cousins. I watch all the Vikings games because I’ve got cook and theilein on fantasy teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson