WK 4-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread Sept 27 - Oct 2, 2021

Corbin

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Welcome.

I think that until the Cardinals break through and beat a McVay coached team, we should all expect a loss.

The Rams hadn't added Stafford, I'd say the Cardinals should win the game. Stafford has exceeded all expectations, so I expect the Rams to win by 10+.

I've read what the fans over at Rams On Demand are saying, and its clear none of them have really watched much of Murray. He's grown tremendously since he was drafted and has gotten alot better than he was last year. He is so much better at staying in the pocket and stepping into throws. Hes also barely running now.

You might notice that Hopkins numbers are down, but this is a function of the Cardinals legitimately having four good WRs to catch the ball. Kirk has been tremendous from the slot, Green is making Green type plays, and Rondale Moore looks like a future star.

I'm concerned with the OL health, but the backups played pretty well last week. The running game has been only OK.

On defense look out for Isaiah Simmons. Hes really come on and played pretty well at LB. Watt hasn't made many stat sheet plays, but his impact is obvious when you watch. Byron Murphy has stepped up this year and looks like a top corner. Rookie Marco Wilson looks like he can be a good CB too. And the Safety tandem of Baker and Jalen Thompson are really good.

Honestly when I looked over the depth of the Rams roster, I think the Cardinals are better at quite a few positions, but the difference is that Donald is just so dominant that he makes the Rams around him better.

Hey thank you! Appreciate it!

I agree with a lot you stated, thinking a two score plus game is more than likely. That said, these coaches are all friends and I’d expect Kingsbury to show things he’s saved and prepared in the off season. He knows he needs to at least split with us to put you in a better position at the end of the year. I think the game in AZ will be closer than alot of people think tbh.

I know alot at ROD haven’t watched Murray, he’s become a damn good pocket passer this year, although national media idiots talk about him like he is a rookie still and plays the same. He’s obviously been talked to and worked with to become a pocket passer and develop himself more. I love watching him play, but I cringe when he runs or takes a shot, he’s a small dude.

I really think you guys set off the NFC West twitchy WR draft last year taking R Moore, the Seagulls took Eskridge, which in turn I think McVay felt he had to take TuTu Atwell, which I’m pissed about still, something on ROD they are butthurt at me mentioning anything except he’s going to be a ProBowler. Smh ‍♂️
I like Róndale in your offense, and what you did in bringing in Greeen and having Kirk.

I look forward to watching who starts on your OL and how they play. Also your CB’s as you mentioned with no more PP, curious how they continue the season.

What are you feeling son the job Steve Kevin is doing?

Cheers!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hey thank you! Appreciate it!

I agree with a lot you stated, thinking a two score plus game is more than likely. That said, these coaches are all friends and I’d expect Kingsbury to show things he’s saved and prepared in the off season. He knows he needs to at least split with us to put you in a better position at the end of the year. I think the game in AZ will be closer than alot of people think tbh.

I know alot at ROD haven’t watched Murray, he’s become a damn good pocket passer this year, although national media idiots talk about him like he is a rookie still and plays the same. He’s obviously been talked to and worked with to become a pocket passer and develop himself more. I love watching him play, but I cringe when he runs or takes a shot, he’s a small dude.

I really think you guys set off the NFC West twitchy WR draft last year taking R Moore, the Seagulls took Eskridge, which in turn I think McVay felt he had to take TuTu Atwell, which I’m pissed about still, something on ROD they are butthurt at me mentioning anything except he’s going to be a ProBowler. Smh ‍♂️
I like Róndale in your offense, and what you did in bringing in Greeen and having Kirk.

I look forward to watching who starts on your OL and how they play. Also your CB’s as you mentioned with no more PP, curious how they continue the season.

What are you feeling son the job Steve Kevin is doing?

Cheers!
I think that Keim has mostly run the Cardinals into the ground. Hes been mostly bad at drafting and doesn't get the best value. Hes pretty damn good at getting big value in the trade market and in finding cheap vets. This years draft looks like it could be a real good one though.

What I fear about Keim is that his model for team building is unsustainable. This coming offseason the Cardinals will have to replace quite a few free agents and Murray will be up for his new contract.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t we pick him up off the street when he got cut? How good can he be? Our OL doesn’t look worse because of Murray. He makes them look much better than they actually are.
This O-Line has given Kyler ALL DAY for the overwhelming majority of this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a game where I think peak Zaven Collins could be the difference. The guy we saw at Tulsa that was the complete package.

Vance has always struggled with covering the Rams and good coverage linebackers would make a huge difference. Simmons will help of course but its a shame Collins isn't up to speed yet.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is a game where I think peak Zaven Collins could be the difference. The guy we saw at Tulsa that was the complete package.

Vance has always struggled with covering the Rams and good coverage linebackers would make a huge difference. Simmons will hell of course but its a shame Collins isn't up to speed yet.
Hicks will get exposed like someone taking a shower in a glass house.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JMO, but it seems that SK is getting better at drafting. Better, not great. Consider, Murray, Kirk, Moore, Simmons, Collins, Murphy, (Hopkins/Hudson) acquired with draft picks, the LB who signed with Carolina (brain cramp), Baker (?), Wilson, Jones (jury is still out) and Gardeck (an eighth rounder). Not too bad.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This O-Line has given Kyler ALL DAY for the overwhelming majority of this season.
The Vikings had Murray on the run often, but yes, in the other two games the OL has given Murray enough time. That's not my point. My point is that Beachum is vastly overrated by people on this board. His feet are slow & the better pass rushers abuse him. The Cardinals also get predictable, because they seldom run to his side in critical situations. I'd rather have Jones there & have Kugler continue to coach him up. We've gotten as much out of Beachum as we're going to. Let's see how much better Jones can get.

Stout

Reaction score
JMO, but it seems that SK is getting better at drafting. Better, not great. Consider, Murray, Kirk, Moore, Simmons, Collins, Murphy, (Hopkins/Hudson) acquired with draft picks, the LB who signed with Carolina (brain cramp), Baker (?), Wilson, Jones (jury is still out) and Gardeck (an eighth rounder). Not too bad.

I think you're not quite sure how drafting works. Trading away draft capital doesn't equate to drafting well, even if they are good trades. Also, UDFA's aren't drafted. Besides that, he's missed and completely whiffed on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than he's hit on, and his average is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below other GM's. This year's looks decent--the 1st rounder isn't working out yet, but the 4th looks like a gem and the 2nd looks good so far. But, also, that's only so far. And even if this year's draft pans out well, he'll have to go a looooooooooong way to making up for a lot of bad drafts.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FYI, drafting is HOW you use your draft picks. Some times you use them to draft players some times you use them to acquire players. And that's how drafting works. Surprised you didn't know that.

Stout

Reaction score
IMO, drafting is HOW you use your draft picks. Some times you use them to draft players some times you use them to acquire players. And that's how drafting works. Surprised you didn't know that.
FTFY because it's not FYI when you use definitions incorrectly. Drafting means you are actually, ya know, DRAFTING. It's a verb that doesn't include trading. What you are talking about clearly isn't drafting, because we didn't draft Hudson; we traded for him. What you mean to reference is utilizing draft capital, trading using draft capital, etc. Two very different things. Although the Hudson trade was a good one, it also represents Keim's failure to draft and develop a center, wasting draft capital doing so, and having to lessen his draft capital to fix that failure.

Keim has been good at trades. I'll certainly give him that. He hasn't been good at drafting, though. Two distinct parts of his job. I'd much rather he be better at drafting, then we wouldn't need him to trade away picks.

I'm glad we landed Hudson. I'd rather have a solid center AND have had our 3rd-rounder, but I'm glad we did land Hudson.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Thankyou Slani,

Honestly I feel we are going to win, probably 2 scores maybe 3. Not being cocky or degrading to you guys but I feel how we’ve played D since the transition of the Fisher era we have the answer I grained in us vs. a mobile QB.

If you remember from 2012 Capernick and Wilson were the big things and Fisher built our D to specifically contain those type of QB’s, but we’d get throttled by AFC and other NFC teams to our famous 7-9 records lol smh

I’ll be rooting for you guys the next several weeks especially against the POS Whiners and SeaGulls. I’d prefer you guys win 10 NFC West titles in a row over either one of those bastard teams! Lol

Ps love Kingsberry but he IMO your guys biggest fault is OL. Young,cheap, and doesn’t get hurt. If you shore that up and get a premier RB you guys would be deadly asf.
More than a few have doubts about Kingsbury. He is still learning but has grown. Our offensive stats over the last three years are night and day.
This is probably his best offensive group he’s had during his regime.
We are a threat to put up 30 on anybody. However, we waste timeouts and sometimes we get too cute on play calling. Kyler can turn the wrong play into a td and maybe at times it saves Kingsbury.
I wish Kyler was under center more because our running game is better with him there.
One thing I have noticed is every time we have a big play we have a very hard time getting the next play off. Kind of kills momentum.
Hopefully we will have quite a lot of big plays to work on that ! Lol.
Good luck today. Pray for no injuries on either side.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stout, you're entitled to your opinion, but you haven't convinced me that using picks to acquire players is not part of the draft process. But, I'll settle you're happy we got Hudson, though it sounds like you're not happy we used a pick to get Hopkins.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey Thankyou Slani,

Honestly I feel we are going to win, probably 2 scores maybe 3. Not being cocky or degrading to you guys but I feel how we’ve played D since the transition of the Fisher era we have the answer I grained in us vs. a mobile QB.

If you remember from 2012 Capernick and Wilson were the big things and Fisher built our D to specifically contain those type of QB’s, but we’d get throttled by AFC and other NFC teams to our famous 7-9 records lol smh

I’ll be rooting for you guys the next several weeks especially against the POS Whiners and SeaGulls. I’d prefer you guys win 10 NFC West titles in a row over either one of those bastard teams! Lol

Ps love Kingsberry but he IMO your guys biggest fault is OL. Young,cheap, and doesn’t get hurt. If you shore that up and get a premier RB you guys would be deadly asf.
Not being cocky or degrading to you, but your prediction was off by nearly 40 points.

Will be rooting for you against the Seahawks though!!

Corbin

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not being cocky or degrading to you, but your prediction was off by nearly 40 points.

Will be rooting for you against the Seahawks though!!
Hell of a game won by you guys! Unlike most that give no credit, we got our ass whooped today! Your D kept us out of sync on O, very physical. On Offense, you exploited what I been calling a weak Raheem Morris cover 2 tendency defense. Hell of a game!

Honestly I was feeling this game when we played you in AZ not this week! Lol A lot of Ram fans discounted you like the same ol same ol. I knew from McVay punking Kingsbury and all the losses since that this was building for Kingsbury.

McVay does this for Seattle and Whiner games or against others that have humiliated him before.

Ps 2 or 3 scores isn’t 40 plus points

P.s.s beat those pos Whiners next week!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hell of a game won by you guys! Unlike most that give no credit, we got our ass whooped today! Your D kept us out of sync on O, very physical. On Offense, you exploited what I been calling a weak Raheem Morris cover 2 tendency defense. Hell of a game!

Honestly I was feeling this game when we played you in AZ not this week! Lol A lot of Ram fans discounted you like the same ol same ol. I knew from McVay punking Kingsbury and all the losses since that this was building for Kingsbury.

McVay does this for Seattle and Whiner games or against others that have humiliated him before.

Thanks for being cool.

I felt from reading Rams fans comments that they we completely out of touch with the Cardinals roster.

The Cardinals ARE the better team right now. It was proven today.

I was at the game and was not impressed by the fans. It wasn't really loud at all.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I told you if you guys didn't play your "A" game and we did we be there in the end. Our guys did, your guys didn't.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Classy and good luck to you the rest of the way except when playing us.

Stout

Reaction score
Stout, you're entitled to your opinion, but you haven't convinced me that using picks to acquire players is not part of the draft process. But, I'll settle you're happy we got Hudson, though it sounds like you're not happy we used a pick to get Hopkins.
You kidding? I'm THRILLED we got Hop for what we gave up. Insanely good trade. Trading picks as part of the draft process? I'll definitely agree with you there. Not the same as actual drafting, though.