WK 4-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread Sept 27 - Oct 2, 2021

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If you want to bet on Cards going to or winning the super bowl, maybe it's best to best before tomorrow's game. If we should win at L.A. the odds will go down considerably. Right now I believe you can get +2500. It was +4800 at beginning of the season.

I remember a co-worker who bet the '69 Mets to win the world series at 100-1 odds before the season. He won 10,000 dollars, which is like $75,000 today. He threw a huge office party.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Whats going on Gents? Rams fan here and excited for our game against you this Sunday! I’m curious to see how banged up your o-line is for the game. I’m a huge fan of Zaven and wanted him to fall by some miracle to us in the draft! Lol

I’ve been going to Cardinal vs Ram games in PHX since the ASU stadium days. I liked it better then! Big cheap beers! Lol I been wearing my Warner Rams jersey to your games as it seems most Cardinal fans are forgiving since it’s a Kurt jersey!

I see a lot of good takes here from some of you, and some…. Well…. Let me share whatever you are smoking! Lol Good luck and hope I hope no injuries for either side!
Welcome.

I think that until the Cardinals break through and beat a McVay coached team, we should all expect a loss.

The Rams hadn't added Stafford, I'd say the Cardinals should win the game. Stafford has exceeded all expectations, so I expect the Rams to win by 10+.

I've read what the fans over at Rams On Demand are saying, and its clear none of them have really watched much of Murray. He's grown tremendously since he was drafted and has gotten alot better than he was last year. He is so much better at staying in the pocket and stepping into throws. Hes also barely running now.

You might notice that Hopkins numbers are down, but this is a function of the Cardinals legitimately having four good WRs to catch the ball. Kirk has been tremendous from the slot, Green is making Green type plays, and Rondale Moore looks like a future star.

I'm concerned with the OL health, but the backups played pretty well last week. The running game has been only OK.

On defense look out for Isaiah Simmons. Hes really come on and played pretty well at LB. Watt hasn't made many stat sheet plays, but his impact is obvious when you watch. Byron Murphy has stepped up this year and looks like a top corner. Rookie Marco Wilson looks like he can be a good CB too. And the Safety tandem of Baker and Jalen Thompson are really good.

Honestly when I looked over the depth of the Rams roster, I think the Cardinals are better at quite a few positions, but the difference is that Donald is just so dominant that he makes the Rams around him better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welcome.

I think that until the Cardinals break through and beat a McVay coached team, we should all expect a loss.

The Rams hadn't added Stafford, I'd say the Cardinals should win the game. Stafford has exceeded all expectations, so I expect the Rams to win by 10+.

I've read what the fans over at Rams On Demand are saying, and its clear none of them have really watched much of Murray
. He's grown tremendously since he was drafted and has gotten alot better than he was last year. He is so much better at staying in the pocket and stepping into throws. Hes also barely running now.

You might notice that Hopkins numbers are down, but this is a function of the Cardinals legitimately having four good WRs to catch the ball. Kirk has been tremendous from the slot, Green is making Green type plays, and Rondale Moore looks like a future star.

I'm concerned with the OL health, but the backups played pretty well last week. The running game has been only OK.

On defense look out for Isaiah Simmons. Hes really come on and played pretty well at LB. Watt hasn't made many stat sheet plays, but his impact is obvious when you watch. Byron Murphy has stepped up this year and looks like a top corner. Rookie Marco Wilson looks like he can be a good CB too. And the Safety tandem of Baker and Jalen Thompson are really good.

Honestly when I looked over the depth of the Rams roster, I think the Cardinals are better at quite a few positions, but the difference is that Donald is just so dominant that he makes the Rams around him better.
Or maybe they have and from what they’ve seen (if only watching Rams games) they’re justified as Murray has thrown for less than 190 yards in 3 of 4 games against the Rams. We all know he’s better, but if I were a Rams fan I’d be in the “prove you’re better than what you’ve shown against us” camp.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Starting to get pumped about this one.

I don’t think we’ll necessarily come away with the W but I think it’ll be much closer than most in here seem to think. The Rams are great, yes, but no team is infallible.

Most importantly, I think we’ll be able to learn a lot more about where we’ll need to see improvements over the course of the year to be a true contender.
No team is great after 3 weeks. Rams D is opportunistic, but way overrated. Cardinals have to avoid the big mistakes & this can be anyone’s game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Jaguars game was probably just normal pessimism, but this game is rooted in fact.

Granted, last year the Cardinals did play better against the Rams, but I think it's going to take a huge game for the Cardinals to beat the Rams and after last week, I'm not seeing it.
Entirely different season & Cardinals have brought in the physicality that they so lacked from last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or maybe they have and from what they’ve seen (if only watching Rams games) they’re justified as Murray has thrown for less than 190 yards in 3 of 4 games against the Rams. We all know he’s better, but if I were a Rams fan I’d be in the “prove you’re better than what you’ve shown against us” camp.
My point exactly. They haven't watched much Murray.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Alot of that is Murray dropping back too far.

Beachum is a solid NFL tackle by all metrics.
Didn’t we pick him up off the street when he got cut? How good can he be? Our OL doesn’t look worse because of Murray. He makes them look much better than they actually are.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Didn’t we pick him up off the street when he got cut? How good can he be? Our OL doesn’t look worse because of Murray. He makes them look much better than they actually are.
He does and he doesn't. When Murray runs backwards, he's really not doing the tackles any favors.

He also bails from the pocket when he doesn't have to.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has played 9 years in the NFL. Gotten a couple of nice contracts. We signed him as a free agent last year and then re-signed him for two years after the season. This is because he played well last year.

He isn't All Pro, but he is solid. Played for the Steelers, Jags and Jets before us.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can keep my cool pretty well during the week but now I’m officially hyped!

Cards win 30-27
Nice to have a game like this where all fans are on edge and the eyes of the competition are upon us. The NFL chat shows this week have been talking about this game as much as the Brady Homecoming.

It is a genuine Big Game. A playoff prelude of sorts.

Pressure through the roof. Will tell us a lot about the team.

Corbin

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Welcome. Many of us don’t feel to confident about this game, mainly because of history. Kyler’s a year older, we added some weapons and bulked up our lines.
I don’t think you will slaughter us and if you guys don’t play your “A” game and we do, well then we’ll be in it till the end.
Hey Thankyou Slani,

Honestly I feel we are going to win, probably 2 scores maybe 3. Not being cocky or degrading to you guys but I feel how we’ve played D since the transition of the Fisher era we have the answer I grained in us vs. a mobile QB.

If you remember from 2012 Capernick and Wilson were the big things and Fisher built our D to specifically contain those type of QB’s, but we’d get throttled by AFC and other NFC teams to our famous 7-9 records lol smh

I’ll be rooting for you guys the next several weeks especially against the POS Whiners and SeaGulls. I’d prefer you guys win 10 NFC West titles in a row over either one of those bastard teams! Lol

Ps love Kingsberry but he IMO your guys biggest fault is OL. Young,cheap, and doesn’t get hurt. If you shore that up and get a premier RB you guys would be deadly asf.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose