WK 4-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread Sept 27 - Oct 2, 2021

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This game will come down to how the #2, #3 and #4 WR's do. I think Hop will be neutralized by Ramsey and, in turn, Ramsey will be neutralized by Hop. This leaves Green, Kirk and Moore. Green will likely see more double teams, which means Kirk and Moore will have an opportunity to feast in the slot, with crossing patterns and quick "outs". Maxx can continue being Maxx and just get lost in a close or mid zone, to help keep the chains moving, too.

Also, between TE and RB, there should always be someone available to chip a defender (Donald), still leaving enough receivers available in the pattern.

It's not going to be easy, but if KM plays like the 2nd half against the Jags...takes what the defense gives him and doesn't get greedy...they can matriculate the ball down the field, win TOP, score and possibly win the game, or at least not get the doors blow off.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
7 point dogs??!! .... that was my first thought but then I thought about it.

I'd give the Rams 3 points due to their (let's be honest) superior defense. I'd also give them another 2 points for the home field advantage. Then there's the Head Coach comparison.

I'm not saying our BirdGang can't win though, much the opposite. The lambs just beat Tom Brady, game planning for the Cardinals will be a complete 180, and btw Stafford sucks when he's running for his life.

We have a real chance to lick the slice of pizza known as the NFC West and then put it back in the pizza box.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this is a betting with house money kind of game for the Cards. Further, i love being a road underdog playing a team after they just produced a "statement win".

this game is far more important to the Rams -- you have to win at home vs division opponents.

football karma

Reaction score
one more thing: Football Outsiders says that special teams could be a source of advantage for the Cards:

they are ranked #5 overall, the Rams are ranked #29

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dundar visiting today

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Rams are primed for a letdown after that Bucs game and everybody telling them how great they are. That’s the recipe for an upset and it’s not like the Cards are a slouch.

I’m calling it.

football karma

Reaction score
Are we still ranked #5 after the last fg attempt?
ranking is current

and i have a feeling that the infamous FG attempt will be a recurring topic all season long............

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
7 point dogs??!! .... that was my first thought but then I thought about it.

I'd give the Rams 3 points due to their (let's be honest) superior defense. I'd also give them another 2 points for the home field advantage. Then there's the Head Coach comparison.

I'm not saying our BirdGang can't win though, much the opposite. The lambs just beat Tom Brady, game planning for the Cardinals will be a complete 180, and btw Stafford sucks when he's running for his life.

We have a real chance to lick the slice of pizza known as the NFC West and then put it back in the pizza box.

Disgusting but funny!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one more thing: Football Outsiders says that special teams could be a source of advantage for the Cards:

they are ranked #5 overall, the Rams are ranked #29
Football Outsiders also says that the Cardinals are the #1 team in the entire league by DVOA (not adjusted for opponent) and virtually even with the Rams at #4/#3 with opponent adjustments.

(But fire Kliff & Keim! :rolleyes: :D)

...dave

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we somehow manage to beat them, I’ll be curious to see how many will have us #1 in the power rankings. Man that’s really fun to think about…

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this game will give us a look at:

is the CB combo of Murphy and Wilson simply "ok" or could it be pretty good?

three down LBs in Simmons and Collins -- can they make a difference in defending, especially in zone?

games like these is why Keim got JJ Watt. Can he make Stafford feel his presence?
The Rams are definitely the reason why Watts was brought in. But, not entirely for what he actually does on the football field. The Rams have not only beaten us like a drum, but they have bullied us. Watts was partially brought in to bring a temperament to this team, especially in the trenches. The Rams see us a soft team that they have just been able to beat up like a much younger brother. Even if we don’t win the game, we need to make sure we don’t continue to bring knives to a gun fight. It’s time we responded to these bullies. If and when we have the opportunity to hit Stafford, we better rock his world. No cheap shots, but good solid hits.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For Collins you wish we have seen him flash more in coverage or on the blitz. Which is also a total Vance thing. Send 6'1 236 with 32" arms on the blitz vs 6'5 259 with 33 5/8" arms.
I have so little respect for Joseph. He’s absolutely horrendous. I rewatched the Cardinals game in depth & continuously rewound the tape to watch EVERY big running play that Jax had. Without fail, Hicks was almost always who they ran at. The dude NEVER attempts to plug a gap, and I mean never. He moves side to side & is almost always either held up by an Olineman or too damn slow to make a difference. Wake the hell up Vance!!!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the love of the football gods can K1 go this game without throwing int in beginning drive of 2nd half. Always seems to happen when we in 3rd or short situation when we don't really need to be chucking a bomb down the field

Historically McVay defers so it's likely this won't occur

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to stay away from PFF. Week 2 they had Daniel Jones as the #1 passer. They lost.

I have no idea what happened with COVID but last year they were awful. It was so bad I stopped reading the content despite having a sub

I really feel like they COVID cut their staff and are living on rep now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave