WK 4-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread Sept 27 - Oct 2, 2021

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really wanted a Buck/Aikman game. Oh well.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fun fact on the first three games:

the Cards have faced the #1, #2 and #5 leading rushers from 2020 in Henry, Cook and Robinson

on the schedule for the remainder of the year:

#3 Jonathan Taylor, Indy
#4 Aaron Jones, GB
#5 (tied) David Montgomery, CHI
#7 Nick Chubb, CLE
#11 Ezekiel Elliot, DAL

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
this game will give us a look at:

is the CB combo of Murphy and Wilson simply "ok" or could it be pretty good?

three down LBs in Simmons and Collins -- can they make a difference in defending, especially in zone?

games like these is why Keim got JJ Watt. Can he make Stafford feel his presence?
For Collins you wish we have seen him flash more in coverage or on the blitz. Which is also a total Vance thing. Send 6'1 236 with 32" arms on the blitz vs 6'5 259 with 33 5/8" arms.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Aikman is a frontrunner for the worst NFL analyst on TV.

While I dont like Aqib Taly's high pitched intonation, he provides good insights on playcalls and formations.

Joe Buck and Erin Andrews are really good at what they are doing.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Last season we played terrible with our backup HBack at QB against their backup QB.... and despite it all we could have won.
We know we can play with these guys.
We know we can beat Matt Stafford
We are obviously better this year over last.... in nearly every facet.

How do we Cardinal this for an L?

Crap I’m sorry fellas....

Redbirds 38
Lambs 33

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Sean McVay has never lost to the Cardinals in four years as the Rams’ head coach, winning eight straight against Arizona. Los Angeles has outscored the Cardinals 251-91 in that span, an average margin of victory of 31-11.”

good lord that is beyond ugly… so glad I’ll be on the Beach in the FL. keys during this contest…. Lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Sean McVay has never lost to the Cardinals in four years as the Rams’ head coach, winning eight straight against Arizona. Los Angeles has outscored the Cardinals 251-91 in that span, an average margin of victory of 31-11.”

good lord that is beyond ugly… so glad I’ll be on the Beach in the FL. keys during this contest…. Lol

251-91 over 8 games. Oy gevault!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not ALL bad:
But the Cardinals look better than they have in recent years, leading the league in scoring, ranking third in yards and allowing the 11th-fewest points and yards in the NFL. Kyler Murray is tied with Matthew Stafford as the favorite to win MVP, throwing for 1,005 yards and seven touchdowns with another 70 yards and three touchdowns rushing.
...dave

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cant forget this is Jefferson Bowl II

Jets pulled off the upset over the Rams. Van had 0 catches.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season we played terrible with our backup HBack at QB against their backup QB.... and despite it all we could have won.
We know we can play with these guys.
We know we can beat Matt Stafford
We are obviously better this year over last.... in nearly every facet.

How do we Cardinal this for an L?

Crap I’m sorry fellas....

Redbirds 38
Lambs 33

They didn't have Stafford though they had a backup Qb. Their defense is close to as good as last year their offense is better despite the RB injuries.

We are obviously much better too with Kyler playing and the Wr situation is much better

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, after touching gloves we can run around the ring, land a few jabs, avoid the left hook, right cross, and maybe, just maybe we're still upright at the end.

How about we just meet them in the middle of the ring and punch them in the mouth, and then see how the bully adjusts?

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Which means absolutely nothing this year. Live in the past you will fail in the future. We also use to suck and lose to Seattle. Remember 59-0. Well we have a winning record at Seattle. This game is a toss up period. We have more yards per game and less yards per game defensively. They don’t run the ball very well. We haven’t played a great game offensively yet and avg 34.3 points a game. Lol. We could put 40 up this Sunday I think final is going to be 34-30 us