WK 3-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 9/18/22-9/25/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what’s going to happen Sunday. Part of me feels like a drilling is in the offing as the Rams have manhandled us outside of the game in LA last year when we were en fuego.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is a good point and something we having covered with Kliff.

Why is he running this play to the condensed left side? Any normal play caller would have Green on the left and the bunch on the right where there is more space. And in fact it's why the play fails.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Looks like a busted play to a degree.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I have no idea what’s going to happen Sunday. Part of me feels like a drilling is in the offing as the Rams have manhandled us outside of the game in LA last year when we were en fuego.
I think the Cardinals will struggle against good defenses until Dhop returns. Nobody else on this offense scares defenses with the exception of unscripted Kyler Murray. Average skill players across the board. Zach Ertz is above average but good defenses will take him away IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
One thing I thought after listening to Adam Archuleta say on 98.7:

It was an exceedingly dumb idea to not only ask Simmons to wear the green dot, but to also have him move around. That's double the thinking. If the Cardinals want to use Simmons effectively, they need to scheme very specific tasks on each play for him to do.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They had the ball, with a chance to score to tie/win that 2nd game at home last year, even though they weren't playing well.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually disagree with this. Several coaches seem to be able to minimize his impact. The fact he seems to have no clue how to is kind of troubling to me.
Pretty sure Kingsbury was being cheeky, and showing respect for Donald. He's not going to give away the plan before the game.

...dave

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He should be telling them how terrible Kyler is?
Kliff's "I expect Kyler to play his best game ever" before the Rams playoff game still burns. Sorry.
I actually disagree with this. Several coaches seem to be able to minimize his impact. The fact he seems to have no clue how to is kind of troubling to me.
PFF said it on their podcast after our 2nd game. We basically allowed Donald to dominate Garcia one on one. I do think they'll have a plan this week though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had the ball, with a chance to score to tie/win that 2nd game at home last year, even though they weren't playing well.
Yeah… we were down by what 13 with less than a minute left after the Rams played prevent D and then we got lucky on an onside kick where we promptly crapped the bed. They made a late run after getting dominated the majority of the game. The Rams were laughing at us on the sideline. That game was never in doubt.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah… we were down by what 13 with less than a minute left after the Rams played prevent D and then we got lucky on an onside kick where we promptly crapped the bed. They made a late run after getting dominated the majority of the game. The Rams were laughing at us on the sideline.
1st half was tied. And we left 11 points on the field with bad throws/Donald dominating Garcia.

We also had Hopkins, AJ Green was still really good and Kirk was killing them deep from the slot. So yea its different.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah… we were down by what 13 with less than a minute left after the Rams played prevent D and then we got lucky on an onside kick where we promptly crapped the bed. They made a late run after getting dominated the majority of the game. The Rams were laughing at us on the sideline. That game was never in doubt.
You’re correct. They definitely were in control of that game throughout.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose