WK 3-LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread. 9/18/22-9/25/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish we would start Williams, or even Benjamin, and bring Conner off the bench like last year. I just don't think Conner is a bell cow type back. I think he's at his best when he gets maybe 8 - 10 touches a game.

Last year he would come in the game to spell Chase and would be all super charged and nasty. A battering ram fighting like a demon for every inch. I don't think he can sustain that as a starter. Just my opinion though.
Agreed

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards can win this game. But, they better come out fast and play fast for all 4 quarters. They can't come out like the Keystone Cops the first half against the Rams. There will be no comeback if they do.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams barely beat a very bad Falcons team in Sofi. Rams -4 is about what you would expect. I'll put money on Cards +4

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I remember people saying Hernandez was a terrible signing

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He got rag-dolled on an early rush up the middle. This only makes sense if you love or believe PFF stats, which I do not.

The OL looked better in the second half of the Raiders game; I don't know what changed to take the pressure off.

This play was great. But also there's a receiver open at the start in the back corner of the EZ.

Yes, there certainly was.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember people saying Hernandez was a terrible signing

That was mainly one person… It is early though it could change I’m sure those numbers are gonna drop dramatically after facing Aaron Donald next week

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to stop sucking at home.

On the plus side I reckon we have everyone back next week. Mullen, Hamilton and Rondale.
No Hamilton until week 5.

Hamilton will miss at least the first four games of the season for the Cardinals before he's eligible to return.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will not be putting any money on this game..... it really could go either way. Either team winning big could really propel them as they go forward.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will not be putting any money on this game..... it really could go either way. Either team winning big could really propel them as they go forward.

Ya bet on the Rams

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that poster laughed at you for calling it a home-run. Not merely a good signing.

I said this.

These are just 6 players off the top of my head that were all cheap FA signings that are currently on the team. You can go back and there are plenty more.

And this.
Will Hernandez signed for $1.1 million and looked really good yesterday.

I also said Kiem has made some HR signing.

That poster said Kiem hadn't had any good signing and thought all 6 I mention were poop.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Delance began collegiate career at Texas after earning top-150 overall prospect grades coming out of North Mesquite High School. He played in two games with the Longhorns as a reserve in 2016, and then sat out the 2017 season transferring to Gainesville. Delance played in four games off the bench in 2018 before starting all 25 games at right tackle over the next two seasons (13 in 2019, 12 in 2020). He started 12 of the team's 13 contests at that right tackle spot in 2021. Delance is an excellent musician. He can play the tuba, flute, clarinet, trombone and trumpet. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Three-year starter at right tackle who could see snaps inside for zone scheme offenses. Delance possesses unique length for his size and flashes the ability to weaponize it even though his timing and placement are still a work in progress. He's a smooth athlete but plays with somewhat average instincts and will need technique work to reach his potential. Delance has Day 3 draft potential and could develop into a solid backup with upside.

Strengths
  • Three-year starter with a wingspan of 86 1/2 inches.
  • Has done a good job of reshaping his body over the last year.
  • Fluid and natural working into space as move blocker.
  • Reactive athleticism to adjust to moving targets in space.
  • Sets up with quick, choppy pass slides.
  • Has length to become an effective land-and-latch pass protector.
  • Sorts through add-ons near the line and finds his proper assignment.
Weaknesses
  • Punch timing and accuracy can be hit or miss.
  • Needs to bend knees through his sustain blocks.
  • Plays with average body control getting into his blocks.
  • Takes inefficient angles up to the work-up blocks.
  • Run game technique needs additional work.
  • Gives away inside pathways by over-setting.
  • Average mirror consistency and average anchor.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bears seventh-round 2020 draft pick Lachavious Simmons, an offensive lineman from Tennessee State, recently chatted with ChicagoBears.com about his background, how he's staying in shape during the COVID-19 pandemic and more. Here are five things you should know about the 6-5, 315-pounder:
(1) Simmons was the only player from a historically black college and university (HBCU) selected in this year's NFL Draft.
"I take a lot of pride in that because I'm glad I can continue the tradition of HBCU players getting drafted," Simmons said. "It's an honor to be the only player this year. But there's so much talent at HBCUs. There were plenty of other guys who deserved to be drafted."
This year marked the first time since 2012 that only one HBCU player was drafted. Three were chosen in 2018 and four were picked last year.
Restrictions resulting from the coronavirus certainly didn't help. Due to COVID-19, a Combine for HBCU players scheduled for late March in Miami was canceled. In addition, prospects were prohibited from visiting NFL facilities and scouts were not permitted to meet with players at their colleges.
Simmons feels that he'll be representing all HBCU players, saying: "I don't mind having that target on my back representing all of the HBCU players. I take pride in it and I'm going to make them proud."
(2) Simmons is also proud to be a native of Selma, Ala., a historic city that was instrumental in the civil rights movement in the 1960s.
On March 7, 1965, about 600 civil rights marchers left Selma heading east toward Montgomery, the state capital. After they crossed the Edmund Pettus Bridge, they were attacked by sheriff's deputies and state troopers—a day that subsequently became known as "Bloody Sunday."
Two weeks later, Martin Luther King Jr. led a march over the bridge to Montgomery. Along the 50-mile trek, the group grew from 3,200 to 25,000. The marches helped generate public support for the civil rights movement, leading to the U.S. Congress passing the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
"I take great pride in being from Selma," Simmons said. "I love my city. Every year we have the Jubilee festival to remember those who marched across the bridge and I always attend the event. There's a great pride in being from here."
(3) Simmons is motivated by the memory of his first cousin, Roderick Ellis, who passed away on May 15, 2002 at the age of 12.

"He had an asthma attack and he lost too much oxygen to his brain," Simmons said. "It still drives me today because I know he didn't get to enjoy his full life. He had so much potential and I just want to do it for him."
Simmons and Ellis were inseparable as kids.
"We used to always hang out together," Simmons said. "If I wasn't at his house, he was at my house. We were real tight."
(4) While participating in the Bears' offseason program, Simmons has been shuttling between Selma and his family's farm about 15 miles away in Orrville, Ala.
"When we have all of our virtual meetings, I'll be in Selma because there's a better [internet] connection up there, and then I go down to the farm and I work out down there," he said.
"I have a rack, so I can do the basic bench, squat, incline and stuff like that. After I finish that, my dad got me a tractor tire. I flip the tractor tire down and back in a little pit, and then I drag the tire, Man, that's a workout."
(5) Simmons was nicknamed "Pig" as a kid by his grandmother because of the way he'd devour some of her special dishes.
"She used to always cook collard greens and cornbread and stuff like that and I used to just pig out on it," Simmons said. "That's how I got the nickname 'Pig,' and it just stuck."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose